• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Is Canada the only place with no heart? XD LOL
I wanna see my Pokeshipping.

I've heard some countries have stopped Pokémon after Kanto, because it was "too violent" O__O Imagine you never could've seen the most Pokeshipp-ish season "Orange Islands"??? OMFG!!

OTL *dead*

[s]Shinji Hirako[/s];2100876 said:
Man, how many people are changing their avatars to BW Ash? XD

I would, but then I'd be like everyone else and I'd rather have my own style.

@ most everyone else: I'm actually okay with most anything they do at this point, but the one thing I demand is a story, don't want to relive kanto or old themes, don't want them dragging it on or on, just a nice story. I can live with the new art style if they do something good with the story, especially if they use old characters to do it from time to time but it's not as important for me at this point.

Then again, I'm one of those people who doesn't ship for fun but because they honestly saw the potential for something there(like I only take maybe four or five of the strongest hints and take them into consideration). It's all about the story to me more than anything! What can I say the aging maturity common sense has overridden my hormones and my perspective is different now. :p

*waits for the flying tomatoes and shoes*

(Just for the sake of having a different opinion :p)

Is Canada the only place with no heart? XD LOL
I wanna see my Pokeshipping.

I can safely say not all Canadians feel that way...

Wow, I just watched the two episodes about Togepi, with Misty’s return and whoah…that was lame :/
I mean, really, are all of the episode of this level ? It was nice having some Misty, but really, where has gone Ash’s personnality ? I fear watching more of Advance now, so far, the episode I’ve watched were really…for kids. No offense to Advance fans, but really, that was a real kid show :/
When I compare to the episode of Kanto I just saw yesterday…

Is the AdvanceGen really of this level ? It’s Johto but worse actually, and Misty didn’t change it. It only made me realize I am glad she doesn’t have to be a part of such a comedy :/ I like my Misty being the real Misty, not some shadow of her former self (even if in those two episodes, she definitely had some of her hot temper back.)

And really, what a lame excuse to keep Togetic away…I’m disappointed, really :/

About Best Wishes, while I wanted to watch it (and come back into the pokemon animeverse with that) I fear the episode might be like those I saw of Advance so far :/ I’d rather keep good memories of Pokemon. But well, since it seems they are being inspirer by Kanto, maybe the storyline will be better. I guess I’ll give it a try, despite Ash’s sparkly eyes :eek:

Ahhh, I’m disappointed, it’s exactly like I thought it would be when I gave up on the serie :/

Wow, I just watched the two episodes about Togepi, with Misty’s return and whoah…that was lame :/
I mean, really, are all of the episode of this level ? It was nice having some Misty, but really, where has gone Ash’s personnality ? I fear watching more of Advance now, so far, the episode I’ve watched were really…for kids. No offense to Advance fans, but really, that was a real kid show :/
When I compare to the episode of Kanto I just saw yesterday…

Is the AdvanceGen really of this level ? It’s Johto but worse actually, and Misty didn’t change it. It only made me realize I am glad she doesn’t have to be a part of such a comedy :/ I like my Misty being the real Misty, not some shadow of her former self (even if in those two episodes, she definitely had some of her hot temper back.)

And really, what a lame excuse to keep Togetic away…I’m disappointed, really :/

About Best Wishes, while I wanted to watch it (and come back into the pokemon animeverse with that) I fear the episode might be like those I saw of Advance so far :/ I’d rather keep good memories of Pokemon. But well, since it seems they are being inspirer by Kanto, maybe the storyline will be better. I guess I’ll give it a try, despite Ash’s sparkly eyes :eek:

Ahhh, I’m disappointed, it’s exactly like I thought it would be when I gave up on the serie :/

Well I agree with this I watched some episodes in the "battle fountier" arc the other day and it was painful, then last week of something from the most recent english episode that popped onto youtube. They aren't as bad as the Advanced episodes I watched by far, they were still toned down for kids but it was better overall. It's hard for anything to get as bad as what I've seen in the Advanced series, it's no wonder the anime lost popularity... it's not incredibly story-wise, but the quality of everything sank quite a bit in those days it seems.

Mind you, I'd need to watch a bit more of each to say where I stand, have to give them a chance as best as I'm able.

Well I agree with this I watched some episodes in the "battle fountier" arc the other day and it was painful, then last week of something from the most recent english episode that popped onto youtube. They aren't as bad as the Advanced episodes I watched by far, they were still toned down for kids but it was better overall. It's hard for anything to get as bad as what I've seen in the Advanced series, it's no wonder the anime lost popularity... it's not incredibly story-wise, but the quality of everything sank quite a bit in those days it seems.

Mind you, I'd need to watch a bit more of each to say where I stand, have to give them a chance as best as I'm able.

Well, I saw in some places people saying the writers had gotten better with years, so I wanted to give Advance a try. They have gotten better at writing for 5 years old, sure :/
A nice girl just told me the DP episodes were different of the Advance one, I wanted to give it a try and I think I will. Did you see one of those ? Since they are the recent ones...

Man, I really hope they'll change their writing team for Best wishes. Or their way to write, it was realli painful to watch :/
I can't bring myself hoping for Misty's come back when I see this. Misty coming back ? For what ? Being with Ash who lost his temper and most of his awesome personnality ? Being there to be his cheerleader ? Naaah. More hosos with her would be great though.

Maybe they'll get better. You never know, I'm hoping BW will be fun! I want Misty and her epic personality back, I was very disappointed with the Advance appearance too.......Both of them were pretty lame.

Well, I saw in some places people saying the writers had gotten better with years, so I wanted to give Advance a try. They have gotten better at writing for 5 years old, sure :/
A nice girl just told me the DP episodes were different of the Advance one, I wanted to give it a try and I think I will. Did you see one of those ? Since they are the recent ones...

Man, I really hope they'll change their writing team for Best wishes. Or their way to write, it was realli painful to watch :/
I can't bring myself hoping for Misty's come back when I see this. Misty coming back ? For what ? Being with Ash who lost his temper and most of his awesome personnality ? Being there to be his cheerleader ? Naaah. More hosos with her would be great though.

Yeah, have to agree with you there, it's toned down quite a bit no matter how you look at it. It was one of the more recent DP I saw I believe, apparently the rival trainer is somewhat abusive to his pokemon, they have some personality again, you get the idea. I'm trying to hold my opinions until I see more.
Yeah, see the ones I watched from Advanced had all the starters come back and battle, it was horrible, everything in those episodes was lousy, hence why I'm focused more on them making a good story from now on. I think they are better off not appearing unless it's certain they won't be nostalgia-fodder.
(I shall coin the term nostalgia-fodder for any show that attempts to use purely the old nostalgia of the series for the sake of making episodes!)
Can't say I've seen a good story yet, but what I did watch was better than what I saw in Advanced.
Those were dark days indeed.
I've also watched some movies from that era, the movies still seem to have darker/richer themes to a point.
I will caution you: still not the animy goodness of the orginal series but it's at least on par with Johto so far, hope I see enough of it to bring it out of the rut I see it as now.

My hope is that the fair amount of design changes we've seen thus far for the new series are indicative of them taking the series more seriously again. Hopefully this applies to the story as well.

I would, but then I'd be like everyone else and I'd rather have my own style.

HEY- not my fault he's cute! Besides, I couldn't keep that weedle as my avatar forever... ;)

Believe it, guys. Misty won't appear ever anymore in the show. She's past. Also May is. Now Dawn gets some guest roles, that's it. And to be honest, I'm kind of HAPPY Misty won't shown anymore there, because they not only changed the characters, now they change the original pokémon style. This is - ARGH. I can't tell how much that hurts an old fan's heart.

I know what you mean, in a way the current Pokemon feels like a completely different show than the original seasons. I wouldn't want Misty to be 'toned down' to fit in with the rest of the characters either. Despite all this, I refuse to believe the writers have ever TRULY forgotten about Misty and Ash's other friends. AG, DP, and BW are just attempts to keep the show fresh and interesting by introducing new characters and places. When the show ends for real I'm sure that the writers will do their best to give good endings to their original main characters. And if not, then we can start complaining for real xD

As for now, I'll always miss the original seasons, but I can still hope that the new seasons will show more promise than their predecessors.

And in the US they are showing Johto episodes on Boomerang... I'm pretty sure they're getting close to GCYL which is going to stink xD

Sorry guys, I disagree with a few things DX. First off, I think the show is still great. I mean, shipping-wise it's pretty terrible, but disregarding that, pretty much every saga is about equal (Although OS will always be my fav ^^) And one other thing: while it's likely that Misty will never show up again, I'll never lose hope :D

It would be cool if we get to see Misty again at the end of DP, then possibly a Misty-Ash interaction. Seeing as they might age Ash it would be cool to see an older Misty.

She will want to smooch him and love him and will put her hair down to impress him.

Misty is sooo..Beautiful when her hair put down,She's more attrative,maybe that really would attracts Ash,

don't get me wrong, but THESE EYES! How can someone like THAT?

I really hated the fact that his eye color changed,I still like the black eye-color thing,

Let's lighten the mood

MistyFun-27544243940-iaza.gif

If that doesn't get Ash's attention, I don't know what will.

Back
Top Bottom