• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of modification would you give existing moves?

Hyper Beam and its variants should've a recharge turn no matter the result. The user is actually using up a good amount of energy to launch those attacks.

Honestly, I just want them to be a bit more realistic and flashy.

The stats, on the other hand, seem fine to me.

I think that moves that boost all stats (Such as Ancient Power) should also boost Accuracy and Evasion. That way they're much more useful moves. Also, a raise in PP would be very much appreciated, as has been posted before.

Last edited:
Slash variations (Slash, Night Slash, Shadow Claw, Psycho cut) power should be increased to 90 (Like Leaf Blade and Attack Order)

Earth Power doubles damage if target(s) are underground. Fissure would bypass accuracy checks if Target is underground also.

More coming soon.

Hyper Beam and its variants should've a recharge turn no matter the result. The user is actually using up a good amount of energy to launch those attacks.

If that were to be done, the base power would have to be raised to 165. I suggested this once already.

Also, another one:

Swoop
Type: Dragon/Physical
Power: 60
PP: 20 Accuracy: --
Description: Swoops into the enemy, damaging it. Never misses.
Effect: The attack never misses.

A Dragon-type equivalent of Swift.

Last edited:
-Hyper Beam and Giga Impact shouldn't recharge IF you make the opponent faint. Only if you hit and it stays alive.

-Increase the power of the Fang moves (Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang...)

-Moves like Leafstorm and Draco Meteor should lower your Special Attack and Speed by one stage instead of SpA by 2.

-Boost Energy Balls power to 95.

-ADD AN ELECTRIC PRIORITY MOVE. ELECTRICITY IS FAST: Blitz Jolt 40 power.

-I JUST WANT LUXRAY TO LEARN VOLT TACKLE. OFF TOPIC I KNOW, BUT GIVE THAT POKEMON SOME GOOD STAB. i mean.. DAMN.

-Moves like

I would make slash replace cut as an HM since you can actually use slash in battle. Rock Smash would also have 80 base power instead of 40.

I remembered how Rock Smash had an even lesser base power before (it was 20, and it's considered an improvement compared to before). But yeah, it's definitely worth increasing its base power.

Acid is the only Poison move that doesn't poison the attack target, but this move would benefit even more with a base power tweak (to 60) and ignoring Steel's immunity to poison, because technically, acid corrodes steel.

Lucky Chant is a move that resorts on luck to actually make it useful, so in order to make it more useful, in addition to avoiding critical hits, it encourages critical hits from your attackers, so that means that the users become luckier in battle.

Tailwind has a really short duration, so I think the move benefits from the increase of its duration, from 3 turns to 5 turns, like Gravity and Trick Room.

Splash = 120 damage if pokemon is at level 100.

Nahhhhhh.

So, as I was saying about more than 100% accuracy, I had created a more powerful version of Surf once called "Tsunami" that had 125% accuracy.

Perhaps Surf should also change this, as those waves are pretty freaking huge.

Nahhhhhh.

So, as I was saying about more than 100% accuracy, I had created a more powerful version of Surf once called "Tsunami" that had 125% accuracy.

Perhaps Surf should also change this, as those waves are pretty freaking huge.

Why the hell would you want to change one of the best offensive moves in the game to make it even better when there are so many other moves that could use an update/buff out there (Solarbeam, Focus Blast, Hypnosis/Grasswhistle, Elemental Fangs, etc)?

Last edited:
HYPER BEAM BASE DAMAGE TO OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

*Sing's accuracy should be the same as Sleep Powder(which I forgot)

*Defence Curl should raise both defences by one level.

Why the hell would you want to change one of the best offensive moves in the game to make it even better when there are so many other moves that could use an update/buff out there (Solarbeam, Focus Blast, Hypnosis/Grasswhistle, Elemental Fangs, etc)?

Because I never use those moves. But now that you tell me about them, I'll see what I can do.

For that matter, make Sing/Hypnosis/Grasswhistle more than 55%-60% accurate, maybe to about 70% or 75%. That would definitely be a plus.

If that were to be done, the base power would have to be raised to 165. I suggested this once already.

Well, it's just that I think a move this powerful should have some major drawbacks.

Well, it's just that I think a move this powerful should have some major drawbacks.

It does. It leaves you completely useless for a turn. You can't even switch out or use items. In this turn that you're completely useless, the opponent can: Attack you with a super effective move, switch out to an advantageous type matchup (thus gaining the momentum), set up Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Reflect or other similar moves, heal the damage done by your attack, inflict a status condition on you, etc...

You seem to be underestimating the value of offensive pressure here. If you constantly keep your opponent on the defensive, they won't have a chance to fight back, but if they get some breathing space, they can then retaliate and hit you back twice as hard. The recharge turn could very easily turn the tables of the battle and a win into a loss. That's why moves such as this are seldom used in competitive play. Their drawback is just too big of a liability for their power.

An Electric priority move would obviously be called Usainbolt.

This is awesome. :p

Just so my post isn't spam I'd like to see Spark increase in damage to around 80/85 or so. (That's if there isn't a better physical Electric move next Gen. And don't say Volt Tackle, cos we all know that's limited to Pikachu's line, think about poor Luxray. :p)

Close Combat: Lowers the user Def, SpDef, and Speed one level.
Superpower: Lowers the user Att, Def, and Speed one level.

These moves are over powerful, and 100% accuraccy kills.

Close Combat: Lowers the user Def, SpDef, and Speed one level.
Superpower: Lowers the user Att, Def, and Speed one level.

These moves are over powerful, and 100% accuraccy kills.

Close Combat is understandable, but Superpower is not. The Attack drop is one of the drawbacks of the move that makes it balanced, so you cannot just spam this move, since each use of the move makes it weaker without the help of items.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom