• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S09 EP01: Fear Factor Phony ・ EP02: Sweet Baby James

I still remember the original James voice even though it was only in like 10 episodes. Maybe some little kids who watch the show will forget, but people who are true fans and have stuck with the show for years aren't going to forget.

Hell, I remember the old Meowth as well.

That's like saying everyone forgot about the original Star Trek crew when they were replaced.

Fans have better memorys then that.

Well, we can kiss the real dub goodbye then. People are going to forget all about Veronica, Maddie, Eric, Rachael and the effort they put in for eight seasons---and now, we are left with an empty, soulless shell of a show with bottom-dollar imitation actors.

Are these on YouTube yet? I want to have them right in front of me before I say more.

Yeh I wish. All I've found so far are clips that are terrible quality, they just filmed the TV playing the episode so it would seem. It's a bit pointless watching it as I couldn't understand a word they were saying, typically it was showing a TR clip which I'd rather see. Youtube's my only source at the moment, god damn you Toonami Uk.

*waits*

Well, we can kiss the real dub goodbye then. People are going to forget all about Veronica, Maddie, Eric, Rachael and the effort they put in for eight seasons---and now, we are left with an empty, soulless shell of a show with bottom-dollar imitation actors.
This is the REAL dub from this point forward. And I'm getting annoyed that despite these people showing clear improvement and beginning to settle into their characters you insist in not only complaining but insulting them by calling them bottom-dollar imitation actors. You're being unreasonable about this. And it's far from empty and souless. I think James' new VA handled Sweet Baby James better than Stuart ever could have.

Last edited:
What do you mean on Youtube? have you not seen them yet?

Can you read? I said that I wanted to have them in front of me *TO MAKE SURE I COULD ANALYZE EVERY PART.*

Should I bold it, too? Maybe I should bold it, make it yellow, and put big bright lights all over it? Then maybe you'll see it.

I guess I'm the only one who cares about how it used to be anymore. Everyone else, including those who I thought were beside me and shared my cause, have already been broken to PUSA's will---they'll take whatever PUSA does with no questions. I however will not give in. I cannot abide the way the original VA's were treated like utter trash by PUSA, and I wiil not forget how PUSA lied to the fans. And I most certainly will not accept a soulless shell of what the show used to be.

You all can go and enjoy your little PUSA love-fest now. Laugh at the outcast who still likes the 4Kids dub long after everyone else has forgotten. PUSA has put together nothing other than a cheap knockoff of a once-great show, and I'm the only one who dares to stand up and say no to it.

Go listen to the Titanic Theme Song, drink some beer, and watch old episodes on DVD why everyone else moves on in life.

This is the REAL dub from this point forward. And I'm getting annoyed that despite these people showing clear improvement and beginning to settle into their characters you insist in not only complaining but insulting them by calling them bottom-dollar imitation actors. You're being a bitch about this. And it's far from empty and souless. I think James' new VA handled Sweet Baby James better than Stuart ever could have.

Let's see. The new actors were hired because PUSA wanted to save money. They were also hired to be "sound-alikes" of the old actors. It's simple math from there that "save money" plus "sound-alikes" equals "bottom-dollar imitatons."

You just cannot handle anyone DARING to not like your precious knockoff. It is your opinion that it was not empty and soulless---it is mine that it was.

And if I'm being a bitch about it, you've sure been a pretty big jackass about it.

I have officialy started SONVA, for anyone who wants the new voices to stay. Check the club thread.

Hi, this is your friendly neighborhood moderator with a reminder about flaming: don't do it. Argue to your heart's content, but don't let me catch you flaming, okay?
So he can call the new VA's shit and I can't call him on it?

And you have to admit he's being completely unreasonable. Calling the new VA's bottom of the barrel, complaining about something that'll never happen, and calling the new dub fake.

EDIT: But, because I'm a nice guy I changed my post.

Last edited:
TGB is a girl?

I have to admit, her whole "REVENGE" on Serebii was just....nevermind.

Don't start with that "because I'm a nice guy" crap Al. And you know damn well I'm a male, so I sure as hell don't appreciate you spreading false rumors about me.

And Dolphin Man....care to explain why the fake DP pics have any relevance to this thread at all? Or are you just being a jerk and trying to rile me by kicking it up again?

They're not? I thought TGB said they were a girl at some point.

Back to the episodes. Sweet Baby James the better of the two episodes. I think that's because the VA's seemed to have more time to settle in and it gave them more a breaking in than Fear Factor Phony.

He's not. *Edits post*

The cast is listed at the end of ep 2 as:
Sarah Natochenny
Michelle Knotz
Jamie Peacock
Billy Beach
Bill Rogers
Rodger Parsons
Ikue Ohtani
(additional: Sondra James)

And Kojiro in the original said a rather loud "Iya da!!" which is more like a very emphathic "NO!". Not quite the extent of "I'd rather die!", IMO.

SONVA? Now you're just picking at scabs. ::wry Jessie smile:: So you're saying that you feel they need to be saved? There's nothing in need of "saving" if you think they're going to keep them.
</antagonistic> Don't take that too seriously.

Last edited:
Don't start with that "because I'm a nice guy" crap Al. And you know damn well I'm a male, so I sure as hell don't appreciate you spreading false rumors about me.

And Dolphin Man....care to explain why the fake DP pics have any relevance to this thread at all? Or are you just being a jerk and trying to rile me by kicking it up again?

Because you keep saying lying is "unethical".....

See wheir I'm going with this?

EDIT: OH! Being male or female really matters on a message board!

Let's turn this down before it turns into a real flame war. Instead of insulting one another and the people who worked on these episodes they try and find something most everyone finds positive about these two episodes.

I really liked the filler characters, did I mention that?

The old lady would've sounded like Taillow in the 4kids version, and the Old Man would sound like...Pryce, Briney, ect..

Because you keep saying lying is "unethical".....

See wheir I'm going with this?

EDIT: OH! Being male or female really matters on a message board!

I never claimed to be flawless. I'm nothing of the sort---and I will freely admit the DP pics were a foolish thing to do.

And cut the crap about the male/female thing. Al knows very well I'm male and I don't appreciate having false facts about myself being circulated around. Even if you didn't know I was male it would be very easy to deduce: I named myself after a male character, there are two females in my avatar, and both my bishie and celebrity bishie are female. And anyone who's EVER been in the chat with me knows I'm male.

I must admit that I am amused that Al of all people is trying to prevent a flame war. Not trying to provoke here, just expressing my surprise because Al's usually on the other side of situations like this.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom