• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

The thing bugging me is exactly how they're going to do this. Will you be the same trainer? Then that means you'd logically have to start with your powerful mons from B/W. Would there still be a gym quest or not? Would you instead be a new trainer, thus allowing for the same pokémon basics (get starter/badges/elitefour)? There's other stuff in the back of my head still bothering me, but first I better crack open my piggy bank and see what I have....

(and also move the rest of this to the proper thread)

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

Autumn 2012 in the US!!!

Guys, I don't mean to be THAT guy, but I think people are getting their hopes up too much. This game is still the third version, just split into two, why? to make more money of course. I could see region being expanded to let us use the airport to go to the other side, where we would find places like the Battle Frontier and stuff like that, but not to go to an old/new region, that's way too far-fetched.

It will just be like Platinum and the rest where they just change and expand on the storyline, not continue it, can you not just imagine the complaints parents would make, because little Jimmy cannot get the game because he didn't get the first one? Or because parents would have to find the first game and buy it with the 2nd one? Oh god, PR disaster. Before people get all huffy, I am thinking from a business point of view here, and stating what Nintendo/GF is most likely to do, not what I want them to do.

I just don’t want to have to deal with the inevitable “Nintendo/GF have deceived us” comments that will be flying about. Oh, and you can ignore the part saying “A new adventure is about to begin”, they have always banded that statement about every 3rd version.

One thing though: 2 3rd versions makes no sense. They were already pushing it with 1, 2 is just plain silly. Also, why put the white Pokemon in the White game when it was in the black one and vice versa? AH! Because players of white would remember N with Reshiram, and players of black would remember him with Zekrom. Jumping the Shark it might be, but it makes sense to do something like this.

I know a lot of people are talking about Hoenn in this game......how would you be able to get there? You're on different continents.....

*Points to Mistralton Airport* That might be a possible use for it. I know everyone says it's just a cargo airport, but the game designers could easily use that as transportation to another region, if there is one.

People pointing out that Mistralton is cargo only are forgetting 2 simple things, Skyla owns a plane, wherever it is I'm sure she'd lend it to you because this is a game where people give their private property to children freely.

Also these are the people that had you arrive in Hoenn in the back of a lorry, I'm sure they could smuggle you into the cargo hold of a plane. Let's not forget the moving van was carrying cargo as well.

One thing though: 2 3rd versions makes no sense. They were already pushing it with 1, 2 is just plain silly. Also, why put the white Pokemon in the White game when it was in the black one and vice versa? AH! Because players of white would remember N with Reshiram, and players of black would remember him with Zekrom. Jumping the Shark it might be, but it makes sense to do something like this.

Like I said, to make more money. Nintendo has just made massive losses, despite having Mario and Pokemon as it's Stars, i.e. High market growth, high market share(boston matrix), well, in the case of Pokemon anyway, Mario is more of a cash cow. Now, releasing a new game would make them more, but releasing two? Ka-ching.

I can see them just expanding the storylines, adding in more version exclusive, battle frontier and just generallt other stuff you would find in any 3rd version. I'll still buy it of course, but I really don't expect anything spectecular.

Lightning bolts are sometimes coloured blue.

It's also worth noting that Zekrom's electricity was ALWAYS shown as blue (and never yellow)

If you look at the logos, The Red and Blue ones represent that of the colors of Reshiram (Red) and Zekrom (Blue)'s powers, being that of Fire and Electric respectively. On the "gem-like" thing, no it isn't a gem it seems for me, it's an Ice to represent Kyurem, and they have that colors since Kyurem will now have formes in which Kyurem will now have similarities with Reshiram and Zekrom.

Yeah, that's what I explained before too - it's obviosly Reshi's fire and Zek's electricity shown as ice... which also confirms Black/White Kyurem being fire/ice and electric/ice - unique and cool type combinations, some of these that really should've been done by now

Sceptics panned the gold and silver pokeballs in the Poke centre and the Gold and Silver GS Ball looking Park balls. Turned out later we got GS remakes soon after!

I already explained in one of my recent posts here why the "GS Ball" thing is not compareable to the craziness going on right now

How will we be going through the story if, as is said, these are direct sequels? Will we have to defeat the Pokémon League again, or will we just get new characters (as I can see being suggested somewhere above)?

The thing bugging me is exactly how they're going to do this. Will you be the same trainer? Then that means you'd logically have to start with your powerful mons from B/W. Would there still be a gym quest or not? Would you instead be a new trainer, thus allowing for the same pokémon basics (get starter/badges/elitefour)?

It'll most likely be like GS, so new heroes, same Gyms but with possible Leader changes, etc... it wouldn't really work as a sequel with the same heroes otherwise you'd be an experienced trainer with lots of Pokémon, etc...

One thing I would like to know is the typing of the formes. Could we see the first ever Electric/Ice and Fire/Ice? They got rid of the ghost part of Rotom, They could very well do the same to the Dragon part of the Taos

The logo made it more than obvious it'll be electric/ice and fire/ice... which is really nice to finally get - hopefully we'll see more new and interesting type combinations that should've been by now (like grass/fire, water/fire, etc...)

can you not just imagine the complaints parents would make, because little Jimmy cannot get the game because he didn't get the first one? Or because parents would have to find the first game and buy it with the 2nd one?

What?... That just didn't make any sense at all... you didn't need to buy RGBY to be able to play (or understand) GSC... you didn't have to buy FRLG in order to play HGSS...
Why would you have to own an old game to play its sequel?...

One thing though: 2 3rd versions makes no sense. They were already pushing it with 1, 2 is just plain silly.

Why is it silly? Wouldn't it be even worse if they just sticked to the same old endless loop of predictable repetitiveness?
Also, if this is a sequel like it seems to be right now, then it's not a "third version" at all and is more compareable to GS than to Crystal/Emerald/etc

Autumn? Dang it. I was hoping for it to come out by July, but now I'm just hoping for September at the earliest.

You didn't need to buy RGBY to play GSC because GSC were stand alone sequels, a totally different Generation to boot, similar to the Elder Scrolls Games. What people are asking for is a pure sequel, which is really not a good idead, due to large amount of complications that would cause, especially among younger fans, who the games are mainly aimed at.

All I have to say i8s this.

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED

There will be no Hoenn in this game. That idea was probably stirred up by gen3fags who saw the red and blue letters and jumped to a conclusion. Why would they go to Hoenn? Hoenn is terrible!

Dude, I agree with you in that Hoenn will be no where near this game and people are just misguided, but there's no need to call people retarded.

All I have to say i8s this.

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED

There will be no Hoenn in this game. That idea was probably stirred up by gen3fags who saw the red and blue letters and jumped to a conclusion. Why would they go to Hoenn? Hoenn is terrible!

AW SHIT YES SOMEONE WHO GETS IT
It's BW2. If it was Hoenn remakes, it wouldn't be BW2. It would be Gen V Hoenn.

And it's being released in the summer? That's... fast.

I'm sceptical about them being "totally new adventures" if the release date is this Autumn.

Last edited:

I'm sceptical about them being "totally new adventures" if the release date is this Autumn.

Yeah, either there will be minor tweaks to the story or Nintendo has been working their asses off since BW came out.

Yeah, either there will be minor tweaks to the story or Nintendo has been working their asses off since BW came out.

I would definitely say that GF HAS been working on it since BW was released. They've alluded to it several times through a couple of posts or tweets.

I would definitely say that GF HAS been working on it since BW was released. They've alluded to it several times through a couple of posts or tweets.

I can't remember where I read this, but I seem to recall reading that Nintendo had been working on Gen 5 since 2006. If so, they've had plenty of time to figure all this out. It's weird to think they could be working on Gen 6 already. maybe even the 3rd/sequel version of Gen 6 by now. (Thats if the comment about 2006 was true)

The games will be released in June in Japan. The first of March is Thursday. The game will be released in Japan in 3 months And there hasn't been a single image yet. Pokemon Black and White Versions were revealed in April 2010, and released in Japan on September 18th 2010. There was 5 months of information. Now there is going to be 5 months worth of information in 3 months. :)

The games will be released in June in Japan. The first of March is Thursday. The game will be released in Japan in 3 months And there hasn't been a single image yet. Pokemon Black and White Versions were revealed in April 2010, and released in Japan on September 18th 2010. There was 5 months of information. Now there is going to be 5 months worth of information in 3 months. :)
Let's begin the constant stream of information! :D

I am surprised that GameFreak was so tight-lipped up until this point. Usually you're going to find information pouring out of them at a surprising pace. Now they've announced the release date is coming right around the corner and practically NOTHING has been said about it.
Even now they only information that they've given us is: New Mascots, Black or White Kyurem, and that it's two games. I think that the information we're going to get about it will be from people who actually played it once it's released.

Go-Goggles, Shoal Salt/Sand, Flutes, HM Dive, Gen 3 Elite Four Music in Gen 5 Elite Four music (aka elitefourmusiception), amongst other things.

The only really thing that's noticeable is Dive, and to say that's a hint to Hoenn is stretching it. Using the go-goggles as an excuse is very poor, you have to be deliberately looking for it for it to make sense. As for shoal salt, might as well say Johto is going to happen, due to Ragecandybars in the game. Flutes were in gen IV as well, they didn't hint for anything there (especially when they have lost their effect this gen).

These aren't very serious arguments. In Johto's case, you had it in your face, Red Gyarados at the start of DP (plus references later) and Jasmine to name two major references.

My problem with people saying Hoenn is that they're just pulling it from thin air, not supported by anything close to facts. I have an issue with that. I wouldn't mind more area, but jumping to headless conclusions are just silly.
Nullius in verba.

You didn't need to buy RGBY to play GSC because GSC were stand alone sequels, a totally different Generation to boot, similar to the Elder Scrolls Games. What people are asking for is a pure sequel, which is really not a good idead, due to large amount of complications that would cause, especially among younger fans, who the games are mainly aimed at.

I don't see how this is any worse than a third version. The worst thing I can see happening is that this gives incentive to buy BW, and this is much better than the standard rehashed third version with basically the same as BW plus some.

Well, those new forms are going to be spectacularly hard to draw. :>

Also, I'm thinking "enhanced" versions of Black and White, not direct sequels.

That's flawed logic. An Autumn release gives them a window of between three and five months after the Japanese release date, and they could have started working on the localization months ago. Besides, this is not a drastic difference from the six-month gap that was the case for Black and White. Not only that, but Ruby and Sapphire constituted a brand new generation and yet their localization only took four months. It is obvious that the time it takes to localize these games does not depend solely on the amount of text to translate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom