• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

The problem is the Timid nature brings down its' best and most crucial stat. I would suggest getting one with a better nature. For the moves you want, maybe Naive would be better?

I see.

Sassy is the recommended nature for that Tyranitar since its supposed to be specially bulky and it doesn't really care about Speed.

I understand. Now I have a couple of questions I like to ask if you. If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that don't have a pokerus, will it still get the EVs points? If so, then how many?If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that does have a pokerus, will it still gain the EVs points? If so, then how many EV points does that equipped pokemon will get?
Litwick/Elgyem give 1 SAtk EV
Pokerus doubles EV in-take
Macho Brace doubles EV in-take.

So you get 4 EVs per KO, which equates to one additional stat point.

Any Pokemon taking part in the battle gets experience points and EVs iirc.

The problem is the Timid nature brings down its' best and most crucial stat. I would suggest getting one with a better nature. For the moves you want, maybe Naive would be better?

I see.

Sassy is the recommended nature for that Tyranitar since its supposed to be specially bulky and it doesn't really care about Speed.

I understand. Now I have a couple of questions I like to ask if you. If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that don't have a pokerus, will it still get the EVs points? If so, then how many?If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that does have a pokerus, will it still gain the EVs points? If so, then how many EV points does that equipped pokemon will get?

Meaning that after a pokemon with the macho brace and a pokerus still getting the EVs even after the stronger pokemon with or without the pokerus done for another?

I see.

Meaning that after a pokemon with the macho brace and a pokerus still getting the EVs even after the stronger pokemon with or without the pokerus done for another?

Every Pokemon that receives EXP will get either 1 or 2 EVs, depending on what the enemy Pokemon gives. For example, 2 Pokemon get EXP from that Litwick and they both get 1 SpAtk EV. If either of Pokemon has Pokerus, it gets the doubled EVs, and the other Pokemon won't. So, if either of those Pokemon have Pokerus, it will get 2 EVs and the other will get 1 EV. Macho Brace is the same. Pokerus and Macho Brace only affect the Pokemon that they are on, and no one else.

I see.

Every Pokemon that receives EXP will get either 1 or 2 EVs, depending on what the enemy Pokemon gives. For example, 2 Pokemon get EXP from that Litwick and they both get 1 SpAtk EV. If either of Pokemon has Pokerus, it gets the doubled EVs, and the other Pokemon won't. So, if either of those Pokemon have Pokerus, it will get 2 EVs and the other will get 1 EV. Macho Brace is the same. Pokerus and Macho Brace only affect the Pokemon that they are on, and no one else.

I see. But I'm little lost with the pokemon with a pokerus and Macho Brace facing a certain pokemon like Litwick, and then switch out with another and stronger one who have a pokerus or not. I understand that the pokerus and Macho Brace will double its EVs in one battle like Litwick (+1) (x2 PKRS) (x2 Macho Brace). But the questions that I asked earlier are two separate questions. Just in case there are differences.

1) If I EV training a pokemon (Cyndaquil soon to be involved into the Typhlosion) who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon (Lucario) that don't have a pokerus, will it still get the EVs points? If so, then how many?

2) If I EV training a pokemon (Cyndaquil soom to be evolved into Typhlosion) who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that does have a pokerus (Tyrantiar), will it still gain the EVs points? If so, then how many EV points does that equipped pokemon will get?

Sorry that I got you confused. I never EV a pokemon with the pokerus before. To be honest, Black Version is my very first pokemon game.

Last edited:
I see. But I'm little lost with the pokemon with a pokerus and Macho Brace facing a certain pokemon like Litwick, and then switch out with another and stronger one who have a pokerus or not. I understand that the pokerus and Macho Brace will double its EVs in one battle like Litwick (+1) (x2 PKRS) (x2 Macho Brace). But the questions that I asked earlier are two separate questions. Just in case there are differences.

1) If I EV training a pokemon (Cyndaquil soon to be involved into the Typhlosion) who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon (Lucario) that don't have a pokerus, will it still get the EVs points? If so, then how many?

2) If I EV training a pokemon (Cyndaquil soom to be evolved into Typhlosion) who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that does have a pokerus (Tyrantiar), will it still gain the EVs points? If so, then how many EV points does that equipped pokemon will get?

Sorry that I got you confused. I never EV a pokemon with the pokerus before. To be honest, Black Version is my very first pokemon game.

1) Cyndaquil will receive the 4 EVs, Lucario will receive 1 EV.
2) Cyndaquil will receive the 4 EVs, Tyranitar will receive 2 EVs.

As I tried to explain, every Pokemon gets 1 EV if it was in the battle against the Litwick, and those EVs are then boosted for each individual Pokemon depending on if that Pokemon has Pokerus/Macho Brace or not. Cyndaquil has both, so it gets 4. Tyranitar has just Pokerus, so it gets doubled to 2, and Lucario has neither so it only gets 1. Even if you used all three Pokemon in the same battle, they would get the same EVs I just listed. It doesn't matter how many Pokemon are in the battle or how strong they are. Sorry, I'm bad at explaining things, does that make more sense? ^_^;

As I tried to explain, every Pokemon gets 1 EV if it was in the battle against the Litwick, and those EVs are then boosted for each individual Pokemon depending on if that Pokemon has Pokerus/Macho Brace or not. Cyndaquil has both, so it gets 4. Tyranitar has just Pokerus, so it gets doubled to 2, and Lucario has neither so it only gets 1. Even if you used all three Pokemon in the same battle, they would get the same EVs I just listed. It doesn't matter how many Pokemon are in the battle or how strong they are. Sorry, I'm bad at explaining things, does that make more sense? ^_^;

I see. So no matter what the outcome of the battle (even if the pokemon manage to beat the Litwick himself), the results for the pokemon who holds the Macho Brace, and have a pokerus faced the certain one will be the same. Right? Even if the EV trained pokemon beats the Litwick, then the pokemon who faced it will get the same result as she/he get the 4EVs for Sp. Atk.

Last edited:

I see. So no matter what the outcome of the battle (even if the pokemon manage to beat the Litwick himself), the results for the pokemon who holds the Macho Brace, and have a pokerus faced the certain one will be the same. Right? Even if the EV trained pokemon beats the Litwick, then the pokemon who faced it will get the same result as she/he get the 4EVs for Sp. Atk.

Correct. If a Pokemon got EXP from a battle, then they will get EVs, and they will still get the 4EVs if they have the Macho Brace and Pokerus, even if they didn't KO the Litwick.

Correct. If a Pokemon got EXP from a battle, then they will get EVs, and they will still get the 4EVs if they have the Macho Brace and Pokerus, even if they didn't KO the Litwick.

Ok then. Thank you for the tips with the pokerus situation. But one last thing. Does the pokerus make the pokemon sick? I don't want them to die. Pokerus can go away by themselves overtime. Is that right?

Last edited:

Ok then. Thank you for the tips with the pokerus situation. But one last thing. Does the pokerus make the pokemon sick? I don't want them to die. Pokerus can go away by themselves overtime. Is that right?

It's not a 'sickness' and your Pokemon don't die lol, all it does is double the EVs you get. If a Pokemon with Pokerus is in your party, I'm pretty sure it disappears overnight, but if a Pokemon in the PC has Pokerus, it can't go away.

However, if a Pokemon loses Pokerus, it will get a little smiley face on its stats. It will still get doubled EVs as if it had Pokerus, the only difference is that you can't spread the Pokerus to others.

It's not a 'sickness' and your Pokemon don't die lol, all it does is double the EVs you get. If a Pokemon with Pokerus is in your party, I'm pretty sure it disappears overnight, but if a Pokemon in the PC has Pokerus, it can't go away.

However, if a Pokemon loses Pokerus, it will get a little smiley face on its stats. It will still get doubled EVs as if it had Pokerus, the only difference is that you can't spread the Pokerus to others.

Ok. Thank you. Thank you so very much.

2 questions in 1...
just recently started competitve battling mostly through wifi to get better.. so started a sun abusing team & wondering what would be better exeggutor or cherrim
also would heatproof bronzong be a good edition basically to draw out any pokemon ready to abuse fire type moves as i will have grass pokemon on my team

2 questions in 1...
just recently started competitve battling mostly through wifi to get better.. so started a sun abusing team & wondering what would be better exeggutor or cherrim
also would heatproof bronzong be a good edition basically to draw out any pokemon ready to abuse fire type moves as i will have grass pokemon on my team

Both Executtor and Cherrim are terrible and outclassed by other sweeping grass types such as Venasaur and Victreebell.
Heatproof Bronzong is a gimmick that is still only neutral to fire. Levitate is generally superior for the free switches and ability to massacre dragons. If you want to cover heavy fire attacks run air balloon Heatran or a bulky water type.

2 questions in 1...

yeah i am going to use venusaur just looking for a speedy sun sweeper and with cherrim's ability thought he could make a good sweeper

Both Executtor and Cherrim are terrible and outclassed by other sweeping grass types such as Venasaur and Victreebell.
Heatproof Bronzong is a gimmick that is still only neutral to fire. Levitate is generally superior for the free switches and ability to massacre dragons. If you want to cover heavy fire attacks run air balloon Heatran or a bulky water type.

I'm making a sandstorm team, but I am having trouble with fighting and ground types. Several of my pokemon have moves that are good on those types but I could really use an excessively bulky pokemon that is not weak to either of the two. (yes I know fighting and ground are good on more types than any other with 5 supereffective hits apeace)

I'm making a sandstorm team, but I am having trouble with fighting and ground types. Several of my pokemon have moves that are good on those types but I could really use an excessively bulky pokemon that is not weak to either of the two. (yes I know fighting and ground are good on more types than any other with 5 supereffective hits apeace)
Celebi could be useful.

Latias and Celebi are both great for sandstorm teams as although they are not immune to sandstorm and really hinders them, they do both have Recovery and help deal with both Terrakion, Conkelldurr and Rain teams.

Hey guys. Do you think that Politoed with the Drizzle ability can help the Rain Team? I've already know that Milotic is one of the best members of the Water Team.

Hey guys. Do you think that Politoed with the Drizzle ability can help the Rain Team? I've already know that Milotic is one of the best members of the Water Team.

Yes, Politoed is a good idea on a Rain team. Even if Magikarp had Drizzle it'd be good on Rain teams.

Yes, Politoed is a good idea on a Rain team. Even if Magikarp had Drizzle it'd be good on Rain teams.

Ok. That's great. But I thought that Politoed and Kyogre are the only two pokemon who can use Drizzle ability. So I thought that Politoed would be the one. Better than to rely on the legendary pokemon.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom