• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW012 - Yabukuron (the egg one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why I doubt that the Meguroko with sunglasses is the one Ash gets is because by BW 20, Ash should have a team of 6 and going by the toys, no one is going to be Oak'd.

And I doubt the egg will take more than 8 episodes to hatch. Also, since Ash still has the egg by BW 13 (since he's showing it to Bel), it doesn't make sense to catch sunglasses Meguroko and still keep the egg by then.

I say that maybe sunglasses Meguroko is related to the potential one Ash has in the egg. How? Idk, but it seems likely imo.

The reason why I doubt that the Meguroko with sunglasses is the one Ash gets is because by BW 20, Ash should have a team of 6 and going by the toys, no one is going to be Oak'd.

Maybe Iris or Dent get it for some reason. Egg had a similar pattern to both Yorterri (Dent) and Zuruggu (Iris) after all...

Maybe Iris or Dent get it for some reason. Egg had a similar pattern to both Yorterri (Dent) and Zuruggu (Iris) after all...

What I said in the same post:

Also, since Ash still has the egg by BW 13 (since he's showing it to Bel), it doesn't make sense to catch sunglasses Meguroko and still keep the egg by then.

If Iris or Dent would get it, it makes more sense for them to get it the same episode rather than later. I mean if Ash already has a team of 6, shouldn't he pass it on instead of taking care of it?

What I said in the same post:
If Iris or Dent would get it, it makes more sense for them to get it the same episode rather than later. I mean if Ash already has a team of 6, shouldn't he pass it on instead of taking care of it?

It's all open to speculation for now. For all we know, Satoshi could catch Meguroco in another episode, Iris or Dent could get egg before/after hatching, they could traded it with something...

It's all open to speculation for now. For all we know, Satoshi could catch Meguroco in another episode, Iris or Dent could get egg before/after hatching, they could traded it with something...

Well a legit trade can't happen. Ash is the only one giving the pokemon away. I doubt Iris or Dento will trade their pokemon for the egg.

And while it's entirely possible, you got to admit, it's a bit complicated for Ash to get the egg, give it to Iris or Dento (sometime after BW 13 and for some reason they have to make up) and catch Meguroko who we've already seen twice (and by what you said, it'd be three times if we see it again).

There's also the whole personality thing which even though people said it could be because Meguroko's not wearing sunglasses, it's just another factor to take note of. Also, Ash doesn't seem to be battling Meguroko in this episode iirc. Only Yabukuron, so I don't know if Ash has any business catching sunglasses Meguroko in the first place.

I understand a lot of things could be speculated for this episode but imo, there are things that just seem more likely to happen at the moment.

I love how Iris was the only one fast enough to jump out of the way of those kids' barrage of mud balls. Everyone else got a faceful. XD

Also, Ash doesn't seem to be battling Meguroko in this episode iirc. Only Yabukuron, so I don't know if Ash has any business catching sunglasses Meguroko in the first place.

Didn't Pikachu hit it with an attack before Yabukuron stepped in in the preview?

Didn't Pikachu hit it with an attack before Yabukuron stepped in in the preview?

Hence why I said "iirc". I wasn't too sure. But if he did and then Yabukuron stepped in, I still think it's more Yabukuron's time to shine than Ash catching it imo.

They could pull a "togepi" situation you know, where the egg is about to hatch but something happens like Iris being her snobbish self pushing him out of the way and say the lizard comes out and imprints her as mama and such.

Besides, I'd rather Ash get the one with the glasses cause then it wouldn't be bland.

Omg, people still think Ash will get the glasses Meguroko? <_<

Forget it guys! As much as you want it to happen (such as Ash beating the league and Misty returning), it never will. Besides, it's already been confirmed that he'll get an egg, so what's up with the speculation?

They could pull a "togepi" situation you know, where the egg is about to hatch but something happens like Iris being her snobbish self pushing him out of the way and say the lizard comes out and imprints her as mama and such.
I would personally hate it if that happened. If they wanted Iris to end up with it then I would rather they have Ash capture the croc here and have a seperate episode focused on Iris where she recieves the egg

Forget it guys! As much as you want it to happen (such as Ash beating the league and Misty returning), it never will. Besides, it's already been confirmed that he'll get an egg, so what's up with the speculation?

Mostly because there isn't really any reason for the glasses croc to appear all of a sudden unless Ash was getting it or if the croc that Ash gets is somehow connected to it

Because he is suddenly appeared again, after all these episodes, for some reason. That's look like a good theory to me...

Because he is suddenly appeared again, after all these episodes, for some reason. That's look like a good theory to me...
Wow, just like Jigglypuf and Snubull followed Ash and his friends. This Meguroko could possibly become a recurring character/Pokemon.

Besides, I'd rather Ash get the one with the glasses cause then it wouldn't be bland.

True. But tbh, I feel that it'd be a copout if Ash was taking care of it and then boom, it belongs to someone else. At least with Togepi it had its time with Meowth (albeit for comedic purposes), Brock?, Ash, etc. so it wasn't involved with just one trainer (as far as I can remember that is).

Not to mention, it might've been okay for that to happen in the beginning of the series. But with BW, I'd like to think that if someone in the cast got an egg and took care of it, they should be the ones to own the pokemon in the egg. And also, I personally don't see how tan = yellow for those saying that the egg could hold Zuruggu. The case for Yooterri at least makes more sense.

Idk, we'll see what happens in a couple of days. My speculation is just based off of what makes sense to me at the moment. Personally, I'd like Ash's Meguroko come from the egg. We haven't seen him take care of an egg pokemon since Phanpy (or Larvitar if you wanna count it). It'd be nice seeing him train Meguroko since hatching. It'd be great for development and there's the potential for some good training episodes to make it into as strong as his other pokemon.

Wow, just like Jigglypuf and Snubull followed Ash and his friends. This Meguroko could possibly become a recurring character/Pokemon.

But unlike Jigglypuff and Snubbull, Ash is known to capture a Meguroko at some point. It's completely fair to assume that it's possible that Ash might capture the glasses croc in this episode. If he doesn't than that basically confirms that egg will hatch into one.

But unlike Jigglypuff and Snubbull, Ash is known to capture a Meguroko at some point. It's completely fair to assume that it's possible that Ash might capture the glasses croc in this episode. If he doesn't than that basically confirms that egg will hatch into one.
Okay then, we'll see.

One thing more I have to say. In the posters (dunno where, though) we see Meguroko with Ash's pokemon. That Meguroko doesn't wear any glasses. :p

One thing more I have to say. In the posters (dunno where, though) we see Meguroko with Ash's pokemon. That Meguroko doesn't wear any glasses. :p

Squirtle debuted with glasses but we rarely saw them after he was captured. Who knows maybe the glasses get broken or lost during the episode. Also didn't Sunyshore mention a lot of Meguroko stuff coming out this month, that could mean that he is catching it here or that the egg will hatch really soon since I don't thing that they would start releasing merchandise before it hatched

True. But tbh, I feel that it'd be a copout if Ash was taking care of it and then boom, it belongs to someone else. At least with Togepi it had its time with Meowth (albeit for comedic purposes), Brock?, Ash, etc. so it wasn't involved with just one trainer (as far as I can remember that is).

You just proved my point, Brock took care of the egg more than anyone else before it hatched and it ended up going to Misty so they very well could do the same thing here.

Personally, I'd like Ash's Meguroko come from the egg. We haven't seen him take care of an egg pokemon since Phanpy (or Larvitar if you wanna count it).

And there is why i don't want him getting it from the egg, it's true that the croc in the ep 20 sketches was acting like a coward, but if I had to choose i'd rather it be due to not having shades which give the confidence boost as apposed to a Larvitar/Phanpy fusion bland baby that gets scared at the slightest thing.

Not to mention Ash catching the SG croc and the egg hatching into something else and someone else getting the contents would restore some of my faith in this series as it adds in the one factor I want to see more than anything, the suprise factor. I like suprises more than I do seeing things be (in the words of Geese Howard.)PREDICTABLE!

You just proved my point, Brock took care of the egg more than anyone else before it hatched and it ended up going to Misty so they very well could do the same thing here.
A. That was Brock, this time it's Ash and I'd like to think that if it's his egg, he should get it since he is the main focus. B. As I've said before, this is not Kanto. Sure there are some similarities in terms of how Ash has all the starters and how two gym leaders are following him, but that doesn't mean the writers have to write all the captures like it was in Kanto. I mean Ash didn't get Ishizumai even though it's a crab. And he's not getting Yabukuron even though it smells like Muk.

And there is why i don't want him getting it from the egg, it's true that the croc in the ep 20 sketches was acting like a coward, but if I had to choose i'd rather it be due to not having shades which give the confidence boost as apposed to a Larvitar/Phanpy fusion bland baby that gets scared at the slightest thing.
But wouldn't that make for more meaningful development in the future. Say that it does become a Waruvial in the future. Doesn't that make Meguroko's hatch and growth more like an accomplishment for Ash during this region?

Not to mention Ash catching the SG croc and the egg hatching into something else and someone else getting the contents would restore some of my faith in this series as it adds in the one factor I want to see more than anything, the suprise factor. I like suprises more than I do seeing things be (in the words of Geese Howard.)PREDICTABLE!
Whether or not it is SG Meguroko or egg Meguroko, the result would be the same if they were both unconfident then develop into a confident pokemon. Sure the start of both scenarios would be different but still, I personally don't think that one little detail is too significant. And I'm sure there are gonna be surprises in the future. We're only at BW 12 at this episode. If Ash getting an egg Meguroko is too predictable for you, it's not like the writers can't think of something for later episodes.

Also, the scenario of the egg going to someone else has been done before. It's not the mainstream route to captures but it has happened so I don't think it's anything too surprising since people are already thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom