• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How come Dento and Iris have such a good interaction between each other?

What is better?

• Brock and Dawn

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Dento and Iris

Votes: 49 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How come Dento and Iris have such a good relationship between each other?

Can you even compare this awesome chemistry

2mza2c4.jpg
What is this? What Ash has to do with this? It's the whole trio, not only Brock and Dawn.

Moment of fear. Yeah, like it really can happen in a regular time.

Even if you search chemistry moments of Dawn and Brock, you won't find since Brock never really liked to do this.

And just look at the poll. most of the people agree with me.

Lol! What? The pictures you posted were so obviously biased, and the fact Iris/Dento were just smiling at a camera doesn't mean they have great chemistry.

I put those pictures up as a joke, sarcasm, because just selecting specific pictures where you deem fit doesn't really work when there is many other scenes you could have chose from. I thought it was absurd how you were trying to prove your point by finding a moment where Dento/Iris had 'chesmitry' (lol) and you chose one of Brock/Dawn when they were looking serious! So I went and chose some pictures of Dawn/Brock having 'chemistry' and one where Dento/Iris were looking serious (or lack of chemistry, as you put it). Lol.

What is this? What Ash has to do with this? It's the whole trio, not only Brock and Dawn.

Similar pics of Dawn and Brock can be found too... again, are you insane? you posted random pics of characters who just happened to have the same facial expression, that happens all the time with all characters and means nothing
Aer you serious? Do you even know "relationship", "chemistry" or "interaction" mean?

Moment of fear.

K, then your pics are "moment of happily introducing themselves like all main characters do in every episode" and "moment of being embarassed from another character's doings"

And just look at the poll. most of the people agree with me.

Yet none of you could give a logical explanation to support your claim... hmmmmmmm......

Similar pics of Dawn and Brock can be found too... again, are you insane? you posted random pics of characters who just happened to have the same facial expression, that happens all the time with all characters and means nothing
Aer you serious? Do you even know "relationship", "chemistry" or "interaction" mean?

K, then your pics are "moment of happily introducing themselves like all main characters do in every episode" and "moment of being embarassed from another character's doings"

Yet none of you could give a logical explanation to support your claim... hmmmmmmm......

I don't think most of the people even think Dent n Iris have more of a better friendship. I just think it's new series excitement gettin' the better of people.

^ Well, they do think they have a better friendship, but perhaps they're blinded by the fact that what they would call 'friendship' are comic scenes which have arrived in bulk with best wishes. It's not that they are closer friends - Dawn & Brock are obviously closer friends NOW, because Brock traveled with Dawn since she started her journey, and Iris/Dent have only been traveling for a little while. Just because BW shows more expressive body language to appeal to new audiences doesn't mean they're close.

They learned from their mistakes with Dawn and Brock, and decided to make characters who actually have chemistry together.

This is why the BW trio already feels like a much more lively group than the DP trio ever did.

This.

Dawn and brock was torture as they didn't have any interactions between each other

I know what is it. Chemistry is an interpersonal communication that consists of words and body language. Want to see a similar body language? You can see that by the first image I posted with Belle. That happened many times in the show, but not with Dawn and Brock together.

K, then your pics are "moment of happily introducing themselves like all main characters do in every episode" and "moment of being embarassed from another character's doings"?
Not really. Call it how you want, but they did this a few times in these 13 eps, not only once. Could you imagine seeing Brock and Dawn doing this?

They've shown more scenes like that, because:

1) Ash is away from them more often than he was in DP
2) Best wishes is now more comical so the writers are including scenes like this. Just look at Ash, he's completely changed.

^ Well, they do think they have a better friendship, but perhaps they're blinded by the fact that what they would call 'friendship' are comic scenes which have arrived in bulk with best wishes. It's not that they are closer friends - Dawn & Brock are obviously closer friends NOW, because Brock traveled with Dawn since she started her journey, and Iris/Dent have only been traveling for a little while. Just because BW shows more expressive body language to appeal to new audiences doesn't mean they're close.
I member Brock/Takeshi commentin' on Dawn/Hikari goin' the whole night to make poffin for Swinub in the episode it was caught.
I really think Brock n Dawn had quite a bit of friendly moments just not friendly moments like Ash/Satoshi's high fives and how they both said,"Daijoubouだいじょうぼう"/"No need to worry" together.

I don't think it really matters. The whole Brock and Dawn thing is brought up so often, but I'm like '...so?'. The way I see it is, as long as they're entertaining as characters and have compelling interactions with someone in the group, it's all gravy. And imo, I thought the DP group as a whole was pretty boring in that regard.

As it stands, I enjoy Ash/Iris, as well as Ash/Dent and all three commenting on situations and such as a group are great fun imo, even if Iris/Dent isn't anything stellar.

...that's a lot of /.

Though I prefer the chemisty between Dent and Iris, Brock and Dawn DID have some good interactions.

t50kl4.jpg

Lightrock_shipping.png

DawnGrabbingBrocksHand.jpg

Dento and Iris have had some nice dynamics together,and I have enjoyed them so far.But I still expect some "Values dissonance" so show up later,which will probably be really interesting as well

(As a throwback to my "NOW ASH HAS NO PERSONALITY" collage,here is one for "Dento and Iris only interacted on the battle!")

ffffImightsupportwishfulshippingnow.png

It is early, but I do think in the long run, Dento and Iris will have a better relationship than Brock and Dawn.

I think they just seem more compatible. Yes Dento is the refined one, and Iris is the "wild" one. But there's something between those two that I quite like, unlike Brock's scholarly personality, and Dawn's uber girly-girl mode.

Personally, I didn't enjoy Brock and Dawn's chemistry, whenever they actually did have chemistry. They were so boring together. More than anything, I feel like DP focused solely on Ash and Dawn, and left Brock out.

So yes, I think eventually it might be safe to say Dento and Iris have the better relationship. Not yet, but after a little while.

Just talking doesn't really constitute for good interactions though. Dawn & Brock talked and Dawn often complimented Brock's cooking. There's no real difference..

Just talking doesn't really constitute for good interactions though. Dawn & Brock talked and Dawn often complimented Brock's cooking. There's no real difference..

Hmm...I should have described the scenes...in this case just the pictures aren't enough.

So lets go do that now,first,there is a difference.Iris complimenting Dento is different than Dawn complimenting Brock´s cooking.When Dawn compliments Brock, is simply because she is grateful and finds the food delicious.But with Dento and Iris is a different context.

Before eating,Iris was reluctant of letting Dento cook the fruits she found,and was thinking "why all this fuzz?is more practical this way",so Dento was anxious to see her reaction,and was very glad when Iris accepted the gesture and liked the food.

In the other one(the one in the top left corner),Iris interrupted Dento´s rant about "Delicious spicy potato and yadda yadda yadda" so he went "my,you are quite impatient are you?"(sorry,cant remember the actual dialogue right now...)

It is there,but is subtle stuff and I understand some people might not like it,specially as it doesn't really suits a really "hyperactive" series like pokemon.

Well I think the poll speaks for itself. 29 people think Iris/Dento have better interactions compared to only 7.

Brock was much better as part of the previous two groups. Nobody will deny Brock and Misty had the best friendship, but I also enjoyed Max and Brock playing off each other in AG, or May and Brock going shopping.

Well I think the poll speaks for itself. 29 people think Iris/Dento have better interactions compared to only 7.

Brock was much better as part of the previous two groups. Nobody will deny Brock and Misty had the best friendship, but I also enjoyed Max and Brock playing off each other in AG, or May and Brock going shopping.

Gliscor'd I just think ppl are lettin' the new series cloud their minds. If a poll did happen the newer ones usually are gonna win cause their new n cool. Ya,know? Just like how everyone'd vote for Tustarja over Bulba, Treecko, Chikorita, n Turtwig.

Dento gets along with any character. Yeah...that's it...

At this point, I can't tell fully. But, since I measure "character interactions" by shipping, I can say that at least I know the name for Dento x Iris :p

Kinda just kidding.

I like how they gang up on Ash sometimes, it makes them look like doting parents in a way.

You want to know the real reason why Iris and Dent have such a good friendship compared to the other "pairings"?

It's because they aren't continually being interupted by Team Rocket.

Less time devoted to Team Rocket's antics means that they can actually focus on what sort of friendship Ash's current group has.

Dawn and Brock could have gotten this same kind of treatment, but the writers wanted to focus more on Team Rocket, Ash's badge quest, Ash's rivals, Dawn's Ribbon quest and her rivals, Team Galatic's plot and the individual growthes of all the Pokémon on the cast.

But right now, Ash only has one main rival so far, the plot is only focusing on Ash's badge quest and he's barely started, the Pokémon cast is small right now (5 for Ash, 2 for Iris and 2 for Dent) and Team Rocket barely makes any appearences as of right now.

So they actually have the time to develop a friendship between the human characters for once.

You want to know the real reason why Iris and Dent have such a good friendship compared to the other "pairings"?

It's because they aren't continually being interupted by Team Rocket.

That's not it at all. Its just that DP focused on Ash/Dawn's friendship and ONLY that, and Brock was left out without another character to play off of, unlike when he had Max back in AG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom