• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing a pattern with the out of pokeball cute pokemon and the Unova starters

Pikachu beats Serperior
Riolu presumably beats Emboar
Eevee could very well beat Samurott just to complete the pattern.

I don't think Hydreigon is likely belong to any of Ash's known league rivals, rather it most likely belongs to...
A)Some random COTD who Ash or one of his league rivals will easily beat, or...
Why would a random COTD own Hydreigon when it could be given to Kotetsu?

B)The Tobias-like league rival, assuming there is one in this league, who will inevitably beat Ash and win the league, possibly beating Virgil in the finals.
There is nothing that alludes to another Tobias-like rival. Virgil is the one that fits the description.

For One, none of Ash's league rivals save Virgil would be worthy using a Hydreigon and two Virgil can't own a Hydreigon because his enitire lineup only consists of Eevee and its evos. Plus there is no concrete proof Kotetsu owns a Hydreigon whatsoever. I think that if a Tobias-like rival would be unlikely at this point of speculation then Hydreigon will be owned by a COTD where it will be defeated rather easily by Ash or one of his rivals, possibly Virgil.

EDIT:Oh and also when I say Tobias-like rival, im talking someone who doesn't interact with Ash at all until thier fated battle, much less meet him beofre the league.

if there is a hydreigon, i'm quite certain kotetsu owns him. and if ash ever goes up against one, i think his only hope of beating it is by using infernape/ heracross/ snorlax

and a person ash hasent met but ends up fighting is actually quite likely with all the rivals put up against each other so soon. for all we know the quater finals/ semi finals will involve ash and such a person

I don't think Hydreigon is likely belong to any of Ash's known league rivals, rather it most likely belongs to...

B)The Tobias-like league rival, assuming there is one in this league, who will inevitably beat Ash and win the league, possibly beating Virgil in the finals.
There is nothing that alludes to another Tobias-like rival. Virgil is the one that fits the description.

For One, none of Ash's league rivals save Virgil would be worthy using a Hydreigon and two Virgil can't own a Hydreigon because his enitire lineup only consists of Eevee and its evos. Plus there is no concrete proof Kotetsu owns a Hydreigon whatsoever. I think that if a Tobias-like rival would be unlikely at this point of speculation then Hydreigon will be owned by a COTD where it will be defeated rather easily by Ash or one of his rivals, possibly Virgil.

EDIT:Oh and also when I say Tobias-like rival, im talking someone who doesn't interact with Ash at all until thier fated battle, much less meet him beofre the league.

if there is a hydreigon, i'm quite certain kotetsu owns him. and if ash ever goes up against one, i think his only hope of beating it is by using infernape/ heracross/ snorlax

and a person ash hasent met but ends up fighting is actually quite likely with all the rivals put up against each other so soon. for all we know the quater finals/ semi finals will involve ash and such a person
Uhh, hate to break it to ya but Kotetsu's strongest Pokemon has been shown to be Samurott, which most likely eliminates him as a possible candidate to own the Hydreigon. In fact, I would like to think that Bianca or Stephan would be more likely than Kotetsu to own it but they get eliminated rather early so it can't be them either. All signs point to a random or recurring COTD to own it or an actual Tobias-like Rival who shows up only to battle and beat Ash. The more time passes, the more I think it's a COTD that owns the Hydreigon even though I would like a Tobias-like rival to show up with it and curbstomp Ash's Unova team and win the league.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2wpp5ih.jpg

I believe Silktree is referring to this scan.
it says -
Bianca & Emboar: "Before you notice it, she wins with unexpected (?!) strength! Once she is on a roll, her dream of conquering the League comes within reach!"

.....People actually took that Pokemon Fan throwaway line seriously? This is the same magazine that referred to Doryuuzu VS. Ononokusu as a "Revenge" battle when it wasn't even the main focus of the episode.

Am I the only one not surprised nor bothered by Bel going out early? She was never shown to be a serious rival.
That doesn't excuse Pokémon Fan wrongly implying that she would become a force to reckon with. Many of us were hoping that she would do well since she is the only rival that had some measure of actual development.

Except Bel as a trainer has never been anything super impressive in my opinion, true she's improved. But she's hardly gotten any character development, I mean in her daddy's debut episode isn't really focused on her changing, more so her trying to prove herself competent enough to go on a journey. Sure she failed but at the end of the day Satoshi-Tachi proved that for her, later on in her appearances she was shown to be a bit more smarter with using Chillarmy's Thunderbolt as a way of luring away the Denchura, Live Caster bait, and that Swift-ing of the Oran Berry tree. But that's hardly any development, it's more so her just improving as a trainer. Only other time where we got to see her use an innovative tactic is with Emboar's Fling, she managed to beat Langley and overpower Kirikizan with Emboar's dual-advantage. Plus you have to remember this is the same girl who started freaking out over Kenyan's Dageki dodging.

I haven't seen the episode where she gets her Chevargo yet, so I can't speak for whether or not any development occurred in that episode. But Bel still hasn't come off as anything super impressive, her win over Shooti in the Donamite didn't speak well for me either since it seemed a little over the line for Shooti's Fighting-type to fall so easily to a few Rock and Dark-type moves. If anything, I hope before she is potentially eliminated we get to see her with a cool win under her belt.

I'm still hoping Riolu is the one who finishes Emboar off if Kotetsu wins, mainly because I love how the battle has a mice VS. man vibe with Riolu facing off against that huge boar and seemingly sending it flying. It would be a cool throwback to Riolu being natural athletes and having amazing stamina and strength.

Hopefully we get a cool win from Chevargo as well as see a new Pokemon that Bel has. I'm tired of Emboar in-general.

My hopeful match-up for this is:

Chevargo VS. (Something new from Kotetsu) Chevargo
Chevargo VS. Daikenki Daikenki
Chillacino(or something new) VS. Daikenki Daikenki
Daikenki VS. Emboar Emboar
Riolu VS. Emboar Riolu

Eevee could very well beat Samurott just to complete the pattern.
I highly doubt that Kotetsu and Virgil are going to battle, as that would leave Ash with just three major opponents.

Then perhaps Oshawott can beat Samurott? :p

Also, it's possible this Hydreigon doesn't even belong to a league trainer and instead makes a minor appearance in a scene showing events happening elsewhere, like we would get with Team Rocket setting up their plans, that'll eventually lead into something post-league. I honestly can't see it on any of the league trainers we already know, and I don't think they'd have it show up on someone else only to be beat when they've shown its species to be as strong as Dragonite already... but we'll see.

Upon looking on the upcoming matches and who's facing who....I remembered something I said a long, long, time ago in Bianca's debut....

HerpDerp.png

Past me-"Man, I bet Bianca's gonna be the one to beat Ash in the league."

34.png

Past me is goddamn idiot.

But how how can you say that Kotetsu (or Bianca for that matter) isn't worthy of owning a Hydreigon if you also think it could just be easily defeated by Ash or one of the rivals?

Oh and also when I say Tobias-like rival, im talking someone who doesn't interact with Ash at all until thier fated battle, much less meet him beofre the league.
Tobias was still mentioned by Barry in the first league episode, and he had been alluded to by official sources for months.

Upon looking on the upcoming matches and who's facing who....I remembered something I said a long, long, time ago in Bianca's debut....

HerpDerp.png

Past me-"Man, I bet Bianca's gonna be the one to beat Ash in the league."

34.png

Past me is goddamn idiot.

As for me

Past me-Man I'm sure Trip will come back at the league in a full battle with tons of good pokemon!

Past me is an idiot

Last edited by a moderator:
But how how can you say that Kotetsu (or Bianca for that matter) isn't worthy of owning a Hydreigon if you also think it could just be easily defeated by Ash or one of the rivals?

Oh and also when I say Tobias-like rival, im talking someone who doesn't interact with Ash at all until thier fated battle, much less meet him beofre the league.
Tobias was still mentioned by Barry in the first league episode, and he had been alluded to by official sources for months.

Well it seems your prediction may be right, no prior claim to it but a recent full title reveal tells me Kotetsu is the one to use the Hydreigon. In any case this still means Ash will win and most likely lose to Virgil. In any case it was merely a lucky prediction on your part, though the possibility of a Tobias-like rival being highly likely at that point may have been out of the question, I just couldn't see Kotetsu or anyone else using a Hydreigon there but I digress. Half the fun is guessing wildly during speculation and finding out your prediction somehow came true.

Based on the scan that announced the titles for BW106 and BW107, it seems very likely that Kotetsu's opponent in the first preliminary round will be using an Eelektross.

View attachment 81757

Based on the scan that announced the titles for BW106 and BW107, it seems very likely that Kotetsu's opponent in the first preliminary round will be using an Eelektross.

View attachment 81757
All of my lulz for the Emboar and Riolu scan.

Also, it seems a Pignite is using Flame Charge against Hydreigon.

Anw, Ash will battle against the Hydreigon's trainer, if I'm not wrong. My hopes that it belongs to Kotetsu keeps growing.

-edit-

Come to think on it, maybe Pignite will finally learn a fighting-move to counter Hydreigon, or evolve, or both. :T

Last edited:

View attachment 81757

Anw, Ash will battle against the Hydreigon's trainer, if I'm not wrong. My hopes that it belongs to Kotetsu keeps growing.

-edit-

Come to think on it, maybe Pignite will finally learn a fighting-move to counter Hydreigon, or evolve, or both. :T

well congratulations MF oak hydreigon IS kotetsu's pokemon

View attachment 81757

-edit-

well congratulations MF oak hydreigon IS kotetsu's pokemon
Yes, I saw it minutes ago here. Hope Pignite will learn a fighting-type move, finally.

Uhh, hate to break it to ya but Kotetsu's strongest Pokemon has been shown to be Samurott, which most likely eliminates him as a possible candidate to own the Hydreigon. In fact, I would like to think that Bianca or Stephan would be more likely than Kotetsu to own it but they get eliminated rather early so it can't be them either. All signs point to a random or recurring COTD to own it or an actual Tobias-like Rival who shows up only to battle and beat Ash. The more time passes, the more I think it's a COTD that owns the Hydreigon even though I would like a Tobias-like rival to show up with it and curbstomp Ash's Unova team and win the league.

well, bw 107 Satoshi Vs Kotetsu! Secret Weapon Sazandra

seems even more likely kotetsu owns it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom