• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Music Discussion

Do you like the music so far?

• Total voters
I cannot wait for the music in this game..DPPt was eh, HGSS was great (except for the routes..and the nostalgia factor was 0), and I'm looking forward to BW.

VGMs are all I listen to really.

Music and Nostalgia are definitely partners in crime. The music in RBY, GSC, RSE is far more imprinted on me than DPPt. It was a joy hearing the old City music in HGSS revamped. It's not just the games of course, the anime plays a crucial role in that too.

I'm going to make an effort to really get into the music this time around. I know a song is good when I can randomly hum it during the day (Damn you Bicyle music and Surfing music!) Music does that by being incredibly unique. So far, the Rival Music and Hiun City are appealing to me the most with very unique intro tunes.

Maybe it's just me, but the beginning of the Wild Pokemon theme has a weird time-signature.

It's pretty good. I mean, from what I've heard so far, there's nothing wrong with the composition, but the themes haven't grown on me (I can't remember them without watching a video again), and the wild battle theme has already gotten kind of annoying. Still, the musical style seems to replicate that of R/S, which had my favorite soundtrack, so I have my hopes up for a great soundtrack.

To be honest I always play the game muted. I didn't when I was younger, I'll listen to the music this time around however, that's how excited I am about B&W

Same here. I wouldn't even recognize any of the music from Gen III and IV because I never had the sound on except in SoulSilver, and that's only because I have the GB Sounds. I haven't listened to any of the music so far, mostly because I don't speak Japanese and therefore never thought to put the volume on while watching the videos (I keep my computer muted when I'm not listening to music, too many loud, annoying ads on the Internet these days... :banghead:)

I played with the sound off in like the first two games, but generally knew the music from the times I would play with the sound on. Just was so convinced sound on killed the batteries, so I never had it on. Playing FRLG and HGSS though I recognized the music and it was nice and nostalic. So glad I started playing with the sound on in Gen III, mostly cause the SP I could just play with plugged in. If it weren't for that I wouldn't be so fond of Verdanturf's bgm.

I personally enjoy GS music..I played it when it first came out with the sound all the way up. ^^

I'm excited to hear the route themes..and the town themes..and..everything else? :'D
I heard just a bit of the desert theme and I can't wait to hear what it really sounds like..

Ehh, I don't really like the music that much. Although I like how it changes when you're at the red zone of HP.

The music in this game sounds like a combination of harvest moon an mario. The rival theme sound almost identical to the battle theme from bowsers inside story.... I LOVE IT :)

I don't think it is THAT special, but I like it. I too like that it speeds up on low health.

It's actually not bad--with the exception of the terrible rival theme.

For me, nothing beats Generation II/III's music (highlights would be Eusine's theme, Violet City's theme, GSE Kanto Gym battles, and all of RSE--especially Brendan's theme).

I think this music will grow on me faster than the strange overworld sprites will, though, haha.

I hope the music sounds nice. Thats usually one of my top things about regions and towns.

I meant to choose "Pretty good" over "Love it" but I suppose it doesn't matter since my view on it was positive overall.

I like the starting town music and the battle music is alright. So for now I'm gonna be optimistic.

I like the starting town music and the battle music is alright. So for now I'm gonna be optimistic.

I'm not too sure if that's the starting town music, but who knows, I might be wrong.

I love the Rival Battle theme. So much. I'm listening to the official one right now and it only has like the first half..but I don't care because it's so darn addictive to listen to

Sounding good so far.

The wild pokemon battle is probably the most important one, since it's the track we'll be hearing the most, bar trainer battles, throughout the game, and thankfully it's a good 'un. There's enough footage of wild battles to get the whole picture now, and I think it's a solid tune, though probably not a G/S wild beater. In any case, I really like the intro of the piece. Really gives off that 'holy shit, some wild animal just jumped out in front of me!' vibe. I also find myself humming the middle of the theme quite often.
General consensus seems to be that Musharna gets it's own battle theme, but given that the melody is identical to that of regular encounters and the background is sufficiently gloomy, I reckon it's a variation used specifically for night time battles. I hope that's the case, because it's bound to make the game just a little more atmospheric. It'd be nice if it carried over into trainer battles too.

The rival theme gets a few complaints from what I've seen, mainly because it's not 'rvialy enough' or whatever, but I rather enjoy it. It's quite catchy, and reminds me a lot of the type of tune you'd expect from the 'Paper Mario' rpg series, particulary the first. Granted, I don't really think it works all that well for Cheren, but it fits Belle to a tee.

That town in the demo (is it the player character's hometown? Not up to speed on this) reminds me of the fair music from Chrono Trigger. So yeah, that's awesome. There haven't really been too many 'city' themes in the games that have really stuck with me, with only a few exceptions, but this one I've already got a soft spot for. They can't all be hits, but I hope the rest of the locales share quality of the same calibur.

Jeeeez Gravy, they can't ALL be Goldenrod City or Lilycove City. :p

Aww, shucks V. If there's anything pokemon has taught me, it's that you can achieve anything if you just believe. And uhh, have friends and junk. I'm sure every track could be a Fortree if they just abide by those profound morals!

Buuut, don't get me wrong, I like pretty much all the city tunes. Just not as much as the battling stuff, I guess. Being the manly man that I am, the fightin' music has just left more of an impression on me.

Back
Top Bottom