• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW012 - Yabukuron (the egg one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they don't pull a Togepi on us, I hated that, why? Cuz Ash won the thing and yet Misty got it. However, if Ash just gives it to Iris I guess that's ok.

Not to mention Ash catching the SG croc and the egg hatching into something else and someone else getting the contents would restore some of my faith in this series as it adds in the one factor I want to see more than anything, the suprise factor. I like suprises more than I do seeing things be (in the words of Geese Howard.)PREDICTABLE!

Except the only reason why it's predictable is because of sketches of BW020. Had Sunyshore not posted those sketches, or they weren't available to her, and then we saw Ash getting an egg but no capture, however SG Meguroco was in the episode. How could we think that the egg contains a Meguroco, because "wouldn't he have caught the SG Meguroco if he was going to catch one"?

But wouldn't that make for more meaningful development in the future. Say that it does become a Waruvial in the future. Doesn't that make Meguroko's hatch and growth more like an accomplishment for Ash during this region?
Like I said after BW009 aired. Ash's hatched Meguroco would be a parallel to Iris's Kibago. Because Kibago was a day old when Iris got it, and she wants to train it at her pace. However as you remember Ash in that episode, saying in order to train a Pokemon you can't really "baby" the Pokemon, and let it actually battle. So Meguroco I think can be seen as a way the writers saying "Okay Ash back up those words." And if Meguroco does reach it's final stage near the time Kibago does, then I can see Waruvial vs Ononokusu to see who was right.

And ChaosBlazer, that's something that's never been done. Assuming that would the reason to give Ash Meguroco as an egg.

Whether or not it is SG Meguroko or egg Meguroko, the result would be the same if they were both unconfident then develop into a confident pokemon. Sure the start of both scenarios would be different but still, I personally don't think that one little detail is too significant. And I'm sure there are gonna be surprises in the future. We're only at BW 12 at this episode. If Ash getting an egg Meguroko is too predictable for you, it's not like the writers can't think of something for later episodes.

The one argument I can see why getting SG Meguroco is preferable to getting an egg hatched one, is that Ash's SG Meguroco would likely reach it's final form faster than Ash's Hatched Meguroco. Granted the writers probably don't care, but if Meguroco does evolve by the second movie (or even the first), it'll likely be the fastest Pokemon to evolve that hatched from an egg.

Also, the scenario of the egg going to someone else has been done before. It's not the mainstream route to captures but it has happened so I don't think it's anything too surprising since people are already thinking about it.

I dislike the idea for the fact if Dento or Iris were to get the Pokemon in the egg, they should've been the one to earn and deserve it in this episode. Misty didn't deserve Togepi, and neither do Iris/Dento with the Pokemon in the egg.

A. That was Brock, this time it's Ash and I'd like to think that if it's his egg, he should get it since he is the main focus.

Ash already had an egg, Phanpy.

But wouldn't that make for more meaningful development in the future. Say that it does become a Waruvial in the future. Doesn't that make Meguroko's hatch and growth more like an accomplishment for Ash during this region?

All I see is a Phanpy/Larvitar fusion, the only redeeming factor it would have if it comes from an egg is evolving fast or going to the lab, if it's the one in shades i can be abit more patient on it's development because it's not ripping off pokemon Ash has already delt with.

We're only at BW 12 at this episode. If Ash getting an egg Meguroko is too predictable for you, it's not like the writers can't think of something for later episodes.

12 episodes in, yet we already know Ash's roster for the majority of the region, only a rapid evo of the croc, a starter evo, the bird being released or someone getting oaked is the last chance things have to be intresting around Ash, considering he's the main focus point of the anime, predictability being at such a high point isn't a good thing no matter how much you deny it.

Also, the scenario of the egg going to someone else has been done before.

Ash's Pokabu's backstory has been done twice already with Charmander and Chimchar, so don't go there.

Except the only reason why it's predictable is because of sketches of BW020.

Subsequently followed by the toy sheet.

Had Sunyshore not posted those sketches, or they weren't available to her, and then we saw Ash getting an egg but no capture, however SG Meguroco was in the episode. How could we think that the egg contains a Meguroco, because "wouldn't he have caught the SG Meguroco if he was going to catch one"?

Dude you were the one who went and said "the bird and starters captures take precidence over wild card captures." on serebii, that would certainly explain "why now?" wouldn't it?

Also, if you deny that you said that, and i'll track the post down and prove that you did.

Like I said after BW009 aired. Ash's hatched Meguroco would be a parallel to Iris's Kibago. Because Kibago was a day old when Iris got it, and she wants to train it at her pace. However as you remember Ash in that episode, saying in order to train a Pokemon you can't really "baby" the Pokemon, and let it actually battle. So Meguroco I think can be seen as a way the writers saying "Okay Ash back up those words."

More like it would be a reason for Iris to be all up in Ash's face some more than she already is, besides we don't need two babies that don't fight walking around.

The one argument I can see why getting SG Meguroco is preferable to getting an egg hatched one, is that Ash's SG Meguroco would likely reach it's final form faster than Ash's Hatched Meguroco. Granted the writers probably don't care, but if Meguroco does evolve by the second movie (or even the first), it'll likely be the fastest Pokemon to evolve that hatched from an egg.

Someone once told me that it wouldn't make sense for Mijumaru or Pokabu to evolve before Tsutarja because it's stronger than they are, so why on earth should a baby with little combat training get to evolve before it either going by said logic? It'd be like Gliscor all over again, a pokemon that did absolutely nothing with it's evo handed to it on a silver platter and ends up being so weak it has to go to someone to be trained to actually fight!

I dislike the idea for the fact if Dento or Iris were to get the Pokemon in the egg, they should've been the one to earn and deserve it in this episode.

Given Iris's nature, I could easily see her do what Misty did should Ash catch the SG croc and the egg hatches into something else, and we may only be 12 episodes in but knowing that he has a full roster is pretty boring and dull as there is no suprise at all.

Want an example of a suprise?
Pokabu evolving first (since no one wants it to do so, especially you Ash6k since I know you favor Snivy, everyone wants Miju to go so he don't count)
Ash releasing Memepato for another bird, or somehow trading it for Jessie's Koromori.
Someone being sent to the lab for study or being released leaving Ash free to catch something intresting and something we don't know about.

Those are the kinds of suprises we need to see, not the overpredictability we're getting.

Dude you were the one who went and said "the bird and starters captures take precidence over wild card captures." on serebii, that would certainly explain "why now?" wouldn't it?
I was referring directly to this episode. If we didn't know Ash was going to get a Meguroco, and he battled SG Meguroco in THIS episode (BW012), and got an egg, and it hatched later in BW014 for example into Meguroco. Wouldn't the first reaction be "What was the point of SG's Meguroco then?"

Also, if you deny that you said that, and i'll track the post down and prove that you did.
No, you just misunderstood what I said.

besides we don't need two babies that don't fight walking around.
Ash's Phanpy, May's Eevee, Dawn's Cyndaquil, all say hi.

Someone once told me that it wouldn't make sense for Mijumaru or Pokabu to evolve before Tsutarja because it's stronger than they are.
If you think I said that, you misunderstood what I said again. Even though it would make more sense for Snivy to evolve first, it will most likely be the last starter to evolve. Oshawott and Tepig can evolve whenever they want, or rather when the writer's say. If Oshawott is Ash's main starter of this gen then it really should "technically" be evolved first, but apparently its less experienced than Shooti's Snivy (notice how I said Snivy and not Janovy) and that Pokabu Araragi might have given Bel.

But even if that's the case, remember Turtwig evolved first, so actually anyone can evolve first. Snivy because it's the most experienced. Tepig because it needs experience. And Oshawott if it's going to be the Infernape of Unova (with less hogging screen time.

so why on earth should a baby with little combat training get to evolve before it either going by said logic?
Why in the hell should we wait for over 100 episodes for a Pokemon to evolve?

Honestly, Ash is AT MOST only going to have one evolution by the first movie. Shooti has 2 evolved Pokemon and most likely will have Jalorda by the first movie. And who knows what the other 3 Pokemon Shooti has.

How is that even remotely fair to Ash? Why should he have to wait until the end of the series before having a fully evolved Pokemon (namely a starter). Outside of Charizard, which happened years ago.

It'd be like Gliscor all over again, a pokemon that did absolutely nothing with it's evo handed to it on a silver platter
Did you even watch its evolution episode?

and ends up being so weak it has to go to someone to be trained to actually fight!
Yes because the writer's crap treatment of Gliscor is actually a viable argument.

Given Iris's nature, I could easily see her do what Misty did should Ash catch the SG croc and the egg hatches into something else
And I can see Ash being bitter towards Iris for being impatient. Again I did not like the Togepi situation at all. Misty DID NOT deserve it, at all.

and we may only be 12 episodes in but knowing that he has a full roster is pretty boring and dull as there is no suprise at all.
Would Ash having a fully evolved team, surprise you?

Pokabu evolving first (since no one wants it to do so
You must've missed by posts before we found out Bel had Choabuu in which I was hoping for Tepig to evolve. And it can evolve first, I mean it has absolutely nothing right now compared to Oshawott and Snivy except a win against the weakest Sanyou Triplet.

Ash releasing Memepato for another bird, or somehow trading it for Jessie's Koromori.
I don't recall you ever being a fan of releases or trades, but I'll remember this should it actually happen involving one of the starters.

Someone being sent to the lab for study
Preferable but won't happen.

or being released
Again I'll remember this if it ends up being a starter.

leaving Ash free to catch something intresting and something we don't know about.
That honestly would only work if we didn't know all the options Ash has. If it's a sixth gen Pokemon that shows up, and Ash catches it then that's really the only thing that's going to be predictable. Because if it's a Pokemon on the list I made on Serebii in the Next Pokemon Thread, then it'll be predictable.

Those are the kinds of suprises we need to see, not the overpredictability we're getting.
Unfortunately nothing would be unpredictable in terms of captures. (For Ash)

Ash already had an egg, Phanpy.
Still, in this current situation, if they gave the egg to Ash in the first place, I'd like it if the writers just stick with Ash. And since it seems like Ash is keeping the egg for now, there's no reason he'd keep it if he caught the SG Meguroko so it seems easier to just keep it with Ash and let it be a Meguroko.

All I see is a Phanpy/Larvitar fusion, the only redeeming factor it would have if it comes from an egg is evolving fast or going to the lab, if it's the one in shades i can be abit more patient on it's development because it's not ripping off pokemon Ash has already delt with.
Well Ash never kept Larvitar and let it evolve. And Phanpy was Oak'd before it evolved so Ash never really had a time with an egg pokemon to develop it all the way without interruption. Like Dman said, it'd be nice if Ash shows how to train a baby pokemon. So if that happens, its capture shouldn't be that bad if it isn't SG Meguroko. And hey, I think I've said it before that I think somewhere halfway we might see a switch in Ash's team in terms of the wildcard so it shouldn't be that much of a problem for you shouldn't it? I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it at Serebii before in one of the threads and how the next wildcard could be so and so.

12 episodes in, yet we already know Ash's roster for the majority of the region, only a rapid evo of the croc, a starter evo, the bird being released or someone getting oaked is the last chance things have to be intresting around Ash, considering he's the main focus point of the anime, predictability being at such a high point isn't a good thing no matter how much you deny it.
There's always TR, Iris, Dento, Ash's pokemon's character development and how they evolve/learn new attacks, Ash's battles, etc. that could prove unpredictable. It isn't all about teams.

Ash's Pokabu's backstory has been done twice already with Charmander and Chimchar, so don't go there.
True but that wasn't something like Ash permanently gives a pokemon to someone else after taking care of it. Besides, Tepig's backstory hasn't really been mention and it wanting to prove itself in battles doesn't really require that backstory. It's just there, it doesn't have any lasting effects like giving Iris or Dento the egg. Now if it was like Chimchar's story where it has to be the star of the region, I'd say rehash but it's not so it isn't a problem unlike the whole egg thing.

Want an example of a suprise?
Pokabu evolving first (since no one wants it to do so, especially you Ash6k since I know you favor Snivy, everyone wants Miju to go so he don't count)
Actually, if you read some posts I had at Serebii, I definitely didn't count a Pokabu evo out and if you saw recent posts, I don't mind at all if it evolves into Chaobuu. As shown here (referring to Bel's Chaobuu):
But the manga scans definitely portray it as a pretty beastly battler still able to charge and tackle so now I really wouldn't mind if Ash's Pokabu evolves to Chaobuu.
I always said that if one pokemon remains unevolved, it'd be Tepig because of battling style but if Chaobuu can do what I'd like Tepig to do...then go ahead and evolve it. Now personally, all the way to Emboar is not my option only because I'd like to see a serpent on Ash's team but that's getting off topic and a different point altogether. Bottom line though, Tepig evolving (at least once) isn't something I'm against.

Someone being sent to the lab for study or being released leaving Ash free to catch something intresting and something we don't know about.
I think I've mentioned this in other threads so don't worry about that part of surprise (although being released would suck...well Ambipom release that is. Gliscor-like release is okay if it can come back). Btw, it should be the wildcard if this were the case.

I think we should just wait until after awhile. It seems like a common trend that people would say one thing and be proven wrong or something will change down the road. We just have to wait before we can say that things are being overpredictable and stuff.

If you look at it, the way Ash could possibly get Meguroko isn't predictable. Who the pokemon is, is predictable. The way Ash got it would be unpredictable. No one thought of seeing an egg in Ash's possession before it was revealed. No one. No one in the BW 20 threads were like, yup it hatched out of an egg. People actually thought catching SG Meguroko would be what Ash would do. Since BW 3 people were like, hey maybe it'll come back, maybe Ash'll catch it.

So assuming this episode results in Ash getting the egg with no capture of SG Meguroko, then I'd say hopefully it's Ash's own Meguroko only for reasons I've stated above and elsewhere.

Wouldn't the first reaction be "What was the point of SG's Meguroco then?"

Are we so sure Ash is having Megurocco on its roster? All we know is that a Megurocco shows up again in BW020. Maybe SG Megurocco is the new Jigglypuff (please no!), Spoink or Hippopotas. Maybe the duck just stole or knocked off his glasses or something.

Ash's Phanpy, May's Eevee, Dawn's Cyndaquil, all say hi.

A- Unlike Kibago, all of those battled.
B- Chaosblazer was referring to Iris' Kibago. He meant that there wouldn't be any need to have two pokémon with very similar storylines as being babies with no fighting experience who are somewhat scared of battles. I'm ambivalent on that.

How is that even remotely fair to Ash? Why should he have to wait until the end of the series before having a fully evolved Pokemon (namely a starter). Outside of Charizard, which happened years ago.

Because after it's fully evolved there's nowhere really to go. The writers made Charizard disobedient to keep it interesting, Infernape still had to beat Paul, so unless there's a strong plot, there's no point in giving a fully evolved starter that's already gonna be powerful, that takes away from the compellingness of a pokémon.

Did you even watch its evolution episode?

I'm tempted to agree with Chaosblazer here. Gligar had no wins, nothing. No real training to get better at flying nothing. They just made it evolved without making it strong as a gligar beforehand, so it had that cheap copout feeling.

Unfortunately nothing would be unpredictable in terms of captures.

That's not exactly true. There's a lot of pokémon that I wouldn't see Ash having but that I'd like him to have like Kirikizan or Goruggu for exemple.

Also, whoever said Mamepato needs to be released has my full support!

Are we so sure Ash is having Megurocco on its roster? All we know is that a Megurocco shows up again in BW020. Maybe SG Megurocco is the new Jigglypuff (please no!), Spoink or Hippopotas. Maybe the duck just stole or knocked off his glasses or something.
Yes because instead of using his egg Pokemon in BW020, he decides to only use Oshawott and Pikachu and a random clingly Meguroco just magically appears.

I guess the egg is Zuruggu since that's the only technically new thing in the sketches of BW020. And the egg is obviously hatched by that episode since apparently if not, everyone is forgetting it.

Damn you Iris you don't deserve the lizard.

A- Unlike Kibago, all of those battled.
Hey you missed my point.

B- Chaosblazer was referring to Iris' Kibago. He meant that there wouldn't be any need to have two pokémon with very similar storylines as being babies with no fighting experience who are somewhat scared of battles. I'm ambivalent on that.
Did ANYONE read what I said AT ALL.

Kibago can't battle because Iris does not train it. Ash getting a "hatched Meguroco" would be his chance to prove to Iris that inexperienced Pokemon must be trained properly. Ash would already be proving Iris wrong if Meguroco was battle ready like PHANPY, EEVEE, and CYNDAQUIL!!!!!!!!!!

Because after it's fully evolved there's nowhere really to go.
That argument doesn't work for the simple fact that Bulbasaur was with Ash for 100s of episodes and didn't evolve. The last character development episode it received was in the episode it learned solar beam which was more than a decade ago. Yeah at this point Bulbasaur has nowhere to go, since it refused to evolve. So again your argument doesn't work.

So really what difference would it make for a temporary on the team to be fully evolved by the second movie, when there's at most going to be 100 episodes after it's evolution then if it were to remain the same Pokemon for even longer, going by your logic?

so unless there's a strong plot, there's no point in giving a fully evolved starter that's already gonna be powerful, that takes away from the compellingness of a pokémon.
I'm honestly not understanding you. Hey if you love unevolved Pokemon that's great, but unevolved Pokemon aren't all that great as you seem to be implying here.

I'm tempted to agree with Chaosblazer here. Gligar had no wins, nothing. No real training to get better at flying nothing. They just made it evolved without making it strong as a gligar beforehand, so it had that cheap copout feeling.
Well if you really are Gible, then of course you'd agree with Chaosblazer, since you know you hate Gliscor.

My point was Gligar got over its fear in its evolution episode, so it deserved to evolve. Besides what purpose would it serve to have Gligar a second gen remain on Ash's team. Especially if the writers were going to "release" it the way they did. The more episodes with Gliscor would've been preferable. Besides it gave Ash a second evolved Pokemon. Like I said we don't need to wait a million episodes for someone two evolve.

That's not exactly true. There's a lot of pokémon that I wouldn't see Ash having but that I'd like him to have like Kirikizan or Goruggu for exemple.
Both Gobitto and Komatana are on my list. Predictable.

Also, whoever said Mamepato needs to be released has my full support!
Yes let's get rid of Ash's first real special bird for another physical bird like Wargle (that would be real original). I mean how long did it take Noctowl to learn confusion. And did it even use the move at all after beating Morty? And its Sinnoh League moves don't count. As it was only one episode. But I'll agree that Noctowl can be used as a special bird.

And let me ask you, does Noctowl's Sky Attack really count? It only ever used it one in the only episode it ever used it. If "Kenhorou" were to get Sky Attack, how would it be copying Noctowl?

Last edited:
Yes because instead of using his egg Pokemon in BW020, he decides to only use Oshawott and Pikachu and a random clingly Meguroco just magically appears.

Did we see him come out of a pokéball? It's probably Ash's but there's a possibility it's a recurring pokémon that's not owned by anybody on the main cast, much like Jigglypuff, Snubbull, Spoink and Hippopotas, most of them were clingy and whiny too.

What's the point of him of him battling a previously introduced Megurocco only to get an egg in the same episode. If the egg is Zuruggu then Ash catches Megurocco, which is meh cause we'd know he wouldn't keep it. If the egg is a baby Megurocco then the roaming croc is pointless, which is meh because we'd have two babies that don't do jack.

I'd rather have megurocco stay only a wild pokémon and have Ash/Iris get a Zuruggu, only to have the one who didn't get it, get a much more interesting pokémon than megurocco later.

Damn you Iris you don't deserve the lizard.

Let's just see how the episodes turn out

Kibago can't battle because Iris does not train it. Ash getting a "hatched Meguroco" would be his chance to prove to Iris that inexperienced Pokemon must be trained properly.

Ash taking Iris by the hand instead of her figuring things out on her own would make her even less purposeful...

I'm honestly not understanding you. Hey if you love unevolved Pokemon that's great, but unevolved Pokemon aren't all that great as you seem to be implying here.

Evolved/Unevolved doesn't matter to me as long as they are compelling. A team of fully evolved pokémon under a 100 episodes that destroys gym leaders is not compelling. There has to be some sort of excitement, you have to think that Ash can still lose.

Both Gobitto and Komatana are on my list. Predictable.

A- You pretty much said every gen V pokémon was on your list
B- How is that predictable since Ash usually get pokémon that are animals and both of those are more humanoids, both are types Ash hasn't gotten before, etc.

Yes let's get rid of Ash's first real special bird for another physical bird like Wargle (that would be real original).

Or no bird at all... that would be real original.

And its Sinnoh League moves don't count. As it was only one episode.

It was more than one episode. Noctowl always had psychic moves Hypnosis, then confusion, then extrasensory. The moves are getting better, but the principle is the same. And if Mamepato fully evolves and gets Sky Attack and Air Slash, it'll get the same moveset as Noctowl, minus the quirky personality (minus any personality at all really) and minus the distinctive battle style.

Ground Types and Ash/Satoshi

Phanpy came from a egg.
Larvatar was a baby stolen from it's mother.
Gible can't use Meteoric Swarm/Draco Meteor and acts pretty plain with those big baby eyes.
Gliscor was childish till it's evolution and even then it acted like a kid.
Meguroco a baby from a egg which, seems to be going through scared times.

Hope it's handled better.

Nice to see Iris bein' a wild child and Dento bein' a gym leader easily evaded the kid's mud throw attack. But, Satoshi/Ash took the hit and it looked critical. He looks like he aint enjoyin Yabakuron's stink.

Last edited:
Ground Types and Ash/Satoshi

Phanpy came from a egg.
Larvatar was a baby stolen from it's mother.
Gible can't use Meteoric Swarm/Draco Meteor and acts pretty plain with those big baby eyes.
Gliscor was childish till it's evolution and even then it acted like a kid.
Meguroco a baby from a egg which, seems to be going through scared times.

Hope it's handled better.

Nice to see Iris bein' a wild child and Dento bein' a gym leader easily evaded the kid's mud throw attack. But, Satoshi took the hit and it looked critical. He looks like he aint enjoyin Yabakuron's stink.

Dent didn't dodge....he was the first to get hit in that scene

Dent didn't dodge....he was the first to get hit in that scene

I just noticed. Iris has got good reflexes guess Dento's to much of a pretty boy. So, the girl is the one with the best reflexes that's a first May/Haruka, Dawn/Hikari, and Misty/Kasumi seemed pretty bad at that sorta thing.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure there was a toy thing shown somewhere that had Ash's current team marked 1-6 and Meguroko was number 6 so I think it's likely
This was already mentioned by sunyshore but there is a picture now of the new Keshipoke^_^
Ensky+Pokemon+Keshipoke+BW+1.jpg
What I want to know more than anything is why Yabukuron is battling it. Did Meguroko do something that made it seem like a threat?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there was a toy thing shown somewhere that had Ash's current team marked 1-6 and Meguroko was number 6 so I think it's likely
What I want to know more than anything is why Yabukuron is battling it. Did Meguroko do something that made it seem like a threat?

I dunno, but at the end of preview there's a earthquake and a door falling upon a boy... maybe it was meguroco's fault or yabukuron and pikachu thought it was.

And about the egg, I guess it's a Zuruggu's... I may be wrong, but to me the pattern only matches Zuruggu's colors. ;x

And about the egg, I guess it's a Zuruggu's... I may be wrong, but to me the pattern only matches Zuruggu's colors. ;x

Zuruggu is yellow, the egg isn't even close to yellow at all in coloring.

It's showtime!

Per the Announcement at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

If you want to talk about the episode as it's airing, please head over to the IRC Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom