• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More GTS problems with localized names...

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
Similar to the Cofagrigus issue, although this seems a bit unfair to blame TCPi for in terms of the names...

But Marshtomp and Skuntank also can apparently not be traded over the GTS as is, due to the former "sht" (shit), and the latter's "kunt" (cunt), which is even worse than the Cofagrigus example as those don't even have the full curse in their names, instead part of the curse and/or Mortal Kombat spelling.

Hopefully they can go into the GTS and fix this so at least those Pokemon with their official names can be traded. I also wonder if there are other Pokemon who will suffer this...after all, since Marshtomp and Skuntank aren't in BW normally, I imagine that not to many people have tried to trade or search for them over the GTS, and I can imagine there are other Pokemon who have yet to be reported.

Hmm. Should I feel immature for chuckling at the issue with Skuntank in particular, I wonder? :p

Between discrepencies like this for english language versions and the abundance of impossible requests for level 9 and unders, I think the GTS as a whole is a complete shambles. Both Gamefreak and TPCi should have read into it a hell of a lot more than they did. Especially Gamefreak, since they had DP's horrid global trades as reference.

Or they could just remove the filter. Gen IV has no filter. Besides, Gen V already has a built in filter anyway.

Or they could just remove the filter. Gen IV has no filter. Besides, Gen V already has a built in filter anyway.

If they remove the filter people will go back to naming their pokemon things that arent appropriate. Just because some older players think this is funny dosent mean that younger kids that are playing need to see that. I dont think they need to be exposed to explitives in a pokemon game. The filter is a good concept, it just needs some fine tuning

I'd guess they probably have a way of putting exceptions in with the filter.

Hmm... since this shows that there is a faulty check on the GTS server's side, I think they should be able to notice the issues if they were notified.

I'm glad they put in a filter. They also don't even allow nicknames in the random matchup battles.

If they remove the filter people will go back to naming their pokemon things that arent appropriate. Just because some older players think this is funny dosent mean that younger kids that are playing need to see that. I dont think they need to be exposed to explitives in a pokemon game. The filter is a good concept, it just needs some fine tuning
Nintendo is being overprotective as usual, however. Keep in mind, this is the same company that uses friend codes, and was being restrictive in the past with regards to online play. There's a reason why no one buys Black Ops for Wii, and not just because of the graphics. Nintendo Wi-Fi sucks.

Better ban Pikachu from being traded with that name. think about how inappropriate that name is.
Remove the P,I,K,A,C,H,U
and add a M,U,D,D,A,F,U,K,A

And it sounds pretttttyyyy bad.

now i can fully understand having strict filters on nicknames but on actual pokemon names is pretty daft

oh well i'll get over it

OH My Arceus!

Couldn't them have put just a little more of care into it?

2z6tfgw.png

Really, this. is. too. funny.

I agree that Pokemon does need a filter, but as the norm of any american company/idea; it was a great idea executed poorly. no excuse for this. ...still surprised Pineco isn't affect, that is baffling.

Again, LOL@ TCPI!

If my thread wasn't closed it would have included this.

Nintendo is being overprotective as usual, however. Keep in mind, this is the same company that uses friend codes, and was being restrictive in the past with regards to online play. There's a reason why no one buys Black Ops for Wii, and not just because of the graphics. Nintendo Wi-Fi sucks.
Surely they're not buying Black Ops, because those who own a Wii can buy GoldenEye?

Yeeeeeaaaaah.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom