• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Colosseum or XD?

Which is better?

• Colosseum

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • XD

Votes: 34 43.6%

• Total voters
You can get so many pokemon that are quite useful from Colosseum, like a Tyranitar, the roaming Beasts, and the Johto starters (hard to get in 3rd gen), plus a Ho-Oh if you beat a certain amount of trainers or something

I never played either of those games, but my cousin does have Colosseum. I'd go with Colosseum (because you can get the Johto starters in Gen III).

I never played either of those games, but my cousin does have Colosseum. I'd go with Colosseum (because you can get the Johto starters in Gen III).

You can't get the Johto starters in XD as well... You get them after yi u beat the Mt. Battle thing... And I never playedColl

I haven't played XD but it sound's better than Colosseum from what i have heard.(Based on serebii's section)

I prefer XD, because it's more challenging.

Colo, it has more stadium modes then XD does, all XD has is quick battle and gang battle.

Both games are win, though, thanks to Miror B.

XD is the superior title. In addition to the game itself being more enjoyable (given shadow pokemon are less irritating to capture), the pokemon you do get will have, even if for the majority of them useless, special moves.

Also XD has this scene.

Well, I vastly prefer XD. But then it's still not my favorite Pokemon game.
I don't really like Colosseum (Mostly because I can't beat it and because Wes creeps me out)
And overall, I don't really care for Orre.

XD, at least, I was able beat. It was kinda fun, but I got tired of it after a while. ^ ^"

I like both games, but I tend to lean more towards XD. It had a longer storyline than Colosseum (I had clocked in 40-50 hours on Colosseum on just the storyline, while I clocked in about 70 on the storyline in XD), had a few more interesting characters, and having a few more locations and towns was a definate plus also. My favorite Pokemon team out of all the Pokemon games I have, including handhelds and home consoles, happens to be on XD, which is made up of Espeon, Houndoom, Walrien, Salamence, Breloom, and Ampharos.

They were as good as each other, both brilliant games with their own pros. and cons.

I like xd because u get to catch way more pokemon and on colluseum it is so easy to get lost which happens to me alotxD

I like colosseum but XD Pokemon have better special moves and lugia is easier to obtain than Ho-oh so I gotta say XD.

Ryuu do you understand proper decision making?

If he likes Colosseum, then he likes it. Not everybody gets a chance to play every game out there... heck, I've never played any of the Stadiums or Battle Revolution before.:-/

If he likes Colosseum, then he likes it. Not everybody gets a chance to play every game out there... heck, I've never played any of the Stadiums or Battle Revolution before.:-/
But you can't say X is better than Y if you haven't played both, and that's basically what the poll is about.

Er-hem. I like XD more. Reasons:
* Special moves (though most of them suck) and free TM moves on purified Shadow Pokémon
* Limited wild Pokémon battles in 3D
* Displayed Munchlax and Bonsly early, and had even a playable Bonsly in the Battle Bingo game
* Ramped up the difficulty with more than one Shadow Pokémon available during a battle
* Shadow Lugia was epic (though the first thing I did to it was to drop it in the perfect Purify Chamber system)

Wes was a better player character than Michael, though.

Last edited:
I prefer Colo, simply because it had more Pokemon that weren't readily available in Gen 3. It was also a little more challenging than XD, which made it more rewarding.

However, XD had its pros- no Rui!! And the disc tutors were pretty interesting.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom