• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Pokémon: Black and White Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trip?
that boy sure is one...
he's mental!

So......Shooti is Trip?

23929861.jpg

Holy Shit they even have the same jacket color!

So TPCi named him Trip using this character as reference? But...why?

Heh, Trip reminds me of Jump. We just need a Leap now. xD

The new season begins at 9 a.m. Saturday, February 12th. Then tune in every Saturday morning at the same time to watch new episodes. To start the season off right, Cartoon Network will be showing the first two episodes back-to-back, so be sure to watch for the whole hour!

It just hit me that this means there wont be any break. Strange.

Trip? Huh I don't think anyone saw that coming. It sounds alright to me but can anyone explain the meaning behind it?

My best guess is maybe its derived from Tripod, that thing you use to steady camera's.

The PR fan in me wants to believe its a Time Force reference though. Hell, the movie version of Lucas had blue as his dominant color, so why not?

I kind of find it strange that they're starting the new season right away as well. I was thinking that they would at least wait until the Black and White games come out and just show us a preview like with Diamond and Pearl. Well it's not really that big of a deal to me but it just feels strange in a way.

So TPCi named him Trip using this character as reference? But...why?

Heh, Trip reminds me of Jump. We just need a Leap now. xD

And Push. I guess the Dub is following the main rival tradition.... 4-letter names.... Gary.... Paul..... Drew.... Zoey...... Trip. Coincidence or are is TCPi really making this intentional?

FUCK
Now I'm gonna think of this guy from the new show ON Dinsey Tripp Logan
921fc4e20fa68ff9bbb8c695842df711_pvt.jpg

That name's a trip.

As weird as it is, it's fitting for some reason. I was expecting it to be a name that's camera related though.

Pretty pleased with the performances. But the WRITING! Someone needs to teach TPCi how to match flaps without using the same words.

I don't know if TPCi can do this without screwing up. There's lots of chances to make Cilan a flamer and completely lose the new TR vibe. It's a shame, because they've come SO far on the acting itself.

Well, he doesn't appear until the 5th episode, so maybe it's a *surprise*.

Unless they dub the OP as is and not have it be some random assortment of clips, kids are gonna know about him as soon as the episode starts.

I kinda wish they would've mentioned Team Rocket, just so we'd have some heads up as to what they're going to do with them.

Unless they dub the OP as is and not have it be some random assortment of clips, kids are gonna know about him as soon as the episode starts.

I think they are going to skip the title cards and the opening all together (EDIT: I meant for just these first two episodes). TPCi is probably trying to trick everyone into thinking Brock will show up at some point, even though he won't. (If I can remember, that Cilan banner thing is still not officially put up on Cartoon Network's website yet; it's just a hidden file right now.) The only reason they mentioned Iris and Trip is because of them appearing in those first two episodes.

Also, given the episode titles and how The Greatest Everyday! kept all of its animation without filler clips added in the mix, I think Black and White will do the same. You know, to go along with the fresh feeling the series has so far.

I kinda wish they would've mentioned Team Rocket, just so we'd have some heads up as to what they're going to do with them.

It would have been nice If they did at least mention Team Rocket, but TPCi possibly expected everyone to see them reguardless. Plus, if they did mention Team Rocket, they would have to false advertise by saying "Team Rocket followed Ash to the Unova region to once again capture that Pikachu!" or something along those lines. They could say "Team Rocket's back, and this time, they have a secret plan..." or the like, but I think everyone who likes to watch the show in English will think "Oh yeah, that big plan is Pikachu getting captured. Big deal."

They are clearly trying to keep the more major surprises, well... surprises. At least, that's how I see it.

Last edited:
Betch be trippin' Pokéballs.

My best guess is maybe its derived from Tripod, that thing you use to steady camera's.

I'm glad they gave Shooty a name related to photography, even if Trip sounds a bit weird.

Have we heard of a name for Don George yet (even if it remains the same)?

Sometimes characters get named after people close to them (the ones who gives them names).

So what the hell kind of "tribute" did we have to get stuck with?

Sure, Trip could come from Tripod, but why not make it "Tripe" instead?

Trip is just going to get so hard getting used to.

Also, given the episode titles and how The Greatest Everyday! kept all of its animation without filler clips added in the mix, I think Black and White will do the same. You know, to go along with the fresh feeling the series has so far.

That's not possible. Best Wishes is much too long and any time cuts will look choppy as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom