• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW088: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this be an other double capture episode!? but seems like an other filler! Hoped they would reduce them to the minimum!
Interested how will Iris now react to a Ice type!? and why are they searching for him?

I just hope that either Cilan or Dawn catch either Larviter or Cubchoo, not of these for Ash please.

Other than that, this sounds pretty underwhelming.

I hope Cilan catches Cubchoo. It'd be fun to have an ice-type on the main cast because Iris is afraid of them, and Ash has too many Pokemon so he shouldn't be the one to catch it.

Ash's Boldore shows up to usurp Detective Connoisseur Cilan again.

Calling it now.

I hope they use this episode as an excuse for Dawn to get some interaction with Cilan.

Unless the Larvitar in this ep is the same one from Johto, (and let's face it, it won't be), this episode seems like a waste. It also bothers me they're focusing on the same ice polar bear again. Why not a new Pokemon?

Seems like an episode to extend Dawn's episode count in BW2 as well. As I said, the Onix filler at least will give us some nice Dawn/Iris interaction so it was understandable and the Dragonite episode looks action packed. But what the hell is the point of this ep while Dawn is still here? Does Dawn really need to see Cilan's detective skills?

It also bothers me they're focusing on the same ice polar bear again. Why not a new Pokemon?
This I agree on. Surely the undebutted Washibon could have been a better choice? Again, maybe the writers want Hikari to capture one, but seeing that this is a missing Pokemon it's likely that it belongs to a trainer.

As I said, the Onix filler at least will give us some nice Dawn/Iris interaction so it was understandable and the Dragonite episode looks action packed. But what the hell is the point of this ep while Dawn is still here? Does Dawn really need to see Cilan's detective skills?
Does Dawn really need to know about Iris' attitude and personality? The same thing could be said. Maybe the writers thought that the battle between Dawn and Cilan in BW086 wasn't enough interaction. This episode could also have a 30 to 60 seconds Team Rocket scene where they do stuff related to the Kami Trio's Reijuu formes and Meoletta.

Seems like the writers are just having Dawn stick around for extra episodes for the hell of it, even if they're entirely focused on other characters like Cilan.

They really are basically keeping Dawn around as long as possible. This is a filler I would have expected in either BW1 or after Dawn leaves again.

This is what I was hoping they wouldn't do. Usually after the eigth gym they make fillers and then what's more unusual is that when an old character makes an appearance, there is even more of a delay of the important stuff to do. Atleast for Ash that is.

However, I do hope Larvitar is caught by Ash. It would suck if it was to let go or to have someone else catch it.

Oh, gawd ANOTHER Dento episode? He just got some billing with wanting to "Taste" a Contest Battle in "Pochama VS. Yanappu! The Magnificent Battle". This shit is still going on? It's ridiculous, especially when none of them lead to any development and end up pretty bland(Hello 1st Detective episode and Fishing episode!). I guess that's just the writer's lust over Dento showing itself again, since they love giving screen time to their favorite character. I won't pre-judge the episode without seeing it, because who knows? This episode might end up being the salt of the Earth for all I know.

Anyway, I agree with what others have said with not jumping around from plot-to-plot like that. I still would rather have the Kairyu or World Tournament. But, man I kinda wanted to see the whole Kairyu plotline at least start by June. Kinda reminds me of how the Don Battle took up a fuckton of last summer with the breaks and movie in between. Anyway, I guess I should look on the brighter side of things.

I could see Dento catching Kumasyun, otherwise I'm not sure why the writers would give it another episode. Of course I can't see it evolving under Dento's ownership, since Tsunbear is a bit too...burly for Dento. I'm still surprised the writers haven't given him a Tuline or Monmen yet. Larvitar is a plus I guess...could be interesting to see, since it's pretty cute. Chances are low Iris would catch it, but I could see it happening with it being of "faux-dragon-ish" like Archeops, Scraggy, and Gyarados. So a double capture seems viable. Oh, well. Hopefully the Dento screen time and interactions suffice and we get a good battle. But, Dento and Iris's Pokemon are getting stall as shit, GIVE THEM ANYTHING. No, not really give Iris a damn Dragon.

But, yeah if it's anything like the Tabunne Detective or Fishing one I'm not fond of another potential Dento filler this early in BW2.

Last edited:
Seems like the writers are just having Dawn stick around for extra episodes for the hell of it,

I don't think that it's 'for the hell of it' if Dawn contributes to the episode. Who knows? It could have been a plot intended to be in BW1 that would have been better suited if Dawn was in it.

even if they're entirely focused on other characters like Cilan.
We don't know if the episode will be entirely focused on Cilan. Just look at Don battles titles. Most of the battles the titles referred to only lasted around minute.

They really are basically keeping Dawn around as long as possible.
Which is a problem how? If they make her contribute to episodes in her extended stay, then there's nothing wrong in keeping her around.

This is a filler I would have expected in either BW1 or after Dawn leaves again.
The episode isn't out, and yet you already think the episode is a filler? Somebody from the main cast might catch a Pokemon here, something related to the Rocket Dan might be showcased, a Pokemon might evolve here to set it up for the World Tournament and we might see a glimpse of the new rival. Heck, a lot of things that affect episodes in the future might happen.

There were a lot of episodes with titles which made us think that they were filler episodes like in the episode Gamagaru and Maggyo were caught. I don't know what's making you think that this episode will surely be filler from only the title of the episode and a picture with a Yogiras and Kumasyun.

This shit is still going on? It's ridiculous, especially when none of them lead to any development and end up pretty bland(Hello 1st Detective episode and Fishing episode!).
The point of these kinds of episodes is to make a main cast member do a different thing unrelated to their goal. They are going to make Dent use his Pokemon Sommelier skills(main aim) with Hikari and then make him do something different in this episode. It's to make Satoshi's sidekicks have some focus(Iris with the Kairyu) before the World Tournament, where they will likely not get much attention.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't get all the filler hate either. What would you expect? That all the big plots get rushed in and then leave a gap between now and generation 6? Its perfectly fine to have some ordinary adventures mixed in with the super special ones. Its perfectly natural for any tv show, and natural for Ash and co.'s life on the road. Mind you, I am NOT a fan of Cilan being a know it all again but I fully expected, yes even wanted to have some fillers for the sake of balance. Its STILL looking to be a pretty solid series.

25jxlas.jpg

Not the least bit excited though.

From what we know I'm not particularly excited about this one. Kumasyun is a bit of a boring Pokémon in my opinion and one going missing sounds a bit too much like the previous Kumasyun episode for my tastes. It might be good though in the end.

Re: BW088: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Disappeared Kumasyun!!

Ugh, and just when I thought BW2 was going to be consistently entertaining. Looks like I got my hopes too high. Sounds like a leftover episode from BW1.

Fillers can be entertaining...

The point of these kinds of episodes is to make a main cast member do a different thing unrelated to their goal. They are going to make Dent use his Pokemon Sommelier skills(main aim) with Hikari and then make him do something different in this episode. It's to make Satoshi's sidekicks have some focus(Iris with the Kairyu) before the World Tournament, where they will likely not get much attention.
I see what you mean, I'm just not in too high hopes after how boring the last Detective episode was. It just seemed like a glorified DP TR stealing project. Hopefully this Kumashun/Larvitar thing leads somewhere, maybe Dento could catch Kumashun for example or some general novel interactions with Satoshi Quartet-Tachi? Or a nice Pokemon Batoru could heat things up. I'm at least gonna stay positive for the future.

I'll be happy if we get to see Dento in his detective time outfit again, that is all. *promptly skips rest of episode, moves on*

I've enjoyed most Cilan episodes but this one sounds just plain terrible and out of place. It also bugs me that while Dawn is here they're using fillers about Cilan to extend her episode count.

I don't think people are bothered by it being a filler, rather that the episode features a Best Wishes Pokemon we've seen already in its own episode. And that it sounds like it combines two boring Best Wishes episodes, the Cubchoo and Audino fillers.

Surely there's a cool older Pokemon we haven't seen in awhile (well, larvitar's here at least) or a Unova Pokemon like Vullaby that could've been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom