• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Re: Captures, evolutions and releases.

I would love to see Iris get a Lapras like in the games, with there being on in the opening. Ash's didn't do a whole lot other than ferry them around, so seeing one used in battles a lot would be interesting. Might be a bit hard though with it having limited mobility out of the water.

Openings are made to be edited.

Yes, but this opening is a spoiler opening, since it showed Ash's Krokorok evolving into Krookodile and Trip's Servine becoming Serperior. I don't see the logic in the animators spoiling some of the evolutions in the opening but concealing others.

To keep secrets maybe?

As in only giving us a spoonful of honey before we get the whole bottle?

It's not something that's been done before. All the openings that took have taken into account future party changes have either spoiled them all from the beginning or been updated as time went on. It could happen, but I don't think it's likely.

IIRC only openings that were heavily edited for captures were the first two DP ones, Together and High Touch; and Battle Frontier. And of those three, only two had spoilers, Together, as it was the first opening of the series, and Battle Frontier, which was around the time of Gen IV promotion and the ones that were spoiled were those guys. High Touch did spoil Mammoo about three episodes before it happened, but that was likely an error as they later corrected it for one episode, and was much after the opening debuted.

There's a lot of space next to Scraggy, Snivy and Oshawott, just enough to imagine them all evolving.

There's a lot of space next to Scraggy, Snivy and Oshawott, just enough to imagine them all evolving.

People said that various times and it never happened, like with the previous ED
I think it's VERY obvious this OP won't get any edits at all and will simply be short-lived and is already including any spoilers to not need to get edited before it's replaced...
This will probably be Ash's team for the League

I don't see that at all. They're not going to spoil 1 years worth of evolutions, same reason the evo's in the last ending all happened quickly enough.

I don't see that at all. They're not going to spoil 1 years worth of evolutions, same reason the evo's in the last ending all happened quickly enough.

This OP won't last "1 year"
Most likely, East Unova is July/August/September and then Unova League is October/November/December
2013 will start a new saga and with it, both for the new year and for the beginning of something new, we will probably get a brand new OP
Sorry Scott, but that seems the most logical thing to assume right now

No it isn't. Almost definitely that ugly rock will reach its last form, its middle form looks like shit.

And there's strong indication Snivy will be evolving soon with Trip having a Serperior. This isn't Johto, we don't have unevolved starters again.

It might be longer than 3 months. Look at all these fillers.

No it isn't. Almost definitely that ugly rock will reach its last form, its middle form looks like shit.

And there's strong indication Snivy will be evolving soon with Trip having a Serperior. This isn't Johto, we don't have unevolved starters again.

That's all your opinion or wishes
Not a fact at all

I can't see any "fillers"... one Iris ep and one Cilan ep wouldn't hurt anyone, this can be joining a 3 eps tournament, 3 eps Meloetta plot, and maybe even another random ep or two and fit about 13 eps, which is just about as much as needed to fill three months, which again leads to what I said in my last post here

Since Iris is Champion in BW2 the dragonite prediction is probably going to come to pass :(

How? They said it will be held in three months.

Yeah and if we take that anime novelization as fact, Ash should be at least 11 during the Unova League, but he'll continue to be ten.

Three months could easily equate to six months in real time, after all we are only going episode after episode, week after week. They could've done a break 4th wall type deal, saying that the League WILL take place September, or October in real time, without any consequence to the actual chronological timeline within the anime but there's still no guarantee that their three months will match up with our three months.

Whoa there. This isn't a thread discussing the structure of the series, the League, or any of that. Get back on topic of the future of the 'mons specifically, guys.

Back
Top Bottom