• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP151: Agnome, Yuxie, Emrit! ・ DP152: Dialga and Palkia! The Final Battle!!

Re: DP 151 - 152 "Agnome, Yuxie, Emrit!" & "Dialga and Palkia! The Final Battle!" Rev

It seemed to me like the new world thing was incomplete and unstable or something, resulting in Cyrus either dying or being trapped in some sort of void(that would be my guess anyway)... I don't think it was supposed to be that he actually got what he wanted.

Re: DP 151 - 152 "Agnome, Yuxie, Emrit!" & "Dialga and Palkia! The Final Battle!" Rev

Also, why would they bring her back? Her gig was hunting Pokemon and her character arc is over. This was the conclusion that best fits her character. I all can think of is her coming back for a possible Heatran arc, but then they'd need another conclusion for her.

As the song says, "Live and let die."

Charon didn't get arrested at the end, so I think he's the only character from Galactic or J that we'll see again.

They'll probably do a short arc about Heatran later after Sunyshore.

So....all Cyrus wanted to do was create a new universe/alternate dimension "without spirit" where he ruled? Or did he wanna do that AND destroy the Earth all together, similar to what he wanted in the games? If he wanted to destroy the existing Earth also, that coulda been why that big portal opened that threaten to suck everybody in....like that was meant to destroy everything or something like that.

So the new universe (and likewise Cyrus although he has no power to expand it) still exist then? I must know for fanfic potential.

You're thinkin' about writing a fanfic? Kewl...regardless if Cyrus actually died or not, I don't think that should hold you back, you could make it to where the universe he created still exists and that he didn't die. I'd like to read it, it sounds interesting already.:-D

the attack was miraiuchi which is future site. :)

Just looked at the screenshots on Serebii. That definately beats the Aqua/Magma finale. Now alls we gotta do is wait till April for the English dubs to come out (April sounds so freakin' long off).

Now that I've seen the Commanders' arrests for myself....now I gots a plan cookin' up for my possible fanfic...:naughty:

I'm definately gonna miss TG though....both in the anime and the games. It's kinda rare that you come across badass episodes like that.

I think my favorite part in DP151 was when Ash and co. got zapped into the Team Galactic HQ, Charon's reaction was hilarious....kinda like a "Suprise, foo'!!" moment for me.:lol:

Those final attacks that the Lake Pokémon used on Dialga and Palkia must have been Explosion, Memento and Healing Wish.

Still, I found it quite surprising how they've effectively killed off the two main antagonists of the saga in the arc. J's seems rather final while Cyrus got what he wanted and ascended into a higher plane of existance.

Those final attacks that the Lake Pokémon used on Dialga and Palkia must have been Explosion, Memento and Healing Wish.

Still, I found it quite surprising how they've effectively killed off the two main antagonists of the saga in the arc. J's seems rather final while Cyrus got what he wanted and ascended into a higher plane of existance.

Possibly.

Five main antagonists get killed off in 45 minutes? I hate it how the three admins were simply "arrested" instead of following their respective paths in the games.

Like Cyrus, who is probably floating around in his new universe right now being overwhelmed and speechless given the huge amount of new impressions beyond imagination there, I'm overwhelmed by awe as well. Describing these two episodes in one post is utterly impossible.

The time has come that I can finally say:
These two episodes ,especially the second one were

THE BEST EPISODES EVER

I know that the term "best episode ever" has been used countless times so far and unfortunately, isn't often taken seriously. But be sure that I mean what I say.

The action-packed scenes, the profound motifs, the impressive atmosphere, the philosophical questions which those episodes raised and which can serve as basis for highly interesting discussions and last but not least the FANTASTIC characters, above all, of course, Her Majesty, my dear Queen Cynthia ...all these aspects created something unprecedented ,something extraordinary, something unique.
Wow, just wooow.

With the motif of a whole new world, Pokemon has chosen a whole new way too. Or to stay wihin the realm of astronomy, these episodes marked the start of new millenium for Pokemon.
Creating a new world and leaving the old one behind is a motif with almost religious features. "Transcending the confines of time and space" as Sheena called it, jumping into a whole new dimension, being totally free and transformed into another form of existence...All this sure is appealing and I can understand Cyrus to some extend. If only he hadn't intended to destroy everything else which hindered him from reaching his goal! From my point of view it is not the desire to change his personal mode of existence, but his ruthless indifference toward others and their fate which Cyrus is to blame for. I don't know whether he's found what he had been looking for all his life, but at leasr he can't do harm to anybody anymore.

I can't mention all the other great scenes, but I do want to recall one of them, a very special one which caused me to go wild with excitement. Maybe you can already think of the scene which I'm referring to:
Of course, the E.P.I.C moment when first of all Garchomp dashed at Jupiter and Skuntank and attacked with Giga Impact like a avenger angel. Then my Queen jumped out of her jeep with an extremly heroic pose and faced the villain and finally Garchomp grabbed her threatening to slit her throat. HOW EPIC CAN IT GET???
I could watch this scene endlessly.
Cynthia and Garchomp, my eternal heroes!!! :unworthy:

This was a first review thus far.
I'm gonna add more details in the course of the next days

But one thing's for sure

10 out of 10 points, but actually those episodes should be in a class of their own.

Cyrus got what he wanted and ascended into a higher plane of existance.

Like Cyrus, who is probably floating around in his new universe right now being overwhelmed and speechless given the huge amount of new impressions beyond imagination there

I'm really confused why people are saying this. It seemed to me like Dialga and Palkia were interrupted and Cyrus lost control of them before they could really do anything. Cyrus seemed to walk into a closing spacial distortion that was then attacked and destroyed by Dialga and Palkia.

Did I miss something here? When I saw it I figured Cyrus was pretty much dead, especially from Mars and Saturn's reactions.

I think it was more that the portal to the new creation was dissipated rather than the whole creation being destroyed. That was the impression I got as well as everyone I was watching with.

Before they could really do anything? Did you see the swirling galaxies in the space beyond?

I think Mars's reaction is meant to be a reference to Platinum where she follows him to the Distortion World, and Saturn stopped her because Cyrus basically said he didn't want them there.

I think it was more that the portal to the new creation was dissipated rather than the whole creation being destroyed. That was the impression I got as well as everyone I was watching with.

Well this is possible, but I don't know. The way it was growing and then just started collapsing as soon as the chains were attacked.. I don't know.

Before they could really do anything? Did you see the swirling galaxies in the space beyond?
True, but the way it was expanding and then just immediately started closing.. it just seemed like it wasn't complete.

I think Mars's reaction is meant to be a reference to Platinum where she follows him to the Distortion World, and Saturn stopped her because Cyrus basically said he didn't want them there.

I don't know about the scene in platinum, but to me it looked like Saturn stopped Mars because Cyrus had completely lost it.

I could be wrong, especially if that last scene is supposed to be a reference to platinum that I don't know about.

Oh, not the whole scene, but the whole trying to follow him thing.

Incomplete could still be self-sustaining. What was inside wasn't moving much, and if things were getting destroyed, the things around the edges would have been vanishing/dissipating instead of just being obscured from view.

I'm pretty mad we only got to see Cynthia's Garchomp and not her Togekiss.

I figured it was more along the lines of her being totally shocked that he just willingly let himself be pulled into some random, endless void and was going to rush out in a reckless attempt to save him, with Saturn stopping her before she did anything stupid.

It was all pretty sad in a way, since although we really didn't get to know them all too well, these guys obviously had the greatest respect for the dude. Maybe if he wasn't so obsessed with starting a new universe he could have seen what he had all along.

Speaking of which, it was cool that Cyrus was a lot more in-character to his stoic game counterpart this time around. I don't think his expression changed once throughout the whole thing.

So....all Cyrus wanted to do was create a new universe/alternate dimension "without spirit" where he ruled? Or did he wanna do that AND destroy the Earth all together, similar to what he wanted in the games? If he wanted to destroy the existing Earth also, that coulda been why that big portal opened that threaten to suck everybody in....like that was meant to destroy everything or something like that.
I think the black portal stuff was just spacetime becoming unstable because Dialga and Palkia were out of whack(since they still had the red chain around them but no Cyrus to control them), as we've seen in a slightly different manner in Movie 10.

Speaking of which, it was cool that Cyrus was a lot more in-character to his stoic game counterpart this time around. I don't think his expression changed once throughout the whole thing.
I know that some people(myself included) think that Cyrus only THINKS he's in complete control of his emotions, although he's obviously very good at hiding them whether he has them or not. I was a big fan of all his death stares either way(especially when he shut Jupiter up just by staring at her. Who needs pitiful words that exist only to express the ideas of the spirit?)

I think this arc was very well done and well paced...until the last ten minutes when the writers realized they had to work Dialga/Palkia into these three episodes somehow. The capture/enslavement of the pixies was great, including J's ship being struck down by Future Sight(I can't see how it could be anything else, since several minutes earlier Uxie/Mesprit used an attack that just sent light into the sky to no (current) effect, then after her ship got struck by lightning I heard someone say the word "mirai" or "future"(and looking it up, Future Sight is "Mirai Yochi" in Japanese)), the TG admin's reactions to the use of the red crystals to control the pixies(Cyrus is unmoving, the original admins are impressed, Pluto clearly doesn't care(EH HEH HEH!)), and AshnCo being warped to the TG ship. Although if I was Cytnhia, I'd be surprised beyond "swerve my freakishly flat Jeep and bring it to a stop" if three people warped out of my vehicle without warning.

The dragons? ...yeah, we NEEDED a fourth episode to handle them. It's obvious the writers thought we got enough of the dragons in the movies and decided to focus on the pixies instead, but the whole thing came off as an afterthought. They got, what, ten minutes of screentime? Out of THREE EPISODES? Very disappointing. They did handle the calming down of the dragons very well(each pixie used its virtue to help instead of all three just doing a generic glowy Deus Ex Machina salvation), and it was incredible seeing Cyrus lumber, trancelike, into his new universe and watching all the admins react to it(Pluto continues to not take any of it seriously. I never would have throught he'd be an awesome character, but he is). This is definitely an episode I have to watch again with English subtitles/voice acting, since I can tell I missed a lot by not understanding the speech.

I don't know about the scene in platinum, but to me it looked like Saturn stopped Mars because Cyrus had completely lost it.

I could be wrong, especially if that last scene is supposed to be a reference to platinum that I don't know about.

In Platinum after you defeat Mars and Jupiter at Stark Mountain, Mars mentions that she's gonna go into the Distortion World and look for Cyrus. Her reaction in the anime that we saw kinda mirrored what her feelings might have been in the game or something like that.

I can tell I missed a lot by not understanding the speech.

That's basically the main reason why I wait until the English dubs come out. If I watched the Japanese episodes, it would drive me crazy not being able to fully understand what's going on....whether there's English subtitles involved or not.

That's basically the main reason why I wait until the English dubs come out. If I watched the Japanese episodes, it would drive me crazy not being able to fully understand what's going on....whether there's English subtitles involved or not.

Hmm, so you are not able to read? I assume you got some kind of assistant who helps you to read the posts in this forum then.

XD

Summaries never give a full understanding. Especially when a character's entire fate seems to be debated even by people who understood every word.

I notice in the shots of the portal when he went in, there's some sort of distorted fog around the edges of it, but it's also around the *outside* of the portal, indicating that it's the portal itself rather than any effect on the new universe.

Honestly, in Pt, I got the feeling that Mars would get bored with the Distortion World and her boss's ramblings in a couple of weeks. Although I also got the impression that he could leave any time he wanted (even when you go back in and you can only reach a smaller part, there's still a larger part indicated that you just can't get to from where you are, so all he'd have to do is climb over the rocks preventing you from getting back to where you'd been before. And given that this is the guy who led agents up Mt Coronet without any pokemon with the necessary moves to do so, I don't think that would be a problem. A bigger issue is if he would WANT to leave).

I can't be bothered to quote everyone, but I basically got the feeling that Cyrus was killing himself by walking into that portal. Not in that he walks in and suddenly he can breathe, he goes "arrrrrgh*spluttersplutter*" and dies... But more that he walks in, in some crazy trance and that's it. The end. And he doesn't even notice.

That so didn't make sense, did it? :p

I also agree with Jup about the dragons needing another episode to be handled well. It didn't bother me too much, but it did feel rather pointless sticking them in only for them to basically do nothing and just go again.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom