• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

As for Pokemon, I would like to see at least one more Evee-evolution. I haven't been keeping up with the updates, but I heard they made a new normal type evolution. I would like to see at least one more since they normally come in pairs.

I'm pretty sick of hearing this, personally. If there was ever going to be a second new Eeveeution, they would have revealed it along side Sylveon, just as they have done before. Sylveon was also only unveiled because of the Pikachu short of that damn movie coming out, which focuses on all of the current Eeveeutions. If there were really going to be two new Eevees, they would have revealed both for the new short, not just one.

I understand where you are coming from. Still, it would be interesting to have a pokemon that can evolve into all the types.

There's nothing stopping Eevee at this point in having an evolution of every type. Unless GameFreak suddenly stopped with the Eeveelutions, the only other way Eevee won't reach the goal of having an evolution for every type would be if, God forbid, Pokemon was finished before Eevee had an evolution of every type.

I do not believe Generation VI will bring us a second Eeveelution, as it's my belief it would have been revealed and placed into the Pikachu short along with Sylveon. I'm sure Gamefreak would have liked to see all new Eeveelutions feature in the Pikachu short, as opposed to having one left out.

As for Pokemon, I would like to see at least one more Evee-evolution. I haven't been keeping up with the updates, but I heard they made a new normal type evolution. I would like to see at least one more since they normally come in pairs.

I'm pretty sick of hearing this, personally. If there was ever going to be a second new Eeveeution, they would have revealed it along side Sylveon, just as they have done before. Sylveon was also only unveiled because of the Pikachu short of that damn movie coming out, which focuses on all of the current Eeveeutions. If there were really going to be two new Eevees, they would have revealed both for the new short, not just one.

I 100% agree with what your saying but keep in mind that there is an Unevolved Eevee in the Short who could possibly evolve into a New Eeveelution and they might just want to keep it a secret until the short airs. That or another likely possibility is that prehaps Virgil's Eevee (who is coincidentally female) is the one in Short and Sylveon (who is speculated to be a female only Evolution for Eevee) maybe is trying to help it evolve into well another Sylveon and this does make sense considering that in the second preview of the short Sylveon is showing off it's power's maybe to show Virgil's Eevee this is what it would be like if you evolved into a Sylveon.

There's one other thing I just remembered. I'd like to see more, or rather a proper return of, more Pokemon being exclusive to certain times of the day.

GSC did this very well, with how some Pokemon would only appear during the day or at night. Like how Ledyba could only be encountered in mornings, or how Pidgey would be replaced by Hoothoot during the night. It made things seem more realistic and natural, and utilized the games' built-in time well. But ever since Gen III, they seem to be doing this less and less often. It's still there though, some Pokemon still only appear during certain times, but it's certainly not as frequent of a thing as how GSC did it. Now it's either just lower or higher percentages of encounter rates, but not enough to be that significant, or simply no difference at all. It's something I kind of miss seeing.

Granted I doubt GF will bring it back, but you never know. Gen IV's time was certainly a major improvement compared to Gen III's...

I disagree. True that it was cool, realisitic, and made good use of the time feature, but it generally annoyed me. For example, when I first started out on SS, I wanted to use a Hoothoot on my first runthrough, but after I got to a certain point, I didn't want to continue before catching it. However due to the mechanic, I hate to wait till night to catch Hoothoot before I could carry on. Call me boring, but I don't think time or season should affect encounter rate at all, I would like it so all pokemon are simply available at all times.

The seasons didn't really utilize Pokemon encounter rate anyway. The majority of routes contained the same Pokemon and just about same encounter rates for about every season. It was mainly just winter that showed a change in availability, and even then, usually only in the later routes.

But I do get the point you're making. Yes I admit that it was also a little annoying in some cases, mostly with morning Pokemon and I myself am simply not a morning person. But it was a neat mechanic from GSC that I certainly miss seeing. Besides, the games still have certain events that only occur at certain periods of time. They still have that kind of mechanic to an extent. You'll still be waiting for something regardless.

I 100% agree with what your saying but keep in mind that there is an Unevolved Eevee in the Short who could possibly evolve into a New Eeveelution and they might just want to keep it a secret until the short airs. That or another likely possibility is that prehaps Virgil's Eevee (who is coincidentally female) is the one in Short and Sylveon (who is speculated to be a female only Evolution for Eevee) maybe is trying to help it evolve into well another Sylveon and this does make sense considering that in the second preview of the short Sylveon is showing off it's power's maybe to show Virgil's Eevee this is what it would be like if you evolved into a Sylveon.

What makes you think the Eevee will evolve just because? They're mainly including it there for completion sake. Unevolved or not, Eevee is still part of the Eeveeution line.

Sylveon (who is speculated to be a female only Evolution for Eevee)
Now there's a speculation I haven't heard before. Previous Eeveelutions debuted in pairs already (each pair having a particular evolution method), it kinda makes sense that should there be two new Eeveelutions coming out and not just one, male/female seems like a reasonable split. But remember that where evolution mechanics are concerned gender is a constraint, not a trigger ... Eevolution is triggered (in 4 of 7 documented cases) by levelling up, it's the secondary factors that dictate how. If we are to be looking at a gender-specific Eeveelution then what other constraint may it need to keep it logical and predictable? And something you can't necessarily just get a few levels after hatching the Egg.

And on a completely different note ....

I want the ability to decide what type of Ball a newly hatched Pokemon goes into. Pokemon Eggs are not(?) kept in Poke Balls themselves, so who provides that Ball? If Shedinja requires a Poke Ball from YOUR inventory then maybe Eggs should too. E.g:
- An Egg will not hatch without a spare Ball (and something other than a Master Ball) in your inventory. You can still incubate it until it's ready, it just won't actually hatch if you don't have a Ball to keep it in.
- When it hatches, you're prompted to select what kind of Ball to place it in. Or it uses the first "available" ball of any (non-Master Ball) kind.

There's one other thing I just remembered. I'd like to see more, or rather a proper return of, more Pokemon being exclusive to certain times of the day.

GSC did this very well, with how some Pokemon would only appear during the day or at night. Like how Ledyba could only be encountered in mornings, or how Pidgey would be replaced by Hoothoot during the night. It made things seem more realistic and natural, and utilized the games' built-in time well. But ever since Gen III, they seem to be doing this less and less often. It's still there though, some Pokemon still only appear during certain times, but it's certainly not as frequent of a thing as how GSC did it. Now it's either just lower or higher percentages of encounter rates, but not enough to be that significant, or simply no difference at all. It's something I kind of miss seeing.

Granted I doubt GF will bring it back, but you never know. Gen IV's time was certainly a major improvement compared to Gen III's...

I disagree. True that it was cool, realisitic, and made good use of the time feature, but it generally annoyed me. For example, when I first started out on SS, I wanted to use a Hoothoot on my first runthrough, but after I got to a certain point, I didn't want to continue before catching it. However due to the mechanic, I hate to wait till night to catch Hoothoot before I could carry on. Call me boring, but I don't think time or season should affect encounter rate at all, I would like it so all pokemon are simply available at all times.

The seasons didn't really utilize Pokemon encounter rate anyway. The majority of routes contained the same Pokemon and just about same encounter rates for about every season. It was mainly just winter that showed a change in availability, and even then, usually only in the later routes.

But I do get the point you're making. Yes I admit that it was also a little annoying in some cases, mostly with morning Pokemon and I myself am simply not a morning person. But it was a neat mechanic from GSC that I certainly miss seeing. Besides, the games still have certain events that only occur at certain periods of time. They still have that kind of mechanic to an extent. You'll still be waiting for something regardless.

What makes you think the Eevee will evolve just because? They're mainly including it there for completion sake. Unevolved or not, Eevee is still part of the Eeveeution line.

I never said the Eevee would evolve just because it was just an idea that's why I said possibly. I still don't think the second idea is as far fetched and honestly is better than some of the other idea's I've seen around.

I want another thing like eevee rather ANOTHER form for eevee. Like a steel type thing evolves into different forms with different elemental weapons. Hey maybe even two of things like eevee.

I get that but I didn't like it in Sinnoh when I was running to the same pokemon up until Jubelife City. And in BW, those patrat, pidoves and whatever else was annoying when my first three hours of game play was done.

And Jubilife City wasn't even the first Gym. But yeah, GF can't win 'em all, there will always be those hate-at-first-sight Mons (for me, Rattata) and the ones that you don't mind butget tired of seeing over and over again.

For me it was Basculen in Black(2) and White(2).
Argh, Basculin . . . I don't hate them, but you're right that you do not want to underestimate these guys. They are most definitely NOT the Unova equivalent of Magikarp....

Of course, that's the part where I love Chinchou/Lanturn: Like an old strategy guide once said, you can use one to Surf across bodies of water AND smite absolutely every Water Pokemon that dares to cross your path. So as type combinations go, Water+Electric is totally made of win.

Now that y'all mention it, I do kinda wish for the feature of Pokemon appearing at certain times of the day and not at others to be brought back. I understand that it's inconvenient sometimes, but I found it to be much more realistic.

And I just wanted to put my two cents into the Sylveon gender evolution thing. Personally, I don't believe it will be female only. You probably already know the first reason (many Pokemon that may look feminine/masculine are not only one gender) so I'll just move on.

I don't think that Vigil's female Eevee, (which is generally speculated to evolve into Sylveon at some point) is a very good hint that only females will evolve into Sylveon. From what I understand, this is believed because this Eevee was specifically made female, when female Eevee are rare in game. But think about other Pokemon who've had this happen to them. Specifically Luke's Zorua. This one was specifically made female, yet male Zorua are still more likely. Plus there was also the female Zoroark in the movie (but she was a mother, so I won't count her). Also, I find that in the anime, feminine looking Pokemon are normally made female (ex. Chikorita, Togekiss, Mawile, Buneary), so it doesn't shock me too much that Virgil's was a girl. If it evolves into Sylveon, it'll just be continuing the trait of feminine looking Pokemon being female.

That said, Eevee seems to be thought of as a girly Pokemon in general. In the Mystery Dungeon Series, only by choosing that you are a girl do you even get to play as one (whereas even Skitty can be male, which is arguably more girly than Eevee). Yet they are still 87% male. (For this reason, I still don't know why Eevee aren't 75% female-25% male).

And finally, I just find it strange that this one Eeveelution would only be obtained by females. Since there was no other Eeveelution revealed, I doubt there will be a more masculine looking one to balance it out appearing sometime later on. It's not even an issue that it would be harder to get Sylveon if it's female only, it's just that it seems weird that it would be when none of the others are.

I'm not saying that Sylveon being all female is impossible, I just find it unlikely.

That said, Eevee seems to be thought of as a girly Pokemon in general. In the Mystery Dungeon Series, only by choosing that you are a girl do you even get to play as one (whereas even Skitty can be male, which is arguably more girly than Eevee). Yet they are still 87% male. (For this reason, I still don't know why Eevee aren't 75% female-25% male).
IMHO that is an in-game rule and not a setting rule. If you want to introduce egg moves into a given species you NEED a female of that species.

Hmm ... I think I need to make another post in the headcanon discussion....

I have to say I want Pokemon to show up depending on what time of the day it is. I also want another nice plotline to the story that has a lot of meaning to it, like Team Plasma. Team Galatic was nice, but I don't really understand why they did all those stuff in the games.
I also want there to be a female rival for once- Bianca wasn't much for me. She reminds me too much of the DP rival, and the idea annoys me. Like Silver or Gary, I hope for her to be either mean or seriously annoying and make you actually want to battle her. If there's a male, I hope we can at least name him.
If the game were turned into a manga, I also hope that the characters will be named after the games: X and Y. Even though that sounds silly, there's N, who, was named after an alphabet in the animation, the manga, and the games.
There's not much more that I can ask for.

IMHO that is an in-game rule and not a setting rule. If you want to introduce egg moves into a given species you NEED a female of that species.

Sorry, but I don't really get what you were saying~ ^^' Were you disagreeing or...? (Sorry for my slowness).

You wondered about the 7-to-1 gender ratio.

First, when you breed Pokemon, it's the mother who determines the species of the baby. If you don't have a female, you can't breed more of that species (without a Ditto).

Second, if you want a baby Pokemon with exclusive egg moves, you need a female of that species (see above point) and a father who knows the desired move. If you only have a male and a Ditto, the baby will only get the move if the father knows it already.

First, when you breed Pokemon, it's the mother who determines the species of the baby. If you don't have a female, you can't breed more of that species (without a Ditto).

Second, if you want a baby Pokemon with exclusive egg moves, you need a female of that species (see above point) and a father who knows the desired move. If you only have a male and a Ditto, the baby will only get the move if the father knows it already.

This is probably getting off topic, but still, I'm sorry, I don't really follow. I know that stuff, yes, but what I was wondering was why Eevee was not more often female than male since it seems to be thought of a more girly than masculine by GAME FREAK themselves. I wasn't questioning the 7/1 ratio in a breeding sense.

This is probably getting off topic, but still, I'm sorry, I don't really follow. I know that stuff, yes, but what I was wondering was why Eevee was not more often female than male since it seems to be thought of a more girly than masculine by GAME FREAK themselves. I wasn't questioning the 7/1 ratio in a breeding sense.

Because it's most likely an attempt to keep it in that rare status. Smaller chances of being female means it won't be bred as easily, and the chances of breeding a perfect one will be even lesser. It's the same with the starter Pokemon and other Pokemon that GF seem to classify as 'rare'. I don't really it is a case over appearances, but simply an attempt of keeping a status.

In the next game, I want to find some really cool pokemon when starting out on the routes instead of waiting until after the second or third gym to find some really cool and cute pokemon to train for your future party.
That is, of course, subjective.
- In Gold, once I had a Hoothoot on my team he more or less stayed there.
- In Platinum, I've never taken that first Shinx off my team.
- In W2, I picked up a Riolu as soon as possible and kept him on my team until near the end when I picked up a Mienfoo.

I understand that. But in BW, you don't get to the good pokemon until you reach the second to third town. And in Sinnoh, there was a lot of pidove, that I got bored playing it for only a few hours.

I agree. Ralts found early in RSE was a really good feature. I want useful pokemons appearing early again. Useful saying, pokemon that I'd absolutely capture.

Because it's most likely an attempt to keep it in that rare status. Smaller chances of being female means it won't be bred as easily, and the chances of breeding a perfect one will be even lesser. It's the same with the starter Pokemon and other Pokemon that GF seem to classify as 'rare'. I don't really it is a case over appearances, but simply an attempt of keeping a status.

Ahh, I see, that makes sense.

I would like to see a really nice story to it. Full of ups and downs. Both epic and sad moments that really give you feels. It would be cool if there was a girl rival for once, not like Bianca, but maybe kind of like Cynthia, in rival form. A complete badass of a girl character who has a strong team of Pokemon that you shouldn't underestimate. Of course to make this even better, you need an awesome soundtrack. Pokemon usually has some pretty sweet music and I'm looking forward to what they do with the X and Y soundtrack. I'd like to see more music like N's Farewell theme for sad moments. Also more happy music like the music that plays in Sunnyshore City in Platinum.

I'd also like to see new type combinations such as Psychic/Dark or Flying/Fighting. Also I'm hoping the Pseudo-Legendary of X & Y (assuming there will be one) isn't another Dragon type. Don't get me wrong, I like Dragon types but give it a break. Finally I'd like to say, keep the pre-evos and evos of old pokemon at a minimum, especially pre-evos. They are cute, but mostly lame and useless if you ask me, and are just filler because of the lack of creativity in my opinion.

I have some other ideas but they are minor things, I'll just end this by saying I hope they don't mess it up.

Isamu's explanation is better then. Starters, fossils, gifts (Eevee, Riolu, Zorua), pretty much all of them have the same 7-to-1 ratio.

A kid prodigy as a professor. It's never happened before and by now I just want to see that.

An Angel Pokemon and a Devil Pokemon.

And last but not least a cameo of the Kanto, Jotho, Hoenn and Sinnoh elite four.

If there's a male, I hope we can at least name him.
If the game were turned into a manga, I also hope that the characters will be named after the games: X and Y. Even though that sounds silly, there's N, who, was named after an alphabet in the animation, the manga, and the games.
There's not much more that I can ask for.
You can name the rival in every game. Remember all of those memes that say "So my son's name is DOUCHEBAG?"

Back
Top Bottom