• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Re: Captures, evolutions and releases.

I hope Ash catches nothing and his current Pokemon get some good movesets.

If Ash catches an Onix... I can't... ; - ;

How many times has Onix been shown in the anime?

Please. God, Allah, Zeus, Buddha, Chuck Norris... let him fail.

I hope Onix captures Ash.
And then Steelix captures Onix.
And then another Steelix captures Steelix.

Though in all honesty, Ash having one of the largest pokemon on the series in his team is an interesting prospect in itself. I mean, yeah, sucks if it has to be one of the show's most overused pokemon, but still...

Regaurding a Steelix capturing an Onix, I've always wanted to have Meowth to capture his own Pokemon....

Magnemite, Steelix, Chandelure, Onix..

All would please me.

And I would love to see Ash's Quilava or Dawn's Quilava evolve(and Ash's/Dawn's turn out to be female(more so Ash's), for NeoVineShipping/EruptionShipping/Whatever Ash's Quilava X Dawn's Quilava is...), so Jimmy(Johto) of too much importance will not be the only featured character one with a Typhlosion...

Id rather Ash didn't catch anything. If they want to promote old pokes, Iris and Cilan can catch them, plus they can just bring back Ash's oaked pokes.

He really needs to develop his current team if he wants any chance of winning the Unova league (believably)

Dent catching a Yogiras would be interesting I think. I'd rather see Dent with something like a Riolu or Absol, but a Yogiras would be a great pick up from the latest movie episode where Dent was commanding a giant Bangiras robot. XD

Sunglasses Krookodile was in the final group shot in the opening, so that's at least one evo going down.

yea was just b out to say, saw krookodile, couldnt make out anyone else apart from boldore lol

Said they just feature the Krok evolutioning! I love the Krok, I would change his move pool, but I like him!

But why him? I want to see Osha evolving! he deserves it!

There no surprise about krookodile !
If Ash gonna face Draydan in Junior Cup then Krookodile is the perfect pokemon to use !
Too bad , I wanted more evolution !

So... krookodile. Good. Will it stay with that glasses forever? Where's the development to be bold without the glasses?

Anyway, kinda hoped for seismitoad and gigalith there, but, I think boldore and palpitoad won't evolve in a while. If the final scene is a sign, Ash can not catch anything new (or old, past gen pokes, after all), but, I'll wait.

I don't care about Iris' and Cilan's teams, but, I'd like to see Dawn with something new (even if she haven't space to any other poke by now).

I feel that the team featured at the end of the new opening will be the team Ash will use in the Unova League. I don't think Ash will catch any new pokemon in BW Season 2, and that the only of his current pokemon to evolve will be Krokorok.

If the writers wanted some of Ash's other pokemon to evolve here, they would have featured their evolved forms in this opening as well.

Last edited:

Hmmm... abused Fire starter evolves, Grass and Water starters remain in basic form... good going, writers.

Now I wish Ash had a cute, small, advertising whore Pokémon just so that Snivy and Oshawott could evolve.

Well, at least we're probably done with the Deus Ex Machina evolutions that were in the gym battles.

Last edited:

Openings are made to be edited.

I think at least one more of Ash's Pokémon will evolve(bets are on Quilava coming back and doing so, in order for the specter of Jimmy of Johto to be dispelled, and a really important character will have a Typhlosion...or Palpitoad/Boldore/Newcapture/Snivy).

Oshawott won't evolve. Ever. It's too small, cute and Ash-owned to do so. If a Water-Type evolves, It'll be Palpitoad, because he's not cute. That's why Krabby evolved. He was not cute or a starter, and they had leeway for that reason.

Hence why Squirtle, Totodile and Buizel won't evolve. EVER. They are too small, too cute and Ash-owned.

Back
Top Bottom