• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most inappropriately typed Pokemon

Ishizumai and and Iwaparesu. Bug/Rock? They're CRABS! Aka, not insects or arachnids. Though they are distantly related.

^^ Humm
you can make he being any pure type, not enough?

I think the reason why gyarados and charizard was dragon type moves were very limited in generation and had gyarados and charizard were part dragon they would of been game breakers as Gyarados would fairly common and charizard was the final evolution of charmander

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned-Ursaring.

It simply doesn't match the "normal" standard to me, I would have loved to see a normal/fighting type.

There are plenty of normals that could have been mixed similar to Sawsbuck or Bibarel though.

Gligar, Gliscor, Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon, Drapion. Why didn't they make them part Bug type? I understand why Flygon's family are Ground/Dragon, but Bug/Dragon would have been better.
And since Ishizumai the crab is part Bug, why not Krabby, Kingler, Corphish or Crawdaunt?

Mawile - why steel? Shouldn't it be ghost since its based of a Japanese ghost? or a dark since it's a deceiving pokemon? It's the most ridiculously typed everrr!!!

they would of been game breakers as Gyarados would fairly common and charizard was the final evolution of charmander

You know, I agree on Gyarados but I don't on Charizard. Dragon/Fire would mean a weakness to Ground, and Fire types didn't resist Ice type moves in Red and Blue, so there's another weakness. Those type moves aren't less popular than Water (which would be a neutrality) or Electric (which would be a resistance).

Ishizumai and and Iwaparesu. Bug/Rock? They're CRABS! Aka, not insects or arachnids. Though they are distantly related.

In fact, spiders are closer to crabs than to insects.

Instead, Krabby and the rest should be part Bug.

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned-Ursaring.

It simply doesn't match the "normal" standard to me, I would have loved to see a normal/fighting type.

There are plenty of normals that could have been mixed similar to Sawsbuck or Bibarel though.

i agree with this since he can learn alot of tough moves

I agree Gyara should be a dragon. I don't get why its flying type anyway. You rarely ever see it fly... (Can it even learn fly? I'm pretty sure it couldn't in early generations at least)

Luxray and Feraligatr would be awesome as electric/dark and water/dark respectively.

Feralgaters hidden power is an electric type move in Pokemon: HeartGold and SoulSilver :party::cool:

ok here's a good one.
Glisgor.

how can something be both ground and flying. that is contradictory. does anybody have any reason how this makes sense. I'm not saying it can't have wings and fly, and be able to dig under the ground, but it seems contradictory to be considered both since they are opposites.

ok here's a good one.
Glisgor.

how can something be both ground and flying. that is contradictory. does anybody have any reason how this makes sense. I'm not saying it can't have wings and fly, and be able to dig under the ground, but it seems contradictory to be considered both since they are opposites.

Burrowing Owls You can infact be able to both burrow and fly.
Not only does the burrowing Owl do it, but many many times of insects do as well.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom