• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

FairyRed said:
That's a matter of opinion.
The part about the sequels not being originally planned isn't an opinion. It is pretty obvious that more work would have been put into them had they been planned from the beginning. The fact that they're still more innovative than a third version would have been is beside the point.

I meant the idea of B2W2 being bad or good. D8 Of course it could be better, but I don't think it's bad, despite being unplanned sequels. Didn't mean to phrase it wrong.

Sequels that are actually planned out in advance. None of this, "Oops, we were just going to do a third version, but now we have to do something different. So we're just going half-ass a sequel plot even though the first games were supposed to be open-ended!" nonsense.

Man, you just can't let that go.

Personally, the sequel idea should take the place of the third version from now on. Since we'll get much more new content than the third versions. That's what I want from Gen 6.

But she's right. I don't see what is so wrong with wanting to see a sequel that actually addresses all the plot threads from the original story, as opposed to just a few of them. Despite their new content, you can tell that B2W2 were originally designed to be two third versions.

2 event pokemon
a Level 100 magikarp that knows surf, fly, hydro cannon and hydo pump and an event pikachu that knows SURF and/or not FLY

Thats what i want

No, I'm not letting it go. Unlike some people, I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for Gamefreak's laziness. I'm calling it for what it is: laziness.

If they're going to do sequels again, I want them done right, and not just as an after-thought because they couldn't do third versions this time. I don't care if they're called third versions or sequels, I care about the amount of effort put into them.

I much preferred the 2 sequels thing, I found Platinum a drag, but BW2 kept my intrest. I hope they do this again for Gen VI.

i want more dual type. instead of just reusing the same dual types over and over. if i see another grass/poison combo i think ill scream! i particularly want more ghost dark psychic ice and poison dual types.

No, I'm not letting it go. Unlike some people, I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for Gamefreak's laziness. I'm calling it for what it is: laziness.

If they're going to do sequels again, I want them done right, and not just as an after-thought because they couldn't do third versions this time. I don't care if they're called third versions or sequels, I care about the amount of effort put into them.

Fair enough. Say what you will though, I was thoroughly entertained by BW2 whether or not the laziness was blatant to me. I do wish that the BW player characters could return but breaking the silent protagonist tradition isn't something that a lot of people would like here.

(Though I wouldn't say "Gamefreak" as though the whole company is one person. It kinda looks ridiculous.)

Last edited:

... There are a lot of things you could say about B2W2, but "lazy" really isn't one of them. They wrote a second, almost entirely new storyline and added a buttload of new game features and mechanics, as well as two new gym leaders and multiple new areas. It doesn't matter if sequels weren't originally planned- either way, these games obviously had more effort put into them than an ordinary third version (or dual third versions) would have.

Speaking of sequels, I honestly don't see how a simple 3rd version could possibly be justified in Generation 6, considering its gonna be on the 3DS. DLC could simply add on all the content that a third version would have.

So, they are gonna have to be more innovative, which means that sequels should be planned this time from the start if thats what they wanna do. I also hope that Gen 6 continues to focus on the story more like Gen 5 did.

How I think the Rival's should work:
Your main rival should be someone like Paul from the anime, same kind of attitude. The gender of this Rival would be dependent on your gender, if you are a boy, it will be a boy. If you are a girl, the main rival will be a girl. They will choose the starter weak against yours.
Then your second rival will be a childhood friend, which will be the other Playable character. If you are a boy, it will be a girl. If you are a girl, it will be a boy. They will choose the starter weak to yours.

i want more dual type. instead of just reusing the same dual types over and over. if i see another grass/poison combo i think ill scream! i particularly want more ghost dark psychic ice and poison dual types.

This for sure. With all of the combinations available there really isn't as much variety as there could be. I'd love to see some new interesting match-ups such as Ghost/Ice, Ghost/Grass, Electric/Ice etc.

I may have mentioned it in my previous post, I can't remember, but I hope Gen VI will introduce evolutions to some older Pokemon who really deserve one. Namely Pachirisu, Plusle/Minun, Sharpedo, Banette, Chatot, Spinda, Shuckle... there's too many!

Back
Top Bottom