• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Ahh, finally got in this morning (36 hours later, just as they said), but I had to go to school, so I just tucked in Musharna for now. I got a Bellsprout with Synthesis :D
Not to mention I figured out pretty much everything. If you guys come across Evilpwner, water his berries please :3
(Cue wall of quotes)
Why does everybody use audino for it?
There's an Audino event in Japan that started in late November, and will continue until November this year. Everybody just has these random Audinos that they don't really care about so they put 'em to sleep.

I finally got in. Got a farfetch'd..
But now..
I miss Fennel. =[
LolFarfetch'dissofreakingterribad.

I made another account for my Black and got a Shinx that knows Magnet Rise. I also re did that stupid Eeveelution game and got Espeon. Now I just have to wait until they give those out and I'll have Espeon and Vaporeon.
Does anyone know if you can soft reset for a better nature for Dream World pokemon or is it set in stone once you get them in your Entra Link forest? Also can Dream World pokemon be shiny? Sorry if this stuff has been asked already.
(No answer, just quoting because I'm curious too.)

How do I become dream world friends with my friends?
As far as me and some friends have been able to tell, you can't find specific people on purpose. I hope Nintendo does something about that....

Another question: When do legendaries and gen V Pokés appear in the DW? In my three trips to the island I've only seen Pokemon of the first four generations, and it seems like the same ones as everybody else (Taillow, Farfetch'd, Lotad, Hoppip and Ponyta seem to be really common ones).

As far as me and some friends have been able to tell, you can't find specific people on purpose. I hope Nintendo does something about that....

Another question: When do legendaries and gen V Pokés appear in the DW? In my three trips to the island I've only seen Pokemon of the first four generations, and it seems like the same ones as everybody else (Taillow, Farfetch'd, Lotad, Hoppip and Ponyta seem to be really common ones).

That's kinda dumb if you can't find your real friends and are stuck with random people.

I know Starter pokemon will eventually be events. Legendaries too probably. As for what pokemon is in each area, Serebii has a nice complete list since Bulbapedia's is still a work in progress. http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldareas.shtml

I was FINALLY able to get on today. Got myself a Sunkern with Earth Power. Too bad it's ability isn't the greatest, though.

Also, are there any ways to get new berries besides the Island of Dreams and other people's gardens?

you can swap berries on their share shelf, but other than that no since you seemingly can't take berries TO the dream world.

How come I cannot use the Game Sync feature at all? I keep getting an error coded "13204", and I swear it only shows up when I use the Game Sync. I really want to try the Dream world, but I have no idea what to do.

did you try googling the error code? According to the Nintendo Error code guide on the Nintendo website that just means that the
Nintendo server has too many people trying to log in at once. So give it some time.

I made another account for my Black and got a Shinx that knows Magnet Rise. I also re did that stupid Eeveelution game and got Espeon. Now I just have to wait until they give those out and I'll have Espeon and Vaporeon.
Does anyone know if you can soft reset for a better nature for Dream World pokemon or is it set in stone once you get them in your Entra Link forest? Also can Dream World pokemon be shiny? Sorry if this stuff has been asked already.

i tried to SR for a nature for my DW pokemon in the Entree Forest, but you can't as the save option is taken away. Now what i could've tried is save BEFORE i go to the forest and see if that makes a difference. So as far as saving in front of the pokemon itself in Entree Forest, nope.

as for them being shiny, no clue. i know when you see them in the DW they all have the default colors for their species as when you put a shiny poke to sleep it shows up as a normal pokmeon in the DW.

lol I could care less what I got. My other option was Tailow. Nothing really interests me there yet. And at least farfetch'd gives me a laugh. ;D

I really enjoy it! Of my two visits there, I got a Hoppip and a Taillow, both female. I also got some cool berries, although all of them are from other people's share shelves.

dreamworldfinally.png

Fucking finally. And the attempt took less than two minutes this time :dumb:

On that note, I think I'll be using Yanma as my DW Pokémon from now on...

The huge limit of available Pokes kinda sucks, I hope that they add more of them and more areas as it goes on. Well, they quite likely will. I guess they're also going to do a lot more events on the DW instead of at stores or over Wi-fi.
I think I've also figured out how to add people from your Pal Pad as Dream Pals, but I'm not entirely sure.

i got a question about the games i sorta didnt read the ice cream part what is the object of the game aka goal is to stack 1 ice cream on top of another and try to get it high?

i got a question about the games i sorta didnt read the ice cream part what is the object of the game aka goal is to stack 1 ice cream on top of another and try to get it high?

As you stack it higher and higher there are goal lines. The more you get the better moves your pokemon will get. I find its better to build a solid foundation rather than trying to make huge ice cream balls, but that's me.

another last question is there a trick on finding a pokemon in the game? i lost so many time trying to find the specific pokemon

I think I am getting the hang of the DW and can appreciate and enjoy it much more now. :)

Just a tip to everyone: You can only transfer up to 50 Pokemon..Once you hit that limit, I don't think you will be able to befriend any more Pokemon. I'm going to save room for rarer Pokemon. I encountered Rattata, Eggexcute, and didn't bother to befriend them. Sorry!

So does anyone know how to transfer the Eeveelutions to the games?

I think I am getting the hang of the DW and can appreciate and enjoy it much more now. :)

Just a tip to everyone: You can only transfer up to 50 Pokemon..Once you hit that limit, I don't think you will be able to befriend any more Pokemon. I'm going to save room for rarer Pokemon. I encountered Rattata, Eggexcute, and didn't bother to befriend them. Sorry!

:secret: where is that stated? i can't find that anywhere here. If this is true, then fuuu- this DW is going to have a limited amount of usefulness eventually.

if you're talking about the pokemon.com eeveelution game, you can't get it til May 5th.

Last edited:
I finally got to use it today. Won a Nidoran♀ (Hustle + Super Fang sucks, but the other options weren't much better. Maybe better luck tomorrow)
Lucky you. I was shooting for a Nidoran Female. You can breed those and get Nidoran Male with the Dream World ability too. Sheer Force Nidos FTW

The huge limit of available Pokes kinda sucks, I hope that they add more of them and more areas as it goes on. Well, they quite likely will. I guess they're also going to do a lot more events on the DW instead of at stores or over Wi-fi.
I believe you unlock more areas with other pokemon as you get Dream World Points. The next area is unlocked when you get 2500 points.

another last question is there a trick on finding a pokemon in the game? i lost so many time trying to find the specific pokemon
I believe its just randomized. You just have to hope you are lucky.

:secret: where is that stated? i can't find that anywhere here. If this is true, then fuuu- this DW is going to have a limited amount of usefulness eventually.
I think they mean you can only have a certain amount of space on your friend board. Though I'm sure there is a way to delete some.

Id assume when they are released they will transfer automatically with whatever pokemon you befriend that day.

When the game is removed from the pokemon site, (5th May I believe) then you will be able to take it the same was as the pokemon in dream world I think. When you wake up it will bring it back too.

...Just a tip to everyone: You can only transfer up to 50 Pokemon..Once you hit that limit, I don't think you will be able to befriend any more Pokemon. I'm going to save room for rarer Pokemon. I encountered Rattata, Eggexcute, and didn't bother to befriend them. Sorry!

I think they mean you can only have a certain amount of space on your friend board. Though I'm sure there is a way to delete some.

yup. i stumbled upon a post on a thread (that frugrow posted believe it or not lol) that explained it better so not to confuse ppl into thinking that once you befriend and send 50 dw pokemon, that's it.

here:
michrure on livejournal's pokemon community said:
I did a little reading cause I'm curious too. It's all off forums, so I'm not sure I'm right but some people said that you can have a MAX of 50 IN the Entralink Forrest. Doesn't mean you can't catch them and send to the PC and then go to DW and send more.

Other people have said that it WAS limited back in January (for the Japanese server) but they removed it, for obvious "Dream World is now useless" reasons.

Again I just read all that on forums, so I dunno for sure.

Someone also said this:

It's not that you can only get 50 Pokémon from the DW, you cant have more 50 Pokémon on your Friend Board in your house at one time. The reason for this is that the Pokémon on your Friend Board are Pokémon that you've wished for at the tree, but haven't transferred to your game.

As you stack it higher and higher there are goal lines. The more you get the better moves your pokemon will get. I find its better to build a solid foundation rather than trying to make huge ice cream balls, but that's me.

I just dump the biggest scoops possible of the stickiest ice-cream. They generally stick before the fall off. Best is is a gravity defying tower of ice-cream 170 inches tall (Nearly 4.5 metres!)

But what's the heart thingy? Is that for choosing the right ice-cream or for getting them the right size? The points seem to depend on that for something so I'm sure I'm missing something. It's like a fraction where the numerator is some unknown thing that I occasionally get by accident and the denominator is the total number of scoops in the heap.

I just realised how boring we westerners are. US, Canada, UK and Germany all had Victini as their most tucked in pokemon. Moldova has Rayquaza!

Is it just me or is encountering pokemon of specific gender is dependant on your mons gender ? I mean its 3rd day, I befriended about 20 and the only females I got were Nidoran F and Kanghaskhan.

I noticed I were sending only male Heracross, Galvantula and Scyther so maybe thats the case

My first time in the Dream World, and the first pokemon I befriended.. a Surskit xD. Bring on tomorrow!

Got a female Shinx with Night Slash...Come on Gutsray!

Back
Top Bottom