• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Would You Call People Who Live In Unova?

What do you like better?

• Unovan

Votes: 46 43.0%
  • Unovian

Votes: 56 52.3%
  • Something else (please post)

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters

Serperiority

Orange And Black October
Reaction score
How would you rather call the people who live in Unova? I like calling it Unovian. It just sounds cool.

Please vote in the poll.

Right now, I guess I stand alone on "unovan". But to me, it sounds more natural

Unovian. It rolls off my tongue smoothly, and all-around seems more natural.

Unovan, mostly because of the stress on the "U" rather than on the "o".

Unovan - because there isn't an "ia" at the end of Unova :-D Like Moldova, the people who live there are Moldovan, not Moldovian.

Last edited:
People of townsville

I called the people of Unova, Spoons. I have an infatuation of calling normal people from the old games, Forks.
So if there was a region based on Europe, they would be Knives.
I'm not even lying.

If I was doing an LP, I'd say "move Spoon!"

To be serious, if I had to make them actually make sense, then they'd be the United People of the Liberty region.

Unovan, as that's what the demonym should be phonetically and grammatically.

Unovans. It sounds good and it's better than Unovians if you ask me.

Unovian. I just figured it was official and took a liking to it.

To me, Unovian sounds more like a language than a nationality.

America - American
Andorra - Andorran
Angola - Angolan
Bermuda - Bermudan
Botswana - Botswanan
Cuba - Cuban
Dominica - Dominican
Kenya - Kenyan
Jamaica - Jamaican

And it goes on. The only exceptions to the rule I can think of are Canada, China, Argentina and Ghana and only one of those support the -ian ending (Ghanaian, Chinese and Argentine do not follow that form). Obviously all the countries whos name already ends in -ia can't be counted in this comparison. Most nations ending in -a simply suffix -n. Canada's a weird anomaly.

Oh, there's Panamanain's (and the Maltese) too, but still, I feel my point stands.

I'd call them by name, because I don't like to label groups of people.
Yeah, you all feel mighty bad about yourselves now, don't you? xD

But seriously...Unovan, because it rolls off the tongue better.

Unovan. It makes the most sense. That extra "i" in "Unovian" doesn't seem like it should be there.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom