• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think Pokemon Hunter J survived?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A death is a death, and you claim to be religious. I'm just wondering from what religion because killing is against the ten commandments. They don't say "don't kill unless its an organized execution". Don't what the difference is. You keep spouting this "justice for all" as if you disagree with J's death, yet are completely okay if the Officer Jennys gave her a lethal injection.

don't they hang people in Japan?

lol bitch is dead. i want her dead. it would be the only real closure that we can have. because to be honest, there has only been a handful of without a doubt, "evil" characters. cyrus being one of them.and he's dead also, so we can assume that J isn't the only one to die in this anime. movies not included.

Re: good bye hunter J

Hunter J isn't dead. She's simply too badass to die. Hell, she's the only badass villain character in the entire anime.

Seriously, the other villains are either comic relief or misguided idealists. I'll grant you that Cyrus was pretty dangerous with his nihilistic ideals (though he still falls into the latter category) and perhaps Giovanni would be a worthy villain if he ever did anything, but J is the only truly nasty, amoral villain the series has. She's in it for the money. She's not a good person deep down. She will actually try to kill you if you cross her.

She'll be back.

I totally agree with you. Hunter J does not, repeat, NOT
deserve to die. I mean, Somebody has to avoid Ash. Ash is just too annoying. He almost always stops villians, like the Power Rangers. Hunter J is probably the only villian that actually evaded Ash and his useless attempts to stop her. J is, in my opinion, the COOLEST character in the whole franchise. I hope hunter J comes back in another Pokemon episode or even a movie that revolves around her actions. J should be in a game where she's the antagonist(or better yet,the protagonist). And I will state: Hunter J should live, and if she is even ever stopped(hopefully she won't), she better not be stopped from her crime spree by Ash.

I totally agree with you. Hunter J does not, repeat, NOT
deserve to die. I mean, Somebody has to avoid Ash. Ash is just too annoying. He almost always stops villians, like the Power Rangers. Hunter J is probably the only villian that actually evaded Ash and his useless attempts to stop her. J is, in my opinion, the COOLEST character in the whole franchise. I hope hunter J comes back in another Pokemon episode or even a movie that revolves around her actions. J should be in a game where she's the antagonist(or better yet,the protagonist). And I will state: Hunter J should live, and if she is even ever stopped(hopefully she won't), she better not be stopped from her crime spree by Ash.

i may have confessed but i like you now for saying that shroomish!

I may write a fic about her, but let's just say it may come across as Christian propaganda to some. I may tone it down if I write it. Is saying "God help me," too out of character for J? Or "Arceus help me?"

Saying "God help me" is too out of character for J. But "Arceus help me" makes more sense, because it's in the Pokemon world, so it fits. But even though it makes more sense, I can't imagine J saying that. With her gadgets and henchmen, I don't think J needs any more help.

Saying "God help me" is too out of character for J. But "Arceus help me" makes more sense, because it's in the Pokemon world, so it fits. But even though it makes more sense, I can't imagine J saying that. With her gadgets and henchmen, I don't think J needs any more help.

Except for the fact whatever religion Arceus may have been the deity of, its obviously not practiced in modern Sinnoh.

Religion in the Pokemon world has always been more casual. Sort of like "oh yes, we're surrounded by gods, they'e just there".

Well, with obvious exceptions like Cyrus's personal cult or Eusine's...one-man Suicune worship.

Personally, I think they left it up to us to decide. They probably said 'well censors will probably prevent us from letting her die onscreen, so let's just imply she died but not confirm it'. Not only would censors probably not let her be killed onscreen, unless like its one of those Disney style fall off a cliff to your doom death, but if you were a writer, and you considered killing off a character but knew she was a great villain and had future potential, the safe way to do it is imply they died and leave it up to the fans, not confirm or deny her fate. Thus if they ever want to use her again, they can say 'J barely escaped going down with her ship' and thus they aren't tied to retcon her death.

As to whether or not I'm glad she died, well in all honesty, I think she's one of the most evil characters on the show and the only two ways to end her character is kill her or have her arrested, and with her character, death seemed to be the best way to put her character to rest.

Personally, I think they left it up to us to decide. They probably said 'well censors will probably prevent us from letting her die onscreen, so let's just imply she died but not confirm it'. Not only would censors probably not let her be killed onscreen, unless like its one of those Disney style fall off a cliff to your doom death, but if you were a writer, and you considered killing off a character but knew she was a great villain and had future potential, the safe way to do it is imply they died and leave it up to the fans, not confirm or deny her fate. Thus if they ever want to use her again, they can say 'J barely escaped going down with her ship' and thus they aren't tied to retcon her death.

I hate that. People then start arguing about whether Pokemon Hunter J's alive or dead, like- "J is dead, OK?! DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!" or "No, you idiot! J's alive! ALIVE ALIVE ALIVE!" I don't like that happening, so... KEEP HER ALIVE.

befour the ship went Boom?...

Maybe. Probably after the last shot of her Ship before it goes into the water she calls Salamence and flies away. OR maybe she has a gadget that makes the ship look like it blew up. less likely,though. scratch that- near impossible. but it could. things like that can happen where there's tons of gadgets of the future.

I... agree the anime made it slightly vague because it's a little out of their boundaries to actually confirm a death of a major character, especially in such a violent manner, but dead J is dead to me.

If she survived, it wouldn't just cheapen that chilling scene and most awesome way for a villain to go out on this show. But... if J actually survived nearly drowning followed by getting blown to smithereens, she would come out of it looking like the Pokemon universe equivalent of Two-Face.

And that would be far scarier and freakier than just saying she got killed off, let me tell you. Cool, but easily beyond this show's boundaries. In short, no. Like disco, I believe J is dead-dead-dead.

But... if J actually survived nearly drowning followed by getting blown to smithereens, she would come out of it looking like the Pokemon universe equivalent of Two-Face.

Considering this show, I'm pretty sure the writers wouldn't do that.

Yeah, that's the point. XD Logically, surviving something like that would disfigure somebody like crazy. Pokemon's not that X-TREEEEEEME, so I say it's safe to assume that she's vaporized. Because the writers would have a hell of a time coming up with a reason why she wouldn't literally look like she's melting away with various chunks of her body missing.

Wow, I just got all dark and gory there.

She's gone. No one could survive that blast, and Lake Valor's depth looks insane. If it really is that deep, even if J survives, chances are she would drown or be crushed by the water pressure. Poor Salamance and Drapion.

It really didn't appear to be that deep. Fairly deep, but not crushing depths deep. And they didn't have to explain how Giovanni survived his HQ blowing up and collapsing on top of him, or how Jirarudan survived being hit with Aeroblast and his ship falling off a cliff, or how Marcus survived falling off the cliff...And let's face it, if Miyamoto showed up alive, no one would really question it, even if they didn't explain anything.

It really didn't appear to be that deep. Fairly deep, but not crushing depths deep. And they didn't have to explain how Giovanni survived his HQ blowing up and collapsing on top of him,

Well we saw him leaving the building, so...

Miyamoto showed up alive, no one would really question it, even if they didn't explain anything.

She apparently got hit by the avalanche in the first chapter/episode of the radio drama, but she was... well, heard, in, like, every other episode of the radio drama. At the end of the fifth one, Giovanni (the narrator) said, after Miyamoto was talking about getting Mew or whatever, that her whereabouts were still unknown. So last we heard from her... she was alive, but... going off, somewhere. (Now if she got hit by the avalanche in the last episode and that was the last we heard of her, then I'd think she died.)

She's gone. Series 13 is going to start on the 5th of next month. Im just going to give up faith.

Ok, go ahead. I did not say that like I hate you.

But anyway, if you believe Pokemon Hunter J's dead because almost everyone else says so, that's one of the worst things possible. would you want to live in a world where everyone says the exact same thing?
"Oh, J's dead. boo-hoo."
"I agree. Boo-hoo."
"I'll agree with both of you."
" I agree too! I'll go tell everyone she's dead! Woo-hoo!!!"
Then everyone believes the same thing. Nothing changes it. Even if one person disagrees, it will not change.

So if that's why you are giving up faith, then nothing will change it, unless someone convinces you not to go with others and you decide to be different.
But me, I will not believe she's dead unless they show her dead cadaver or the creators say she's dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom