• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S09 EP01: Fear Factor Phony ・ EP02: Sweet Baby James

No it's just that they worked for quite a while on the show. If anyone else did it from the start you would think the same thing. If Mr T. Voiced Ash we would call him talented, for his work on this atleast cause he's mighty talented anyway.

No it's just that they worked for quite a while on the show. If anyone else did it from the start you would think the same thing. If Mr T. Voiced Ash we would call him talented, for his work on this atleast cause he's mighty talented anyway.

No I know what I like and I know what I don't. The 4Kids cast was gifted, and Eric Stuart is one of my personal fav voice actors. There are a few guys who've been doing the show for awhile who I still don't like.

Obviously they're good because TAJ casted both cast...

If PUSA did the voices first, and switched to 4kids, you'd be singing a different song.

You honestly must of not gotten out alot if Stuart is one of the most gifted VA's.

I mean, he was SO AWESOME with Kaiba!

MUHAHAHA! SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE MONEY!

I probably would have, and I'm not screaming I like both casts actually.

So what if I like Stuart, I think he's very talented actually.

Be warned everyone.

I fear this post might just bring the horrible debate back again. X_X

I'm sorry, but I just really have to reply to everything that's been said......

I will still remember the old ones.
Maybe they will remember them, but they won't really remember them.

I mean, they won't remember them as the VAs that made the characters who they are today. They'll only remember them as a slight memory and probably nothing more.

In fact, once people get used to the new VAs and start to love them, then they will consider the new guys to be the "original VAs", and once they've done that, they will forget all about the true original VAs.

It's very sad, and I don't want that to happen to the VAs we've known and loved for 8 years and 8 seasons.

Fans have better memorys then that.
I wouldn't be so sure about that......

For one thing, if many people become attached to the new VAs and they like them a lot, all their memories of the original VAs will fade away. I bet soon the original VAs won't have any fans at all (at least not after season 9 is over with).

Aww, that makes me wanna cry...... *starts to tear up* :-(

And people won't forget them, so you have nothing to worry about.
But, is there really any proof out there that people won't forget the original VAs?

That's a very general statement.

And I believe most of the Pokemon fandom will soon grow attached to the new VAs, and in the process of doing that it's inevitable that they will eventually forget the original VAs (some will not only forget the VAs themselves, but also all the great work they did on the show for 8 years).

I however will not give in. I cannot abide the way the original VA's were treated like utter trash by PUSA, and I wiil not forget how PUSA lied to the fans.
Wow!

I agree with you completely, The Great Butler!

You've pretty much summed up all my thoughts right there. ^^

It's not the voices, I think it is just people can't except change.

And it's also because of this reason:

(NOTE: I feel that I have to say this, because it's very important and it's what has been on my mind for a very long time in this VA situation. It's just that I could never put it into the right words until now. Everything I say in this response comes directly from my heart.)

We grew up watching Pokemon with the original VAs and voices. And after 8 years and 8 seasons, we did not want or expect the VAs to get replaced like that. It was so sudden, and the worst part is that they couldn't even do anything about it or prevent it in any way.

It was a really bad thing that should've never happened. And some people like me (and mostly SOVA members) are very emotional towards these kinds of situations. Not only did we love the VAs and the characters they played, but having watched the show for so long, in a way it's like we're very close to the VAs themselves. And I think that what Pokemon USA doesn't realize is that they've hurt that emotional part of the fandom in a very big way.

Something like the VA situation is very sad, and what's even sadder is that Pokemon USA act as if they didn't hurt anyone by doing what they did. And I agree with The Great Butler. He is right because Pokemon USA expects the whole Pokemon fandom to adjust to the new VAs (and very quickly), so everyone will completely forget about the original VAs.

But you know what? I'm not gonna fall for that. I'm not gonna buy into Pokemon USA's plot of "convincing us that the new VAs are or will be better than the original VAs and will take their place forever". I'm not willing to accept that, and I never will.

PUSA has put together nothing other than a cheap knockoff of a once-great show, and I'm the only one who dares to stand up and say no to it.
Actually, you're not the only one.

I would say no to it.

In fact, I did that with this post I made now. Or I at least made it obvious that I agree with you.

maddiejoan said:
When I auditioned for Oak, I did him as Sean Connery!!
(Course I didn't get it)

Oh man, I wish I could've heard it! X3 For some reason I especially see Connery as Oak when I see Daroll Hammond's Connery on SNL.

"I don't know the answer, but your mother's a whore!"

That new prof totally looks like he would talk with a Connery Voice. Maybe even the Celebrity Jeopardy version from snl.

Sean Connery would be better suited for the new professor.

Mr. T. as Elecable.

Elecable: Should've never sent you rat at me foo'.

But yeah, each character has a certain kind of voice they need. Which is why I didn't like some of the work of 4Kids. I honestly couldn't image James voiced by Eric Stuart doing the last episode as well as the new VA.

Sersiously Lisa, if fans forget the old VA's...

THEN THEY NEVER LIKED THEM TO BEGIN WITH.

Seriously, not everyone is gonna forget. We still have 8 season worth of reruns and DVDs.

The VA's will always be remebered, saying they will fade into obscurity is overreacting.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom