• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legendary Pokemon Discussion

I also wouldn't be surprised if there's some Legendary that references the 3D aspect of the game (as in pop-out 3D, not simply polygons).

I was thinking some sort of Bug Legendary that's a butterfly/spider with blue and red wings referencing the old glasses. It'd basically use its string to travel between parallel dimensions, "popping out of them", but it itself would be the Singularity Pokemon...only one exists in all the dimensions.

EDIT: OH! Wait, I wonder if Xerneas and Yveltal being Blue and Red is supposed to reference the old 3D glasses too?

As for me, I still really want to see Kyruem/Rerisham/Zerkrom's Original Forme. You can sort of piece together what it probably looked like by combining White Kyurem and Black Kyurem in your head, but I want the real-deal to show up.

I really should not be getting my hopes up after last Gen, but maybe... maybe if Game Freak really are planning to introduce a new typing, (mystic/magic/arcane/fairy or whatever) then perhaps thats why the dragon was not revealed last Gen. They had a new typing in the works, but didn't want to introduce it till a better time.

I can actually see a new typing advertised by the mascots this gen, so if Pokemon Z were a dragon then they could go this route. Not getting my hopes up, not even for a new typing, but I would love it if this actually happened.

As for me, I still really want to see Kyruem/Rerisham/Zerkrom's Original Forme. You can sort of piece together what it probably looked like by combining White Kyurem and Black Kyurem in your head, but I want the real-deal to show up.

Why would they want to re-fuse, though? I mean, the reason why the Original dragon split was because of the brothers having different ideas, which their sons continued to have a fight over, that eventually led to Reshiram and Zekrom destroying Unova and to later disappear altogether. Now, Reshiram and Zekrom both search for a Trainer that believes in truth and ideals, respectively, and doesn't seem interested in fusing together with the other to find a person that believes in both (or doesn't believe in either of them or sees it all differently etc). Kyurem wants to fill its body with either truth or ideals, so I get the feeling of not wanting to be one there either, but I don't know.

With Kyurem's fusions, I kind of get the feeling the Original dragon wont happen, because Kyurem already appears to become a partial Original dragon together with Reshiram/Zekrom already. If they would let us get the Original dragon, the individual Kyurem fusions would become obsolete, or at least partly, and going all the way into designing Black and White Kyurem and creating the DNA Splicers, plus featuring them in M15 and creating a ton of merchandise etc wouldn't exactly be fair to them I think.

I agree, I'd love to see them use the Grass/Fire/Water triangle for Legendaries. I could actually see Xerneas being Grass, and Yveltal being Fire, with the speculated "serpentine Z Legendary" being Water.

The other day I also had an idea for a Legendary Trio, based off classic Universal Monsters (I've been watching Kamen Rider Kiva, so that's why), and they were Grass, Fire, and Water too...

* Grass/Dark Werewolf. Basically its "fur" is really dark, green bushes, and it'd have other little dead plants covering its body.
* Fire/Dark Vampire. Classic vampire, but it'd have flames and a red/black color design, so it'd also look rather devilish.
* Water/Dark Gillman. Creature from the Black Lagoon. Typing is self-explanatory.

And Pokemon W could be an Electric Type!
Seriously, why would Pokemon only use Pokemon Z? If they had both versions, they would make a lot more money.

Why would they want to re-fuse, though? I mean, the reason why the Original dragon split was because of the brothers having different ideas, which their sons continued to have a fight over, that eventually led to Reshiram and Zekrom destroying Unova and to later disappear altogether. Now, Reshiram and Zekrom both search for a Trainer that believes in truth and ideals, respectively, and doesn't seem interested in fusing together with the other to find a person that believes in both (or doesn't believe in either of them or sees it all differently etc). Kyurem wants to fill its body with either truth or ideals, so I get the feeling of not wanting to be one there either, but I don't know.

With Kyurem's fusions, I kind of get the feeling the Original dragon wont happen, because Kyurem already appears to become a partial Original dragon together with Reshiram/Zekrom already. If they would let us get the Original dragon, the individual Kyurem fusions would become obsolete, or at least partly, and going all the way into designing Black and White Kyurem and creating the DNA Splicers, plus featuring them in M15 and creating a ton of merchandise etc wouldn't exactly be fair to them I think.

There's a bit of trivia related to that, in the Japanese version Kyurem's Pokedex entry states it wants to be filled with both truth and ideals rather then either (and unlike most cases, the term used for "and" was exclusive to it) which does make a bit more sense since it'd probably want to be reformed completely rather then partially. It's possible a reason for the change could be that they wanted it to match the current situation of Kyurem and its forms but I'm just playing around with the given information.

There are ways they could keep both forms relevant while still having it such as having the OD be its own Pokemon or as El suggested using a unique typing for it.

Last edited:

There's a bit of trivia related to that, in the Japanese version Kyurem's Pokedex entry states it wants to be filled with both truth and ideals rather then either (and unlike most cases, the term used for "and" was exclusive to it) which does make a bit more sense since it'd probably want to be reformed completely rather then partially. It's possible a reason for the change could be that they wanted it to match the current situation of Kyurem and its forms but I'm just playing around with the given information.

There are ways they could keep both forms relevant while still having it such as having the OD be its own Pokemon or as El suggested using a unique typing for it.

Ah, okey, I didn't know that. I guess Kyurem wants to reform into one single dragon then, but since that original body split into Reshiram and Zekrom, and neither of them wanting to become a single body again (as I see it, anyway), it can only fuse together with one of them at a time. As Kyurem is the "corpse", it only makes sense for it to wish to be one again, so it can be complete and powerful again and not having to walk around in some sort of weak, leftover body.

I guess making the OD a separate species could work, but since there is only one Tao trio, I don't know how that would work in the end.

I agree, I'd love to see them use the Grass/Fire/Water triangle for Legendaries. I could actually see Xerneas being Grass, and Yveltal being Fire, with the speculated "serpentine Z Legendary" being Water.

Nice idea. The Grass/Fire/Water triangle shall be for the legendaries. We do have starters and Elemental Monkeys based on Grass/Fire/Water triangle theory, but that's not enough.

I like the idea of a Dragon/Griffin/Pegasus 580-BST trio (not my idea, saw it somewhere). They could be Dark/Flying, Fighting/Flying and Psychic/Flying respectively. 'Cause, you know, European mythical creatures are cool.

I guess making the OD a separate species could work, but since there is only one Tao trio, I don't know how that would work in the end.

I suppose that they would simply explain that the entity that founded Unova wasn't the only member of its species.

In the discussion thread for new type ideas I was mulling over the idea of Greek mythos being the basis for Xerneas and Yveltal, which in themselves have slight Mediterranean naming rules like the zed sounding X, and basing it off of another type thrown about, what if the basis for the duo is not Artemis and Apollo or the norse gods, but something that goes even further, and utilizes the new type:
The Pokemon are based off of Aether and Erebus, the Greek Primordial Deities of light and darkness. Ah you might say, but light time is the most used new type thing, and we're sick of it. But you see, Aether might be light, and the aether element might include light, but it is not light itself, but the stuff floating around Earth that includes light. The Pokemon could work as such, and it could be a very subtle curveball. Thoughts?
Erebus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aether (mythology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back when I was speculating in the summer about an Africa-based Region, I had an idea for a trio of Legendaries that would be kind of an interesting twist on the idea of Legendary Pokemon being equivalent to Gods...they'd be worshiped like Gods, but would their existence is actually derived from people believing in them, so they're actually quite jealous, petty, and somewhat antagonistic as well, you know, like how some writers and philosophers have portrayed the Abrahamic God.

Anyway, they were Egyptian-themed, and the idea for a Grass/Fire/Water Trio. They'd also have two forms each, a "Benevolent Form", which is how they'd appear when they're being properly worshiped and are satisfied (I didn't think of this back then, but it'll fit my Fairy-type speculation as well), and a "Wrath Form", which is how they'd appear when they're angry or jealous, punishing those who disrupt their worship, as well as regularly displaying their power to cause fear so their followers will worship them.

So, they'd either be Grass/Fairy, Fire/Fairy, and Water/Fairy
or
they'd instead be Grass/Dark, Fire/Dark, and Water/Dark

Not really sure how they'd incorporate that into Gameplay, but I was thinking perhaps you'd actually be able to obtain BOTH form separately or something, with the idea being that both of their forms simultaneously exist despite being one-in-the same.

Anyway, the Benevolent Forms are super-cute, kind of like little starters, resembling little angels. Water's a crocodile, based on Sobek, Fire is a feline, based on Sekhmet, and Grass was a peacock creature, based off Geb, although they aren't exact match-ups to the Gods in terms of their actual roles, more or less just inspiring their designs. The Wrath Forms are the same type of animals, but far more animalistic and larger, all of them also featuring a mask-like "second face" somewhere on their body.

Back when I was speculating in the summer about an Africa-based Region, I had an idea for a trio of Legendaries that would be kind of an interesting twist on the idea of Legendary Pokemon being equivalent to Gods...

that's kind of an awesome idea :)

I think Yvetal will be a dark/dragon type,Or a dark/flying type
For xerneas it will possibly be a psychic/fighting

The mascots have unique typings as of their introductions lately. Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga, Giratina and Kyurem. I think Yveltal and Xerneas will surprise us.

The Pokemon are based off of Aether and Erebus, the Greek Primordial Deities of light and darkness. Ah you might say, but light time is the most used new type thing, and we're sick of it. But you see, Aether might be light, and the aether element might include light, but it is not light itself, but the stuff floating around Earth that includes light. The Pokemon could work as such, and it could be a very subtle curveball. Thoughts?
That's exactly the reason why Aether could fit Yveltal just as well as it could Xerneas. If anything, Yveltal has more to do with the pure upper air of the "heavens" than Xerneas does.

Groudon and Kyogre are the only (legendary) version mascots that don't share a type, and it is probably not a coincidence that they only have one type each. If a new type were introduced, I would think that it would be given to both Xerneas and Yveltal. I wouldn't be sure about Yveltal having Dark as one of its types, especially as Dark/Flying has been done twice before.

As for the legendaries' real-life origin, I am not really interested in that, if to be honest. I doubt that it will be a factor in their story, and I prefer it when Game Freak try to be original.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom