• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Mention the couple that has a similarity with Advanceshipping! Maybe it's from anime, games, or myth?

Our very own Pokemon! Pearl-shipping has the general Mentor-Student relationship as well.

PearlShipping seems more like a brother/sister relationship to me...

Yeah, I have to say FeelingShipping (Blue(boy) x Yellow) from the Pokemon Adventures manga. Blue trains her in volume 5 of the manga. So I guess it's kind of like a mentor/student relationship since he's teaching her battling skills.

What Colour reminds you of AdvanceShipping?

Red, all because of May's Hoenn/RS outfit.

Hey guys, Rocker's back for a moment - but I won't be here for the weekend. Don't cry though, I'll be back. xD

I've found a song that is rather applicable to Advanceshipping, specifically when the group splits up after May heads off to Johto. It's Light On - David Cook. I'm sure some of you have heard it before, it's on the radio a lot. I'll do a thorough analysis and show you why I think it's great for AAMayL.

May's perspective
Never really said too much
Afraid it wouldn’t be enough
Just try to keep my spirits up
When there’s no point in grieving
Doesn’t matter anyway
Words could never make me stay - She's off to Johto, and even Ash couldn't stop her.
Words will never take my place
When you know I’m leaving
- aww.

(Chorus)
Try to leave a light on when I’m gone
Something I rely on to get home

One I can feel at night
A naked light, a fire to keep me warm
Try to leave a light on when I’m gone
Even in the daylight, shine on
And when it’s late at night you can look inside
You won’t feel so alone
- Pulling out the ribbon perhaps?

Ash's perspective
You know we’ve been down that road
What seems a thousand times before
- The duo got two adventures, Hoenn and Kanto
My back to a closing door and my eyes to the seasons
That roll out underneath my heels
And you don’t know how bad it feels
To leave the only one that I have ever believed in
- He taught her everything he knows, raised her to the Coordinator she is today - and to see her go will make him a bit distressed.

[Chorus]

Sometimes it feels like we’ve run out of luck
When the signal keeps on breaking up
When the wires cross in my brain
You’ll start my heart again
When I come along

[Chorus]

^That song seems like it was written just for ADV, doesn't it?
So yeah...

Who wants fanart?
advance47.jpg

advance46.png

\http://www14.plala.or.jp/pockemon/\

I must check out that song!

I love the fanart! Naughty Pikachu! :-D

Last edited:
@princess: congrats for the 50th banner! it's always adorable! and you've find a great hint! maybe we should add all of the new hint we've got to bulbapedia?
@dd : always love your banner!
@make_it_worse: welcome to this thread!
@dc(darkcookie, may i call you that name?): i think pearlshipping look a like a sibling.. ash as the older brother and dawn as the yound sister..
@rocker: nice song! good job!

ok guys, any topic?

I've found a song that is rather applicable to Advanceshipping, specifically when the group splits up after May heads off to Johto. It's Light On - David Cook. I'm sure some of you have heard it before, it's on the radio a lot. I'll do a thorough analysis and show you why I think it's great for AAMayL.

Thats a good song but I think David Cooks song "Come Back to Me" fits a lot better

I found this song that's incredibly similar to AdvanceShipping, before May left:

As long as stars shine down from heaven
And the rivers run into the sea
Til the end of time forever
You’re the only love I’ll need

Relates to the pokemon movies. Stars = Movie 6. Sea = Movie 9. Time = Movie 8. Love = Sid, movie 7 And heh, the only love she'll ever need *shot*

In my life you’re all that matters
In my eyes the only truth I see
When my hopes and dreams have shattered
You’re the one that’s there for me

Ash is always lifting her spirits and encouraging her

When I found you I was blessed
And I will never leave you, I need you

Imagine me without you
I’d be lost and so confused
I wouldn’t last a day, I’d be afraid
Without you there to see me through

May was clueless about Pokemon before Ash came along, and he always guided her :D

Imagine me without you
Lord, you know it’s just impossible
Because of you, it’s all brand new
My life is now worthwhile
I can’t imagine me without you

Without him, she would never of discovered Contests, and man, she loves her contests xD

When you caught me I was falling
You’re love lifted me back on my feet

Self explanatory :p

It was like you heard me calling
And you rush to set me free

Movie nine, nuff said :D

And I will never leave you, I need you

Well, it is quite lucky that Ash met her =3

Imagine me without you

And I will never leave you, I need you oh

Imagine me without you

I can’t imagine me without you

Last edited:
hey Guys/Gals i'm back!

welcome all newcomers ect

What Colour reminds you of AdvanceShipping?

colour:purple
reson why?: becuase it is the combination of manaphy one of our beloved mascots is blue and the colours shared by the head where of our subjects (Ash and May)

@shadow: welcome back! >o<
@dd: wow you've got a great song..

hey? topic?
what thing that symbolized advanceshipping? (don't answer terracota ribbon, we all know that,ok?)

i think their gloves and their bandana and cap?

If you're interested, the song is called "Imagine me without you" by Jaci Velasquez.

What thing that symbolized AdvanceShipping?

Gloves =3 So far, May is the only main girl who wore gloves

what thing that symbolized advanceshipping?

The gloves, and chopsticks, both Ash and May love to eat xD. It's been a while since I've posted, cookie for those who can I guess who I am/was.

How rude of me, it also seems that you all have found new supporters, 'gratz for finding them and welcome to the new supporters. ^^

what thing that symbolized advanceshipping?

The gloves, and chopsticks, both Ash and May love to eat xD. It's been a while since I've posted, cookie for those who can I guess who I am/was.

How rude of me, it also seems that you all have found new supporters, 'gratz for finding them and welcome to the new supporters. ^^
meh243.jpg

Image64.jpg

Yay for ramen!

What thing that symbolized Advancedshipping..

their pokedexes, they had the same pokedex and same color too, though in the battle frontier series, may did had a pink one..

Whoa, alot of things happen while I was gone (btw its me BlueStar) ^^;

What thing that symbolized Advancedshipping?
I agree, the gloves. May is the only who wore them ^.^

Exactly how does that matter. By that logic, Misty is the only one who didn't wear any type of hat.

Yeah, and Dawn is the only one with boots/hairclips/other things. Just wanted to add to the converation...

What thing that symbolized Advancedshipping?

The most obvious one...ribbons. Nothing can symbolize ADV more than a ribbon.

How about ramen or chopsticks. They love to eat. DD practically proves it in her last post.

And turtles 'cuz HydroShipping is WIN :p

Back
Top Bottom