• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think any current Pokémon will have Evolutions or Preevolutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bangirasu

Reaction score
There sure is going to be any evolution or preevolution of any current Pokemon. Let´s speculate what Pokemon could evolve or being evolve from.

Torkoal, Chatot, Pachirisu, Delibird, Farfetch´d to have evolutions.
Skarmory, Tropius, Tauros, Miltank to have pre-evolutions(Tauros and Miltank both sharing a common preevolution).

Re: Do you think any current Pokemon will have Evolutions or Preevolutions?

They could always pull a Generation III and do as few Pokemon related to previous ones as possible. Considering so many people throw shit at some of the new Generation IV evolutions like Tangrowth and Lickilicky for being "ugly" or too "similar" to their pre-evolutions (which I don't agree with at all), that could be the plan this time.

If the amount of Gen V Pokemon that are related to old ones is more like Gen. II/IV's, then all I want are some evolutions for Pokemon that actually need the strength boost, i.e. more evolutions like Togekiss, Honchkrow, Ambipom and Lickilicky and less stuff like Electivire, Dusknoir and Rhyperior. I know baby Pokemon are inevitable but at least give them to Pokemon that seem too strong to exist in their current forms. Munchlax was fine because Snorlax was a brickhouse, while Chingling was a joke because Chimecho was already below average in strength.

Also, I want some more branched evolutions like Vileplume/Bellossom, Poliwrath/Politoed and Glalie/Froslass. I love those much more than just a straight up new evolution because it adds to a family of Pokemon without making the existing final evolution feel irrelevant.

They could always pull a Generation III and do as few Pokemon related to previous ones as possible. Considering so many people throw shit at some of the new Generation IV evolutions like Tangrowth and Lickilicky for being "ugly" or too "similar" to their pre-evolutions (which I don't agree with at all), that could be the plan this time.

If the amount of Pokemon that are related to old ones in Gen V is more like Gen. II/IV's, then all I want are some evolutions for Pokemon that actually need the strength boost, i.e. more Pokemon like Togekiss, Honchkrow, Ambipom and Lickilicky and less stuff like Electivire, Gallade and Rhyperior. I know baby Pokemon are inevitable but at least give them to Pokemon that seem too strong to exist in their current forms. Munchlax was fine because Snorlax was a brickhouse, while Chingling was a joke because Chimecho was already below average in strength.

Also, I want some more branched evolutions like Vileplume/Bellossom, Poliwrath/Politoed and Glalie/Froslass. I love those much more than just a straight up new evolution because it adds to a family of Pokemon without making the existing final evolution feel irrelevant.

This. You said everything i was thinking of.

Kanghaskan, Aipom, Yanma (he's a big bug), Sneasel, Smeargle, Chatot, Buizel, Misdreavus and Murkrow for baby prevos.

Evolutions for Girafarig, Stantler, Golduck (Water/Psychic evo), Jynx, Mr. Mime, new EEVEElution, Sudowoodo, Dunsparce, Qwilfish (he needs to be used). That's all I can think at the moment.

I think a PreEvo for Scyther and an Evo for Farfetch'd would be nice

Tropius is what I think the Chikorita final form should have been. So a pre or post evo there is coming.

pre-evolutions:

- kangaskhan*
- tauros/miltank*
- pinsir/heracross

evolutions:

- jynx
- qwilfish
- dunsparce*
- sableye
- mawile
- luvdisc
- pachirisu

these choices are based on my preferences. i did not take into consideration their stats.

*overrated, but really needs to be taken into consideration.

If Pachirisu gets an evolution it better be less... annoying, and less useless.

Tauros and Miltank sharing a small evolution would be a good idea, in my opinion.

Didn't that Gamefreak blog say they went to a zoo? And I also recall they mentioned a giraffe. So I would like to suggest a Girafarig evolution.

I remember seeing someone else on here saying that "Farfetch'd needs an evolution more than any other Pokémon", and I kind of agree with them. Farfetch'd is a cool Pokémon, but I'd really love it to have a cooler and stronger evo.

Didn't that Gamefreak blog say they went to a zoo? And I also recall they mentioned a giraffe. So I would like to suggest a Girafarig evolution.

This too. Tyrannosaurus giraffe, plz. >:3

I agree with everything that's been said to far.
To add to the list, Psychic/Ghost Chimecho evo plox. I think it would be awesome, and Chimecho deserves more than a hideous baby.

Did you guys see the silhouette of the new Gen. V pokemon? Heres a link just in case: Gen. V

To me, it really looks like a Carnivine evolution, but I'm really not sure. But it does make me think of a grass type pokemon, because those things on it's head remind me of thorns, and it just looks like a grass type IMO. What kinda pokemon do you guys think it is?

Dunsparce or no go my friends.

It'd like to see Eevee get a Normal type evolution which it evolves-by-level-up (as well as a Dragon and Ghost evolution).

Gen 1 was all new, gen 2 had a lot of Poké related to previous gen, gen 3 was all new (except 2 pre evos) and gen 4 had a lot of Poké related to previous gen
I don't like to make up random "patterns" based on the past but I think we might get an almost all new gen this time
Anyway, I agree with a lot who want a baby that evolve to Tauros/Miltank by gender... I'd also like pre evo + evo for Quilfish and for Corsola too, evolution for Pachi only if they still keep it cute/cool and not ugly, evo for Chimecho (same as Pachi)
I know it's very unlikely but I think it'd be nice to see a new evo for Pika in addition to Raichu... I remember I saw on bulbapedia a page of some Poké that apparently were created but eventually not included (not sure if they were real) and one of them looked like a red Raichu... maybe a fire/electric evolution for Pika? again I know it's unlikely, but I'd still like it

I think the Pokemon revealed on Pokemon Sunday is a Dark/Fighting evolution of Mightyena.

Dark/Psychic Girafarig evo named Gazellezag.

Normal/Psychic evolution of Stantler.

Yeah, I'm sure we'll get some. Girafarig needs one, Dunsparce, Pinsir, etc.

I still want a baby for Miltank and Tauros that evolves into one of them based on gender.

Otherwise, Frost said everything I was going to say.

Did you guys see the silhouette of the new Gen. V pokemon? Heres a link just in case: Gen. V

To me, it really looks like a Carnivine evolution, but I'm really not sure. But it does make me think of a grass type pokemon, because those things on it's head remind me of thorns, and it just looks like a grass type IMO. What kinda pokemon do you guys think it is?

Not paying attention, eh? The silhouette is all over the place. We don't need to go to Serebii to see it.

Please no more pathetic prevolutions. They serve no use but to force me to breed a slew of excess eggs.

New evolutions to existing ones... I don't like the idea either, but sadly I'm sure they'll bring some new ones to the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom