• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Is anyone else upset......

Treemo

Ca-va? Ca-va.
Reaction score
..... that Amity Square only allows "cute" (or what THEY call cute) Pokemon? I mean, seriously, isn't that considered being racist against kinds of Pokemon? I REALLY was hoping that ANY Pokemon was allowed there not just Buneary, Pachirisu, Drifloon, Pikachu, Psyduck, Happiny, and Cleffa. Who shares my opinion? And, if you could bring ANY Pokemon in there, what would it be? I would bring my lvl 100 Absol.

Wish the list was a bit larger, but since there isn't really much to that place I don't particularly mind.

Who shares my opinion?
That guy standing in or near the right-hand gate to Amity Square. =)

On a side note, I reckon there are cute Pokemon that don't appear on that list, and Pokemon who aren't cute that do. I mean, Drifloon?

I don't care. I only went there because I heard it boosts Affection. And because the pokemon can pick up some realoly useful stuff sometimes.

On a side note, I reckon there are cute Pokemon that don't appear on that list, and Pokemon who aren't cute that do. I mean, Drifloon?
I'll have you know that I find Drifloon to be absolutely adorable. Shroomish probably would have made a better argument. :p

And yes, the programmers/sprite makers were being lazy. Obviously, it'd take quite a while to make overworld sprites for every Pokemon, so there'd have to be some limiting factor, but they obviously could have done more. Granted, Amity Square isn't that interesting or useful in the first place unless you like marching around 200 steps at a time in hopes of getting a rare berry.

Aww, come on. My Lil' Floona would cry if she heard you saying that.

Seriously. And.... *inhales* WHY WON'T THEY LET RIOLU IN?! He's the cutest of them all!

I found a random comic somewhere where Riley was trying to sneak his Riolu in, but he taught it Fake Tears so the Lady would let him in. Then there was another pic where Riley brought his Riolu...and his lawyer there. But can you really blame him?

I KNOW!!!!!!!! THOSE DAMN NAZIS!!!!!!!

Godwin's Law invoked for over-the-top comparison to Nazis. Anyway...
Yeah, the developers were lazy. But really, do you really want to make 50-odd overworld sprites for all of the "Cute" pokemon, or would you have taken the lazy way out?

They only used those pokemon who already had overworld sprites.

I'm hoping in the potential third game that they'll expand the list.

I hope so too, but they all weren't over world sprites... unless you can find me a screen shot of a shroomish or torchic in someone's house or town. :p

Amity Square is a really neat idea that could be expanded in the third game. Unless they add attacking sprites (one for S.Attack, P.Attack, and Other) the spriters don't necessarily have much to do. :p

Godwin's Law invoked for over-the-top comparison to Nazis. Anyway...
Yeah, the developers were lazy. But really, do you really want to make 50-odd overworld sprites for all of the "Cute" pokemon, or would you have taken the lazy way out?

Not to mention all the space it would have wasted for more useful things....

lawl, Godwin's law. : P

I hope so too, but they all weren't over world sprites... unless you can find me a screen shot of a shroomish or torchic in someone's house or town. :p
Actually, there *is* a Torchic in one of the houses in the Fight Area. As for Shroomish, I have no idea.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom