• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most inappropriately typed Pokemon

One thing I don't get among the new Pokes...

Why isn't Daikenki Water/Fighting? It has a samurai background, doesn't it? I'd have to ask the same about Futachimaru. (Mijumaru I can live with.)

That is rather disappointing to me as well since water/fighting is a wonderful typing. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

But...psychic and fire aren't opposite. Fire and water are. And Lugia learns hydro pump, I think...Idr, I always go with Ho-Oh =]Even if it doesn't learn hydro pump, it can learn it via TM. I know that much. Water just seems fitting to it.
Equal and opposite, neither side being dominant over the other. Water-Flying beats Fire-Flying any day, thus Lugia does not get Water-Flying.

hmm these are all good points and i swear you could hit koffing with earthquake in RBY. but anyway... i still think gliscor is horribly typed

hmm these are all good points and i swear you could hit koffing with earthquake in RBY. but anyway... i still think gliscor is horribly typed

You could because the ability Levitate didn't exist yet.

Palkia. It shouldn't be Water/Dragon type, it should be Physcic/Dragon type... or something like that. Perhaps even Dark/Dragon type?

Maybe Palkia's Water-type because water takes up the most space than anything else on the planet? And maybe the same goes for Dialga's steel type, because Steel, like the perception and idea of time, is man-made. It's a longshot. :p

Anyway, the only typing that I've ever disagreed with is Empoleon. I think it should've been Water/Ice.

I initially thought Piplup's full evo would be Water/Ice, due to the whole penguin thing. I was surprised (pleasantly, I should point out) to find a Water/Steel-type.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but... Bellossom.

It looks poisonous to me with the spores, why make it a pure boring grass type? And since people said Pinsir should be fighting, I disagree and think it should be steel, it'd be weaker to fire yes, but still the horns look sharp enough.

And I'm not going to say Gyarados like everyone else has, cause Claire's friggin' Kingdra was hard enough. I don't need my most hated Pokemon to be more ridiculous strong.

The same goes with Charizard. It should be a Fire-Dragon type Pokemon with the ability Levitate.

no, char is a starter and should have blaze. end o stroy.

anyway, zuzurukin...or what ever his name is. the new gen v fighting dark. whats up with that? no fighting OR dark charecteristics at all.

It's a thug. It beats people and tries cheap, underhand tactics. How is that not fighting/dark?

It's a thug. It beats people and tries cheap, underhand tactics. How is that not fighting/dark?

orly? *checks pokedex entry*

O. Rly.

Woops.

anyway then...

Empoleon could well be water ice. I mean, it wouldnt really gain any weaknesses... and it'd be stronger against grass. AND it cant learn any steel type attacks other than metal claw.

And lucario should be fighting psi.

Empoleon could well be water ice. I mean, it wouldnt really gain any weaknesses... and it'd be stronger against grass. AND it cant learn any steel type attacks other than metal claw.
It can with TMs. Besides, Water-Ice is overused. I can't see why anyone would want Water-Ice instead of Water-Steel, given Empoleon's amazing resistances and immunity to Poison.

It can with TMs. Besides, Water-Ice is overused. I can't see why anyone would want Water-Ice instead of Water-Steel, given Empoleon's amazing resistances and immunity to Poison.

Yes, but it should really be an ice type. Its a penguin, for mama luigis sake!

So? It's also a speedboat and has a trident crown. What cool things can you think of a Water-Ice type?

And it would get destroyed by everything :D

EVERYTHING.

Ice is such a horrible typing, I hope no starter gets it until it (if it) gets fixed. Seriously, it doesn't get rid of Water's weaknesses, it add to them. At least Steel gives Water a LOT of resistances and 1 immunity. And it's cooler :D

And it would get destroyed by everything :D

EVERYTHING.

Ice is such a horrible typing, I hope no starter gets it until it (if it) gets fixed. Seriously, it doesn't get rid of Water's weaknesses, it add to them. At least Steel gives Water a LOT of resistances and 1 immunity. And it's cooler :D

yes i suppose. but logic says...penguins live in ice. and i am not going to say anythhing more. *sticks fingers in ears and goes, lalalalalalalalalalala*

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom