• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 (Read FIRST Post before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official Pokémon Black 2/White 2 Thread

And why he says N has no HUMAN heart.

That one's probably a combination of N being better at socializing with Pokemon than he is with other human beings

Oh dear, this sounds scarily like me.

I'm not ready yet! I still have to finish Black

Same, I restarted some old ones before I have had the chance to complete Black.

I think that distribution means we will get an Emerald remake eventually, not Hoenn in BW2

Emerald? No. If anything is to be remade then it would be RS with Emerald elements. If they do get remade then this gen really would have a lot of games.

I've forgotten, but the previous times new games were announced what was the first thing we learned about them after the title and logo?

I don't believe it will be Emerald either, most likely RS but with Emerlad elements such as...
Was there any elements exclusive to Emerald?

Oh wait, the battle in the mossdeep space centre maybe.

Well, Emerald's story made a LOT more sense because you fought both magma and aqua, thus taking away things from R&S that made no sense such as Aqua in sapphire at mt chinmey or magma in ruby at the oceanic museum. Plus the whole Groudon Vs Kyogre fight that rayquaza intervenes is emerald only

If this isn't a third version, do you think they will come out with Gray and Gray 2 in 2013?

I'm not ready yet! I still have to finish Black
Tell me about it. :sweat:

I haven't even caught Kyurem yet, let alone the Muskadeers. I haven't hatched my shiny and don't even get me started on going through my bag, picking out which items to send over. Yeah, it's going to be a busy few months, believe me. (I just hope we can trade immediately between the games. I have a few freshly hatched Goletts that I want to send over to B2W2 ASAP, as they are critical to my upcoming team.)

But still, I think it's good news. I can hardly wait to get my hands on these games. :-D

If this isn't a third version, do you think they will come out with Gray and Gray 2 in 2013?

This is the third version. Gf made a very good move doing this since this will rake in twice as much money than one game.

This is the third version. Gf made a very good move doing this since this will rake in twice as much money than one game.

This is not a third version. There is no third version. It's a sequel.

Are we sure its a sequel?
Considering the titles are Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 as opposed to something like Pokémon Black Version Remix and Pokémon White Version Remix, I'd say there's a pretty high chance of them being sequels.

I would find it interesting if we started with a new character in the Unova region. It's a new adventure if it's a new person.

I do hope it is a continuation, in a sense, but it can't be directly. You're not going to start of with the Zekrom/Reshiram you had before. That's why I think a new character would work well...so it's not like "Uh oh. I lost my dragon and have to get it back! Oh, and I lost all my other pokemon, and my pokedex, and need to learn how to be a trainer all over again!" *coughLookingatyouAshcough*
But I would like to see what happens to N & Ghetsis and other goodies.

Who knows? Maybe they'll discover a link between Luvdisc - Alomomola (How can they not be related? lol.) and maybe some new prevos/evos. Doubtful, yes, but possible.

What I imagine will happen is, you will start as a brand new trainer in Unova. You will receive the same starter Pokémon as in BW - Snivy, Tepig or Oshawott. During the course of your adventure, you will eventually get caught up in the story, which could be something like Ghetsis and the Shadow Triad trying to regain their power or something. During the story, you end up meeting with Professor Juniper, the remaining Gym Leaders and such, who will fill in the gaps for you.

Then depending on your player's gender, you end up meeting Hilbert/Hilda eventually.

Are we sure its a sequel?
Considering the titles are Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 as opposed to something like Pokémon Black Version Remix and Pokémon White Version Remix, I'd say there's a pretty high chance of them being sequels.
They couldn't call both of them Grey, so they decided to call them '2' instead... I can clearly see why it might not be a sequel. Not every game with '2' in its title is a direct sequel...

What I imagine will happen is, you will start as a brand new trainer in Unova. You will receive the same starter Pokémon as in BW - Snivy, Tepig or Oshawott. During the course of your adventure, you will eventually get caught up in the story, which could be something like Ghetsis and the Shadow Triad trying to regain their power or something. During the story, you end up meeting with Professor Juniper, the remaining Gym Leaders and such, who will fill in the gaps for you.

Then depending on your player's gender, you end up meeting Hilbert/Hilda eventually.
I expect something similar to GS.

i expect to see you start off as someone new.
and maybe bell with be with the prof? I expect hints of hilbert/hilda then towards the end find them and battle.

and i expect to find N.

what i wish for is:

Being a new trainer who is traveling and being trained by N. learning to kind to pokemon and etc.
Then have N disappear then go to find him and meet the gym leaders and stuff.

Just because it's a new adventure doesn't necessarily mean we're getting new protagonists. In fact, the story doesn't even need new protagonists. Introducing them at this point would just be...awkward. The continuation of B/W will do just fine with Hilda/Hilbert.

To those who don't think they will be sequels but rather third versions: if they are sequels and they don't take place in another region THEY ARE BASICALLY THIRD VERSIONS GAMEPLAY WISE. So they might as well make them sequels which we can assume they did because of the 2.

Just because it's a new adventure doesn't necessarily mean we're getting new protagonists. In fact, the story doesn't even need new protagonists. Introducing them at this point would just be...awkward. The continuation of B/W will do just fine with Hilda/Hilbert.

Then explain how they will start out if they already have Pokemon? The best thing to do is use new characters.

I really hope you start out in a place other than Nuvema town or collect your badge on the east or something to deviate it. Yes I know it is unfair for me to ask them to be different in these regards when third versions were not BUT I played 3 run throughs first in white to play the game, second in black to get the exclusive lengendaries and again in black to train a versus team. So I want gym and elite 4 changes. Maybe startout with a DW Sinnoh starter.

Then explain how they will start out if they already have Pokemon? The best thing to do is use new characters.

This doesn't have to be the typical "start out with lv. 5 Pokemon" type of adventure. Why would we be doing that again if it's a continuation of B/W? The way I see it, we could see other areas of Unova, like maybe somewhere in northern Unova, or perhaps a set of islands south of Unova. And maybe at some point, we'd meet up again with N. We may even catch a glimpse of an entirely new region. Since we've already gone through the basic premise of a Pokemon journey in B/W, we shouldn't have to start from square one again in order to continue the story. The idea of importing save data from B/W really shouldn't be that difficult. I'm sure they could find some way to make this option accessible to everyone who wants B2/W2.

Plus, adding new protagonists will just make the B/W cast seem crowded. This isn't like how Gen II was a sequel to Gen I. We're still in the same generation, so there's no need for new protagonists.

If these truly are sequels, then there's no need to do the same old song and dance with starting at lv. 5, collecting badges, and completing the Pokedex.

But how would that work, say if the player characters are not Black and White any more?

But how would that work, say if the player characters are not Black and White any more?

It wouldn't work, really. If they did decide to give us new protagonists, then this option wouldn't be viable, since they would most likely have us start with lv. 5 Pokemon again.

So basically, it's either:

a. Continue the story with Hilda/Hilbert and have the import save data option.
b. Start off with new protagonists and begin another Pokemon journey.

Perhaps my thinking is too narrow. But I feel like a combination of these options wouldn't work. I sincerely hope they go with the former rather than the latter. I feel like the latter would just be a thinly-veiled third version. But we don't have very much information to go off, anyways, which is frustrating.

But at least we only have three months to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom