• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Offical May Leaving or Staying Debate thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says Munchlax is the DP mascot, please stop making things up...he's there to HYPE the game as a new Pokemon, no one said that he's the mascot yet. You could say Marill was the mascot for G/S has he was featured in Orange Islands and was "plastered" all over Japan...look what happened.

Actually, Munchlax I believe was stated to be "the next Pikachu" by GameFreak.

I don't actually have the article, but I do remember hearing it. Back when we first saw it.

Actually, I believe I recall that as well.

Anyone have that article? It must have been back when Munchlax was first revealed, around 2004 or so before the Deoxys movie.

Is there anything on Bulbapedia about that?

I don't think Bulbapedia was made back then.....

I do know Munchlax (or, rather Gonbe) was revealed May 2004.

lol Marril.....

I think we're not going to see May during the Shin'ou arc. I'd like to see her stay in Hoenn to improve her skills, rather than go to Shin'ou to do Super Contests.

"lol omg Marill XD"

anyway

Mariil was advertised just as big as Togepi, and don't debate popularity of it as your not an authority figure on it. I remember back then all through the internet of Pikablu, and all that stupid stuff associated with him. Marill shared a huge part of the G/S marketing.

Munchlax the next pikachu...? wow. I would most def like to see a link to that.

I actually think that May will stay for many reasons:

1 - Her Pokémon are maturing right at the end of the season (see the topic about Ash vs. May preview).

2 - I think it would be interesting for Ash to be traveling with two girls instead of a girl and a guy. Hey, don't you think it'd be amusing to see him being torn between what Hiraki and May wants? :D

3 - If May leaves, then contests and all their glory (and Pokédancing!) are gone too. Why would they take out this growing part of Pokémon? I doubt they'd have Hiraki become the preforming of the group, because it's pointless to replace a character with one of the same desires. (Ash wants to be a master trainer, Misty wanted to be a great water Pokémon and gym leader, Brock wants to be a breeder, Tracey wanted to be a Pokémon sketcher and Oak's aide, and Max wants quite simply to be a trainer. Hiraki is probably going to have a unique desire of her own.)

4 - May is too dang cute... *daydreams, then snaps back to reality* Sorry.

5 - May still hasn't accomplished her dream. Misty accomplished hers by becoming a gym leader, and Tracey got to work with Oak. That's why they keep bringing Brock back, because he still hasn't accomplished his dream (which I think is actually to get a girlfriend, but I digress). That's why Misty and Tracey left, because they fulfilled what they really wanted; May still doesn't have everything she wants that they'd have to focus a lot on.

6 - In risk of promoting shipping wars, May has become more involved in Ash romantically than before. I think ditching her when the heat starts to grow for another girl is quite lame, especially since the animé seems to be doing its darndest to make sure Ash isn't romantically involved. If May leaves, then they just start all over again. If Ash, May and Hikari travel together, it might start a love triangle that might actually get some romance into Ash's Poké-fixated mind. *runs from shipping fanatics, including thyself*

7 - *pops head back in to make final statement* And May's too damn cute to abandon!

It seems to me that her and Ash's pokemon are getting along very good. You think Ash will fine an Bulbasaur egg at Prof. Oak lab when he gets back there?
By the way can some one translate this little comic? I know its a pice of fan art but still I whould like to know what it says in english...

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/261/img001099bq8.jpg

Isn't there a manga out about the Ash VS May contest? Anything about Super Contests in there?

My problem with this whole debate is that all of the arguments for May staying are based on people making assumptions about the anime from information we have about the games. We don't actually know that Super Contests are going to be as prominent in Shinou as they were in Hoenn. They're unlikely to be an integral part of the storyline in the D/P games. I have no doubt that they will be showcased, but how can we be certain they'll get a huge arc? They might get a mini-arc. Or even a couple of fillers. Or they might be placed in Johto instead and May will get specials. Or they might be featured prominently in one of the DP movies.

The arguments for May staying are based on the actual anime. To me, that makes them sound more reliable.

I KNOW she WON'T stay in Hoenn, I simply said I'd LIKE to see her go there.

It would nice to see May as a recurring character to advertise Super Contests, but just.... not have her part of the main cast. Gym Battles always seemed to get in May's way anyways.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Who would want that? That would be boring.

Not necessarily. Contests saved Hoenn from being another Johto but, as I mentioned before, it depends on how much time the writers are going to put into Hikari's plot. An actual plot wouldn't be boring.

Contests have given us some of the best episodes and characters.

No, she will most likely. I'm just saying May has some of the best episode.

well i know, but what is she gonna do? gyms? i mean we can't have 2 ppl doing gyms, can we?

She seems to have something to do with the Ledgendarys, perhaps a pro trainer or Professor Aid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom