• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think Pokemon Hunter J survived?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's the point. XD Logically, surviving something like that would disfigure somebody like crazy. Pokemon's not that X-TREEEEEEME, so I say it's safe to assume that she's vaporized.

Or alive without a scratch. Because she's J.

Because the writers would have a hell of a time coming up with a reason why she wouldn't literally look like she's melting away with various chunks of her body missing.

Wow, I just got all dark and gory there.

Because she's J.

I'm not saying that's a good reason, but I think ultimately, if she were to appear later, that's why she'd be fine. (She'd be all, "You thought you've seen the last of me, huh? Well no one takes down Pokemon Hunter J!")

Still, though, if we never see her again, after that explosion in that D&P episode, I'll have no reason to believe that she's alive. I don't think the writers would want to make her fate ambiguous, so either they'll bring her back eventually or they won't.

I'll give her, like, a year and a half (real time). But I'm not anxious for her return...

And they didn't have to explain how Giovanni survived his HQ blowing up and

He's Giovanni. He doesn't need an explanation.

J could die by the explosion of her ship, the shock wave from said explosion, water pressure, drowning, or even attack by angry local water-types.

Re: good bye hunter J

J should be in a game where she's the antagonist(or better yet,the protagonist).

Ooh. That would be awesome. I could finally get revenge on all the wild Pokémon that tried to attack me. Also, it would be a good chance for my dumb idea: Riolu (the one she tried to steal, but it would have so evolve so it could...you know...and baby Pokémon can't...) X Hunter J. I think J may have possibly fell in love with the Riolu, since she kept it next to her when it was a statue. Maybe that idea (Riolu X Hunter J) wouldn't work out. And if J is dead, she could be a ghost in the game.

Last edited:
Ok, go ahead. I did not say that like I hate you.

But anyway, if you believe Pokemon Hunter J's dead because almost everyone else says so, that's one of the worst things possible. would you want to live in a world where everyone says the exact same thing?
"Oh, J's dead. boo-hoo."
"I agree. Boo-hoo."
"I'll agree with both of you."
" I agree too! I'll go tell everyone she's dead! Woo-hoo!!!"
Then everyone believes the same thing. Nothing changes it. Even if one person disagrees, it will not change.

So if that's why you are giving up faith, then nothing will change it, unless someone convinces you not to go with others and you decide to be different.
But me, I will not believe she's dead unless they show her dead cadaver or the creators say she's dead.

Shroomish you realy changed my thoughts. But the bad thing is that the 13th series is out and no sign of her even in the starting theme video! :-(

Shroomish you realy changed my thoughts. But the bad thing is that the 13th series is out and no sign of her even in the starting theme video! :-(

Aww, really? but just cause she doesn't appear doesn't mean she's dead. you know, she might be impersonating someone, like the cleaning lady of a Pokemon Shelter(imaginary) and jack the pokemon.
(J opens cage)
Foreman: what do you think you're doing?
J: uhhh... cleaning the cage.
Foreman:I'm watching you.
J: paranoid man.(jacks pokemon)

OR maybe during a scene in a future episode there's a flying red, blue, and purple speck in the sky and someone mistakes it as a comet. you never know.
Guy: Make a wish, honey.

.....She's dead.

When she first appeared, I imaged her only significant purpose is to capture the spiritual trio since Galatic's method is too extreme for a children show. My theory was proven fact when they wrote her off the moment she done her job.

She lived her purpose, so the anime no longer have any need of her. Though they could replace her with an Rocket Elite since poaching Monsters is what they do best. Besides, Team Rocket isn't going anywhere thanks to the dojoro trios.

She's gone. No one could survive that blast, and Lake Valor's depth looks insane. If it really is that deep, even if J survives, chances are she would drown or be crushed by the water pressure. Poor Salamance and Drapion.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoOneCouldSurviveThat

Seriously, the explosion J was subjected to looked bad... until you remember that this is a show where Team Rocket are blown up every week without suffering anything greater than moderate hair damage. And J is fifty-eight times as badass.

Now, I'm admittedly a J fan, but I will say this: Right now J is Schrödinger's Cat; locked inside a box labeled 'plot'. When J's last appearance was written, the writers obviously had no more plans for her on the horizon. Thus, her arc was given a suitable ending, should that have ultimately been her last ever appearance. However, it was also done in such a way that wouldn't preclude her coming back if the writers wanted to make that choice.

I personally think that J is awesome enough to deflect such an explosion with an angry glare. Many disagree, and think she's gone for good. But honestly, if she were to show up in a future episode, it would take but a few lines of dialogue to explain away her presence.

Ash: J! But I thought you were...
J: Heh. I escaped thanks to this Alakazam you didn't know about/my emergency ejector seat/the fact that I was never even on that airship in the first place. Had to buy another pair of awesome shades, though.

She grew her hair, caught a Darkrai and defeated gym Leaders to get into the League... No she's dead.

I await her appearance in the "seriously serious" arc of Best Wishes.

No, I think she's dead. I mean, no one could survive that.

If she did survive (which is very unlikely, BTW) then she probably would have made an appearance after that by now.

Honestly, face it, she's dead.

Maybe, at the very end of the Sinnoh Conference, Ash will have just won, and then there will be an explosion and J will come in and kidnap Pikachu and flee to Isshu, giving Ash a reason to go.

Crashing into a whirlpool in an ocean like a hundred feet below sea level and then exploding...yeah...she survived!

Team Aqua and Team Magma have already been dealt with

hmmm im not so sure about that. both teams may come back up with some other wild plan! there are lots of sites creaking out about magma vs aqua. you never know shomething may turn around!

Ok...

Ok I think it may be over for J. Ash has just kicked volkners butt and will be going to the Sinnoh leage and Dawn has been into the final stage of the grand festival so that means it's about half way through the new series.

Plus the viser sinking down to the bottom of lake valor was also a sign that it could be the end of J. That was a BIG hint from pokemon.

But if in any of the eps coming up there is an odd Salamence wandering along and tries to kill Ash,Brock and Dawn, that may be a good sign.

So I think it will be goodbye from me.
Thank you everyone (mostly Shroomish and Cyndieespanion) for saying that I was still alive e.c.t.

Goodbye,
A sad Pokemon Hunter J :(

We already know that there wasn't anything else in DP. And since there's pretty much zero chance of BW adding anything, I think we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom