• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Music Discussion

Do you like the music so far?

• Total voters
The trainer and rival themes are both really cool! The wild Pokémon theme sounds awesome as well, but I've only heard part of it; does anyone know where I can find the whole thing?

-Link Removed-

Someone managed to piece together the entire trainer battle theme from the videos that have been shown so far.

EDIT: -Link Removed-

Last edited by a moderator:
Overrall the musics have been quite good. Not stunning, but okay.
-Link Removed-

Someone managed to piece together the entire trainer battle theme from the videos that have been shown so far.

EDIT: -Link Removed-
Oh nice, someone has done a good job with those. But I'm a bit disappointed about the trainer battle theme. It's... boring.

And I can't really say anything good about that Rival Music either, seriously. I know this rival battle theme isn't supposed to be anything but happy and easy going, but I feel myself embarrassed, while listening that. The whole music glows that especially the female rival isn't surely the greatest trainer ever and I'll only feel myself awkward just for her.

And I can't really say anything good about that Rival Music either, seriously. I know this rival battle theme isn't supposed to be anything but happy and easy going, but I feel myself embarrassed, while listening that. The whole music glows that especially the female rival isn't surely the greatest trainer ever and I'll only feel myself awkward just for her.

You can hear a bit more in the demo on Pokémon Sunday; it sounds like it gets better.

The music is quite nice and I like how its been given details such as the speeding up of the music, when your Pokemon's health is critically low. So far its looking good.

Paper Mario

Funny, I was jist thinking that it sounded straight out of Mario & Luigi. It sound a bit Shimomura-y to me.

Obviously, she's not composing for the game (although, if she did, that would be the greatest news ever). :D

But, yeah, I'm relatively pleased.

I'm hoping for an Elite 4 exclusive theme.

We haven't had one since when, Gen III?

They're not Gym Leaders, they're the Elite Goddamn 4! The Four Heavenly Kings and shit! Show some respect!

I haven't heard too much music, but from what I've heard it's pretty good. It could be better, but for now, I love the music.

Not RSE-awesomeness, but the music could grow on me.

There probably is some new music in the new trailers (I haven't memorized all music from previous ones), but I've pointed out exactly where different kinds of music start in the new trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIszk30KGhY

0:00 - 1:16, probably the main theme

1:17 - 1:43 I think some route music.

1:44 - 2:08 battle theme

2:08 - 3:44 Sounds like the hometown or wi-fi music

3:44 - 4:24 Global Link probably (sounds fit for a bike theme imo though)

4:25 - 4:54 sounds like an alternate main theme.

4:55 receiving an item.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVGvlT69B8M

0:03 - 1:34 Main theme again.

1:35 - 2:01 alternate main theme. Used at musicals?

2:05 - 2:18 Very dramatic music. Used when legends get summoned?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX8uV5PyK94

0:11 - 1:11 that one supposed route music again.

1:12 - 1:38 the what I called global link/bike theme again.

1:41 - 2:15 What I assumed was the home town/wi-fi theme again.

2:15 - 2:33 Evolution music.

2:37 - 3:18 Sounds like rival music to me.

3:21 - 3:44 Gym music.

3:55 - 4:27 What is this, Fire Emblem? Sounds like Victory Road music.

4:28 - 4:55 Main theme again.

Title Screen Theme - -Link Removed-

Opening Theme - -Link Removed-

After a while, I'll get tired of game's music and turn the volume down. This applies to any game, not just Pokémon.

Needless to say, every generation of Pokémon has brought out ever better music. Hoenn's is some of my favorite. Sinnoh's is excellent, and the Johto remakes were the best yet. While I didn't like it at first, after I got the GB Sounds on SS and listening to some of the differences, I grew more to the remake's music over the ten-year-old 8-bit variants.

And from what I've heard so far, these games' music is some of the best yet.

-Link Removed-

Ah, I don't find it repetitive. I find it catchy. Jazzy.

That's my Youtube account btw

There isn't enough to tell, I just hope they don't think the DS's superior musical tech makes the music better again. DPP's music was a low point, it tried far to hard to be... "complex" and didn't really carry any mood. The only really good thing was the rival battle music, which wasn't original (being based on Pulseman's first stage).

^ This.

And the rival's theme is awesome :D And so is wild battle, but I don't think they've pieced it together in crystal clear yet.

I still think that FR/LG had the best music ever in the world. I have it on my MP3 player. Really rich, full and epic. That was what I loved. There's this sense of grandeur, of a huge adventure. Which is the point. The credits music is the best piece of music in the world. It incorporates everything that I loved about that music.

HG/SS.... Hmmmnn. Not really sure. It seemed a bit bouncy, a bit thin. It relied on the beat to keep it's impetus, and sounded like it could collapse at any point. Rival's theme and the title theme were the only things that benefited from that. Glad they put in the GB sounds.

And B&W... Good. So far.

Not liking the rival battle music. I mean, come on, I'm going to have to put that on mute.

Back
Top Bottom