• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you play Pokemon using internet challenges!?

Cleffa

The cutest
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the infamous Nuzlocke challenge, but if you aren't I've added a picture for you all to rest your eyes upon. It has the rules. Basically, every time I get a new game I do the Nuzlocke challenge for my first run through, I guess it makes the game a lot more interesting. I've also learnt, from this challenge, not to depend on the starter you receive in the beginning of the game! I find it a fun challenge, I've even earned $450 for doing it!

I've also done the Pidgey challenge, which needs no picture. It speaks for itself. Complete the game using a single Pidgey, you may catch Pokemon to use as HM slaves but that is it. They aren't allowed to fight, only the Pidgey.

Nuzlocke Challenge
nuzlockechallenge.jpg

What challenges do you guys use?! and why?!

Last edited:
Yeah, I Nuzlocke all my games now, though I've yet to win one; everyone always dies near the end! ;_;

I used to do monotype runs a lot too, and still sometimes do them when I'm not Nuzlocking. I don't see the appeal of single-species runs though. Don't think I could ever do one of those.

Yeah, I Nuzlocke all my games now, though I've yet to win one; everyone always dies near the end! ;_;

I used to do monotype runs a lot too, and still sometimes do them when I'm not Nuzlocking. I don't see the appeal of single-species runs though. Don't think I could ever do one of those.

Have you ever had just a Metapod in your team? Hahah, worst thing ever -___-"!!

Single-species annoy me! It's almost impossible if you don't use a HM-slave or have a good species like water n_n;

Should probably mention I ran into my first shiny doing a Nuzlocke challenge, was so committed that I killed it. So sad, hahahahaah. Was a cute little Staryu!!~

Im doing a Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke right now. Also, I am trying to make a comic out of it. Once Im done making the comic, I may even make a comic series from this Nuzlocke series. So far I have only had one death in the family so far, and that was my Zubat.

Im doing a Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke right now. Also, I am trying to make a comic out of it. Once Im done making the comic, I may even make a comic series from this Nuzlocke series. So far I have only had one death in the family so far, and that was my Zubat.

Aah, is it your first Nuzlocke challenge?! Good luck with the rest of it!! xo

Aah, is it your first Nuzlocke challenge?! Good luck with the rest of it!! xo

I've done a nuzlocke. :p It's fun, but I like to just choose my own members

I prefer to not play nuzlocke or any other internet challenge like that, I prefer to just catch whatever and have a rule-less playthrough. (And I don't have the heart to restart any of my games...)But if you count the living Pokedex as an internet challenge...I'm working on my second one. I hope to finish it before the end of this school year...and at this rate, I should. I just realized I just spent the past 6 hours working on my second living Pokedex today o_O

I prefer to not play nuzlocke or any other internet challenge like that, I prefer to just catch whatever and have a rule-less playthrough. (And I don't have the heart to restart any of my games...)But if you count the living Pokedex as an internet challenge...I'm working on my second one. I hope to finish it before the end of this school year...and at this rate, I should. I just realized I just spent the past 6 hours working on my second living Pokedex today o_O

ugh I hate that challenge, purely because some Pokemon are harder to get than others, AND at the end when I go through I'm always missing one n_n;

I've never tried doing a Nuzlocke or monotype run. I wouldn't mind trying for a mono-run; it would probably end up being a team of nothing but Automatons. A Nuzlocke run is a different story.

I honestly couldn't force myself to release a Pokemon if it fainted in battle--I'd probably disqualify the 'Mon and put it in the PC until after the E4. The idea of letting someone go who worked so hard for me but lost a battle just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I'd have to massively overhaul the rules to even attempt one, to be honest. (What can I say? I get attached to those silly blobs of data.)

I want to Nuzlocke White 2 (in Challenge Mode, no less), but I'm really busy in grad school right now. (not to mention, finish all the postgame stuff in Black 2 and focus on breeding).

I once tried a Nuzlocke on my old Crystal version just for kicks. If any of you saw the Awkward Zombie comic on your first Nuzlocke (I believe it was Awkward Zombie, at least...), then you'll know how it went.

If you don't know, my starter died in the first Rival battle against Silver. :<

I'm nuzlocking on my Pokemon FireRed ROM. My only death was my Ratatta from battling Gary Motherfucking Oak. It was the top percentage of ratatta :(

I once tried a Nuzlocke on my old Crystal version just for kicks. If any of you saw the Awkward Zombie comic on your first Nuzlocke (I believe it was Awkward Zombie, at least...), then you'll know how it went.

Hahahah, this made me laugh. Did you restart? x']

No, it was too saddening, lol. 8D; I might try with White 2.

So far, no. I never really liked restrictions.

If ever I'd try it, I'd probably do it on an emulator, not the actual game.

I dare you to try it in conjunction with the game's actual Hard Mode :3

I dare you to try it in conjunction with the game's actual Hard Mode :3

Oh god, that won't end well. 8D; Why not, my game erased itself again. I'll go try!

I've attempted to do Nuzlocke challenges on Emerald and Platinum but I always give up because I'm lazy.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom