• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How come Dento and Iris have such a good interaction between each other?

What is better?

• Brock and Dawn

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Dento and Iris

Votes: 49 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemon_master2

The 2nd pokemon master
Reaction score
I've watched pokemon Best Wishes, and it seems as if the writers created here a great combination between these two main characters, which I don't remember in previous generations. For example when Ash is alone, both Dento and Iris have very good interaction, I personally really like it.

You too? What do you think?

Last edited:
Re: How come Dento and Iris have such a good relationship between each other?

They learned from their mistakes with Dawn and Brock, and decided to make characters who actually have chemistry together.

This is why the BW trio already feels like a much more lively group than the DP trio ever did.

What about the other past groups like Misty/Brock, May/Brock and Max/Brock? Don't they get mentions?

I never understood having Brock in the group in DP where he was barely involved. Really, why have him there if you're not exploiting his character more? I'm unsure if the same can be said if he remains in the group in BW. If he appears for a bit in Unova, they better make up heavily from his treatment in DP. I'm sure the upcoming special will treat him just fine. It is his show.

Dento and Iris are already friends at this point and makes me appreciate the 2 since directly from that Kibago training episode.

Whaaat? "good relationship"? "good interactions"?
Either I forgot stuff or I'm totally blind, but I don't remember Iris and Dento having anything like that...
The only real thing they did together that I remember is their very short training battle of Kibago VS Yanapu... which really isn't much of a "relationship" or "interaction"

What about the other past groups like Misty/Brock, May/Brock and Max/Brock? Don't they get mentions?

I never understood having Brock in the group in DP where he was barely involved. Really, why have him there if you're not exploiting his character more? I'm unsure if the same can be said if he remains in the group in BW. If he appears for a bit in Unova, they better make up heavily from his treatment in DP. I'm sure the upcoming special will treat him just fine. It is his show.

Dento and Iris are already friends at this point and makes me appreciate the 2 since directly from that Kibago training episode.

Well Brock and Dawn's relationship hardly had any interaction, I do agree with Scott in saying they didn't feel like friends at all. That's why I guess people are trying to see if there doing a better job with this trio. I have to say I like Iris/Dento's interaction way better, hopefully they are learning from there mistakes. That's what keeps making Pokemon better, they keep learning each series, if Bel really is Ash's first female rival well.

edit;

Pipulp, even if they have had very little interaction, still seems like a whole lot compared to Brock/Dawn LOL.

Because they are shipped by the writers

If she is the gym leader, wouldn't she have met Dento and thus know him better?

Because Iris n Dento are opposites. She's a jungle girl wild child and he's a pretty boy clean cut celebrity n opposites attract. They both have good attitudes I make friends with different people all the time if your a cool person with a nice attitude it's easy to get along. Iris loved Dento's pataote salad sandwich and Iris made medicine for his injured Yanappu.

Pipulp, even if they have had very little interaction, still seems like a whole lot compared to Brock/Dawn LOL.

Eh... no, Dawn/Brock had much more interactions than Iris/Dento had so far...
Also, as I said countless times, the DP trio was really good in my opinion... Ash and Dawn are both young and competitive, while Brock is older and mature... it made sense most of the focus would be on Ash/Dawn while Brock played the big brother figure for them
I saw nothing wrong with that... and so far I prefer the DP group over the BW group...
I just don't get how anyone can say Iris/Dento have "good interactions"... we only had 13 eps aired so far, so it's hard to even know how it'll be, but so far they barely interacted at all...

Eh... no, Dawn/Brock had much more interactions than Iris/Dento had so far...
Also, as I said countless times, the DP trio was really good in my opinion... Ash and Dawn are both young and competitive, while Brock is older and mature... it made sense most of the focus would be on Ash/Dawn while Brock played the big brother figure for them
I saw nothing wrong with that... and so far I prefer the DP group over the BW group...
I just don't get how anyone can say Iris/Dento have "good interactions"... we only had 13 eps aired so far, so it's hard to even know how it'll be, but so far they barely interacted at all...

This. At this point Brock/Dawn had the same level of interacting..

The DP trio was good. But I'm talking about good moments of Brock and Dawn, and I don't remember them doing something together as they mostly focused on Dawn and Ash.

In BW, since Ash's doing many things alone, Dento and Iris are seen more as real friends, doing things together and having a good chemistry.

Oh, definitely Dent and Iris. They have a lot of chemistry together and make a fun pair. Very unlike Brock and Dawn. -_-

Like...? what did they do together? stand in the background and watch Ash do stuff?......
Other than a very quick training battle of Kibago VS Yanapu, which you can barely call "interacting", they didn'y really interact at all... just the usual stuff that all main characters had... seriously, I can't see what you're talking about...

Lol. Exactly. How have they actually interacted well or shown Chemistry? Give me one example apart from battling please. (Although I will admit I don't know when Brock/Dawn battled, I don't think they did).. but seriously. They're two new characters. Doesn't mean they have great chemistry, I don't know why many people say that they do..

Can you even compare this awesome chemistry
DP215.jpg
DP47.jpg

To this?!
DP38.jpg

And this is only after 13 eps.

Are you crazy?....
Do you even know what "interaction" or "chemistry" means?
First picture: Iris and Dento have embarrasment reactions of Bell's personality, Brock/Dawn sometimes did the same kind of facial expression over certain situations too, you know... how the hell is that interaction?
Second picture: happily introducing themselves to Shuuti... yeah... showing a happy face, waving happily and introducing thesmelves... what the each group of twerps did in like... EVERY EPISODE... and once again this isn't an "interaction" of the two at all

Also, lol at your last picture, that's crazy to take a pic of Dawn and Brock with serious faces over a serious situation and say it means they didn't "interact"... Iris and Dento will show serious facial expression at serious times too, just like Dawn and Brock have shown happy expressions when they had reasons too... wtf... also, with your crazy logic of "both characters were shown on screen with same facial expression so they have good interactions", then your pictures prove Brock and Dawn have good interactions too

Seriously, wtf was that post?...

DP215.jpg
DP47.jpg

To this?!
DP38.jpg

And this is only after 13 eps.

Lol, this may be the funniest post I've seen all year.

2mza2c4.jpg
t50kl4.jpg

To this?!
5ulchx.jpg

that was probably the least convincing way to prove they have chemistry ever.

Oh lawd. I don't give a crap what you guys think which is better, I enjoy Dento&Iris way more than Takeshi&Hikari. Dent and Iris make me laugh, as all I remember about Takeshi and Hikari interaction is... *cricket sound*

While I think that Iris and Dento have better chemistry, to me, both relationship isn't all they could be.

In DP, Dawn had a compelling storyline and was proactive, Brock did next to zero and bored me to tears.
In BW, Dento cracks me up every week and has interesting interactions, Iris is boring and does nothing.

Neither series really has achieved balance.

Oh lawd. I don't give a crap what you guys think which is better, I enjoy Dento&Iris way more than Takeshi&Hikari. Dent and Iris make me laugh, as all I remember about Takeshi and Hikari interaction is... *cricket sound*

You can like them more than Hikari and/or Takeshi. But I can't see how they have more chemistry and friendship than Hikari and Takeshi. They are hardly talk each other...

Besides their battle and Iris healing Yanappu with the berry mixture, Iris and Dento really haven't done much of anything so far. I have a feeling that they will be closer than Brock and Dawn were but for now all they've mostly been doing was standing in the background while Ash did most of the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom