• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW001: To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow! & BW002 Iris and Kibago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd even say Ash is also the anime version of Ethan, since this one wasn't introduced in the DP/HGSS era while Lyra did.
But Ethan already is in the anime as Jimmy has the character's actual design and the starter. I was even surprised they changed Gold's name for Ethan, and not Kenta/Jimmy, as it was already an established "real name".
And, if I'm not mistaken, Jimmy is seen with his Donphan at the start of one Sinnoh movie too, so he actually appears in DP saga.
------------------------------

I wonder what characters will we see in Pallet.

Seriously. Haven't we learned our lessons yet about expecting any sort of real plot with the Rocket-Dan?

It'll be cool if it happens, don't get me wrong. But I'm taking an "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.

Except isn't this the first time that Team Rocket have been "showcased" like this?

They may do the same thing they always do (Team Rocket Trio), but Giovanni has never been shown like this.

Not even in Kanto or Johto were Team Rocket showcased like this (as far as I know).

Now I'd like to see White/Cheren/Bel in the anime.
Yeah. Ash getting a female rival would be nice. Hell it could just be a friendly rivalry like he had with Barry.

The only female rival I want Ash to have is female protagonist of Black and White. Everyone else (Bel and Cheren) can just not appear if their appearance means female B/W protagonist can't be Ash's rival.

And I would want her to have a full battle with Ash in the Isshu League as well.

Oh, Bel looks and feels like Barry's long-lost sister. But it seems like Ash's new rival is this photographer guy.
BTW, now we see that Iris is NOT an anime-only character.

The only female rival I want Ash to have is female protagonist of Black and White. Everyone else (Bel and Cheren) can just not appear if their appearance means female B/W protagonist can't be Ash's rival.

I guess it's down to personal preference, but I'd rather Belle. I mean, yeah, there's the fact that she's wretchedly adorable and all, but she's a character who's more or less built to develop over time.
I suppose White would be, if you pardon the pun, a blank slate, but the way I see it, it's like the choice between Barry/DPMale protagonist. Go with the character you know'll probably be fun rather than risk it, imo.

I honestly don't think any of them will show up though, but that's just me.

On a different note, I'm quite looking forward to finding out which tracks from the game they'll end up adapting for Best Wishes. I haven't spoilt too many tracks for myself yet, but from what I have listened to has been some quality stuff. Tunes like the dive music and the rival theme would be mighty fine to hear Miyazaki'd.

I am also excited for the tunes. How they transpose the game sounds into fully orechestrated music is one of the joys in watching the anime. On that note, I need to start listening to all of the BW music right away.

I'm really scratching my head over the whole Ash age thing. What's so hard about assigning him a different number? Instead of "10" make him "11". It's quite obvious time has passed in a signficant span, not just into BW but throughout the years. If they can't commit to that, I don't see how they're going to flesh out the Rockets in some grand story.

Speaking of the Rockets, I sure hope they don't use them as the substitutions for Team Plasma. The BW anime is already seeing its fair share of subtitutes and change-overs, like no rivals, no main characters, completely new made up characters, and random choices in who shows up. It's weird of me to say that about TR, since this is the dream I've been waiting for -- having a TR that isn't constantly acting like the goofy villians and taking up so much wasted air time. But it's the desire to see more new blood from the games which has me splitting my preferences down the middle.

The Hodomoe City is one I want to hear...you know, it's the catchy Goemon-esque song.

Also, DENNIS...DENNISSS...DEEEENISSS!

Actually, I believe DENNIS is actually the theme of Gechis. Some people think the song is actually saying his name, as opposed to random chanting...I mean, DENNIS chanting.

I guess it's down to personal preference, but I'd rather Belle. I mean, yeah, there's the fact that she's wretchedly adorable and all, but she's a character who's more or less built to develop over time.
I suppose White would be, if you pardon the pun, a blank slate, but the way I see it, it's like the choice between Barry/DPMale protagonist. Go with the character you know'll probably be fun rather than risk it, imo.

I guess if you want a fun weak rival, if that's your thing then I guess.

But I want a decent formidable female rival for Ash. Female B/W protagonist fits much better than Bel in this case. I mean Barry was a great character and all but he got swept by Paul, which seems to indicate to outside of plot power if he did have a full battle with Ash, he may not have been close (OH NOEZ, who's going to win), Ash could've beaten Barry 6-4 (and no I don't care how possibly incorrect I'm using that, just know I mean Ash beat 6 of Barry's Pokemon while Barry only beat 4).

And that's what Bel comes off as. A trainer who will beat some of Ash's Pokemon but would constantly lose to him on a daily basis.

At least with female B/W protagonist, I can actually see a formidable opponent for Ash with her, and so much that I'd actually prefer she only be Ash's full battle. Not Shooti, who I dislike a lot (for being another male rival, but apparently (or so I've heard) for the Japanese, Ash is only allowed to have male rivals).

Bel is a secondary rival, and if she was introduced she likely would've ended up like Barry. For someone who wants an actual female threat rival and something that won't end up like (Ash's secondary rival loses horribly to Ash's main rival to make their battle that much more intense) I would really dislike.

Fun rivals are great and all but like with Barry they kind of end up being pointless. Unless the Isshu League is different, somehow (but we won't know until it happens, which will be quite a long time from now).

Edit: Um forgive me for not wanting to know all the details of Black and White and just the Pokemon but what are you talking about. Dennis, what?

One of the game's coolest BGM tracks, which plays during the Gechis fight but is thought to also play during the Genosect theme, has weird random Latin chanting in the middle that has been jokingly said to be saying the name "Dennis" over and over.

Not as creepy as Arceus's theme.
I don't think they'll manage to add any of Plasma's themes. They sound too chaotic for orchestrated remix.

Lol, tomorrow is the big day and nobody seems to care much about it.
They should really start the series before the game's release or a few weeks after.

Lol, tomorrow is the big day and nobody seems to care much about it.
Are you kidding me? I've been jumping up and down the whole week! :p (Just need to pray KeyHole agrees to work tomorrow...)

I'm really antsy for tomorrow too. I've been waiting for this the whole week and I'm really excited to see Ash move on to the Isshu region. If the trend of improved writing each region continues, then Best Wishes is going to be great. Hehe.

Is there a legit way to watch the show online? Like one of those TV watching programs that lets you watch channels from other countries legally?

I assume there isn't, but it's worth a shot. :/

Is there a legit way to watch the show online? Like one of those TV watching programs that lets you watch channels from other countries legally?

I assume there isn't, but it's worth a shot. :/

KeyHole TV does.

I'm really excited for tommorow. The second ep has taken my interest more then the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom