• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Marina in the new episodes?

FabuVinny said:
And I hope if we get a future episode with the LoT cast that PUSA do clear up the fact that Yoshi and Dani are not Jimmy and Marina. And that Vincent is clearly his real name.

You say that as if it was an undeniable fact.

PokéSho is a fanart site.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I never seen the image board before. I looked and yes, it's definately real.

Um....yeah?

But this is obviously not fanart, AND it was from the image board.

It would be pretty silly to have the G/S/C girl all the way in the D/P episodes. That would be a little too outragous.

Not really, DP has alot of references to Johto (it is very simmilar in structure, with day/night and many evos of oldies)

Jasmine appears as well, so expect her possibly.

The idea that they are the same is fanon.

We know for a fact that there were no plans to dub The Legend of Thunder when the Silver Conference was being dubbed. As far as the dub goes, the people he calls to are no one we ever meet.

Or is Marina his mom?

Jasmine was never in the anime... You're probably thinking of Koga's sister. Her name was Anya, right?

It was originally a TV special, not a movie.
I think he meant in the original hour-and-a-half form instead of split into three episodes... Although I believe it was like that on the UK Chronicles DVDs.

We need an LoT redub. Like, now. Maybe if we do end up with G/S remakes they could redub it then. *shrug*

What's funny is some people think they put May in Johto for a reason, whereas that was really an excuse just to find some place to dump her since she's not in the D/P series.

If Ash does go back to Johto, that'll be around the time May is done there so it won't matter.

What's funny is some people think they put May in Johto for a reason, whereas that was really an excuse just to find some place to dump her since she's not in the D/P series.
You don't know that. There may very well have been a reason for placing her there. You can't ignore the increasing possibility of a G/S remake. If it happens, expect to see May battle Marina in a contest.

Of course, this is just a reference for older fans. (Or not so old since it only aired in America this year.) It's not as if Ash has ever heard of Marina and even Satoshi wouldn't think of who Junichi was shouting to.

On which note, I'd be interested if Max would since he did watch the Silver Conference on TV.

Hehe, neat. This goes in the file with the surprise appearances of Attila, Hun, Sebastian AND Marina in the intro to "Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea!"

You don't know that. There may very well have been a reason for placing her there. You can't ignore the increasing possibility of a G/S remake.

Right. A GS remake would probably be the "filler" saga the show needs between Shinou and the 5th gen. In that case it'll be saved for Ash, not for May.

We're going to get plenty of Contests in the main series, seeing even more in specials would be overkill. May's VA was fired and she's probably moving on to other anime much like Misty's VA did, so there's no point in hiring her again for some oddball special.

If there is a GS remake, then fine, but I guarentee that's not the reason May was dumped in Johto. They needed to put her somewhere and since Hoenn/Kanto were done, Johto was the only place left since Ash was going to Shinou.

May's VA was fired? When did that happen? Or this this like how Gary's VA was supposedly fired?

May's VA was fired? When did that happen?

Would you prefer the term, "let go?"

Considering her VA would have gladly continued her role if the writers allowed it, the only reason she's not still in it is the writers said, "Sorry, but we're going to have to let you go." at the end of AG.

That's basically the same thing as firing someone, just more politely. KAORI is a cutie too and has done work for other anime, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was hired to do a role in another anime by this time.

Drew's VA said on his blog that he had a feeling the writers were going to let him go too, and said he wish it didn't happen because he was really getting attached to his Pokemon such as Roselia. Considering these VA's actually really get into these characters and love their work, it's easily apparent they would have still be doing the series if the writers didn't decide to let them go.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom