• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preordering the Japan games

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do economy air bubble's take and can you change the way you ship it?
Sorry for all the questions^_^

The air bubble takes quite awhile to get delivered to your house I used that shipping when I imported Soul Silver. It went to Order Shipped Sept 14th but I didn't get my game until October 5th I'm pretty sure you can change the way you ship it though.

Economy air bubble takes quite awhile. I think I preordered a Japanese Pokemon Diamond the same month the game came out. I got it around Halloween time... :O (I could be wayyyyyy off! I'm just trying to help. But maybe I'm not...)

This time I used the FedEx thingy. So it should come quicker.

This will be a pain if im not here to get the package, i really dont want to inconvenience anybody, i cant just make somebody drive somewhere to get it if im not here and they do take it back, the problem is, no body will probabaly be at the house to pay the charge unless i get really lucky and im not working that day. is there a way you can find out when you will get it all this stuff is making me kind of anxious. I guess i could try to talk to my mom about it or something just in case

Anyone think the high numbers of pre-orders will make the games take longer to arrive? Or will they still get here just as fast? I hope it arrives as close to the 18th as possible, or else I won't be able to stop myself from looking at spoilers.

Anyone think the high numbers of pre-orders will make the games take longer to arrive? Or will they still get here just as fast? I hope it arrives as close to the 18th as possible, or else I won't be able to stop myself from looking at spoilers.

dont they start shipping the games prior to the initial release (3 days roughly)? I haven't preordered any japan titles before, but I have a fan visiting Japan in October and she's gonna get the game there.

Last edited:
Ok wait, I will have to pay more money after I already paid almost 80 bucks?! Or is this only for people that used fedex, ups, etc.? I picked the standard bubble economy shipping to cut back on costs xD.

Last edited:
I was just about to order, then I read about this 'customs' thing. What? When I got HG and SS from Play-asia, I didn't have to pay shit to the guy who dropped it off at my door. Can someone explain this?

Also, with the massive amount of pre-orders at the moment, is it still worth it to order now?

Wow... I'm really surprised there are so many people that order stuff from overseas without being aware that they probably have to pay customs when they receive their package. I thought that was common sense.

You'll learn many people in the fandom get the games from overseas simply to get it early. This will of course lead to issues. Violet City Pokemart anyone? Huh?

But yeah, I am surprised so many didn't realize that customs would be involved. It's not cheap shipping overseas.

You can often escape customs if you just have it sent via regular Hong Kong Post airmail. Also, on stuff directly from Japan, customs has never once hit me up for cash on an EMS package. And only ever once on any package from Japan in general, for that matter.

Canadian Customs is indecisive.

That's it, I'm moving to Canada. Which is akin to moving next door.

It's so odd how there are conflicting stories here about costs.

That's it, I'm moving to Canada. Which is akin to moving next door.

It's so odd how there are conflicting stories here about costs.

It all depends how it's sent, I think. You're usually screwed if you use FedEx or UPS. National mail services give you the best chance of getting away with paying the least, though. Not only because the initial shipping cost for them is cheaper, but the mere fact that so many packages are coming through all the time, customs can never get them all. But couriers like UPS and FedEx, as private companies (real nasty ones, too) need brokerage agents to clear all their stuff through customs on shipments that cross international borders. Not only do you get charged customs duties, but usually some exorbitant fee for the brokerage agents' "services", as well.

Also, Japan Post is (in my experience) the best mail service; period. Tracking numbers for packages sent via Japan Post often show up on Canada Post's tracking site as soon as half an hour after appearing on Japan's tracking site. It's remarkable.

Wow... I'm really surprised there are so many people that order stuff from overseas without being aware that they probably have to pay customs when they receive their package. I thought that was common sense.

See, this is what I don't understand. I have NEVER had to pay any kind of customs for any of my Play-Asia purchases.

I ordered with Fedex, so how much do you think the fee will come to? Are we talkin' like 20$, or will it be more?

I ordered with Fedex, so how much do you think the fee will come to? Are we talkin' like 20$, or will it be more?

Probably more. When I compared UPS and Fed Ex, they seemed the most evil.

Also, it may dependon state or county. I have always had a customs charge from play-asia, but my friend in the next county never has.

Biggest problem with researching customs is the contradictions you'll find.

Hmmm very interesting, I am going to agree with whoever had said fed-ex and ups are the main cutoms chargers. I ordered with just the normal air-bubble so I should be ok. I'm paying this much for a game for two reasons one I want the game because it looks like fun, and because I'm learning Japanese and this will be a great way to get some more vocab

See, this is what I don't understand. I have NEVER had to pay any kind of customs for any of my Play-Asia purchases.

Same here. And I used FedEx, as for the first time when I got Diamond (I don't remember what I used)...But I never paid customs, not once.

You guys are just extremely lucky, then.

Maybe, but I've ordered things from overseas countless times, with many different shipping methods, and not once have I paid customs.

Maybe you only have to pay it if your package gets held or something?

Even when ordering with their standard mail, I have ended up receiving customs charges of around £8, which is apparently a standard fee the UK Customs put on. However, I was recently charged about £10 for something that was only £2 over the customs threshold. The problem is, despite all my research, there is nothing but contradictions, which leads me to believe that these charges, at least in the UK, are entirely random. I've received charges for items costing £20 (incl. postage), £60...but when I used a different website (yesasia) I never received a charge, despite the costs going over the standard gift threshold (£18 for normal, £35 for gift).

I don't know about the United States, but in the United Kingdom, customs is evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom