• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

Honestly I think the crossbreeds idea is something I'd really like to see happen. It sounds really interesting I think they should keep intoducing new breeding mechanics to keep things interesting. I think it could be only a few Pokemon you could get this way( 2-4 sounds like a good number to start)

Adding on to the "crossbreeding" idea, there would probably be about 4-10 Pokemon that would be exclusive to the method. Maybe a human-like Pokemon and a bull-like Pokemon (probably Tauros or Bouffalant) could crossbreed into a minotaur, and a technology-based Pokemon and the same human-like Pokemon mentioned before could crossbreed into a cyborg.

Adding on to the "crossbreeding" idea, there would probably be about 4-10 Pokemon that would be exclusive to the method. Maybe a human-like Pokemon and a bull-like Pokemon (probably Tauros or Bouffalant) could crossbreed into a minotaur, and a technology-based Pokemon and the same human-like Pokemon mentioned before could crossbreed into a cyborg.
I'm not sure they'd want to introduce bestiality into the series.

I'm not sure they'd want to introduce bestiality into the series.
I didn't think of that. Thanks for putting the image of Gardevoir and Bouffalant going at it in my head.

Other than real-life cross breeds, I'd prefer things like Chimeras or Gryphons since they're supposed to be a cross between two animals.

Honestly, I remember suggesting this idea back in Gen IV and everyone was so opposed to the idea. I definitely like how the Gen VI fandom seems more progressive with at least considering the possibility rather than outright shutting it down because its "too much like Digimon" without giving it much thought.

Hmmmm maybe this is the scoop of the century. I mean, what better generation to showcase hybrid Pokemon than the one that has a genetics theme?

Last edited:
I'd like a feature similar to the one in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, where you can take photos any time no matter what you're doing. It would be really handy for making blogs about walkthroughs or challenge runs. But it doesn't seem all that likely now though, given they've told us about these Photo Spots :(

I know this is extremely unlikely but i want them to combine the walking pokemon idea with character customisation so when certain pokemon are in your party you can have them appear on your character. It would be so funny to walk around with honedge on your belt and chatot or archen on your shoulder like a pirate.

Oh boy, there's quite a bit to cover. Here goes!

• [*=1] I wish there was more to do at the end of the game - And this happens pretty commonly in Pokemon games, too. In fact, I don't think I've really had anything that fun to do ever since...probably Gen 3, since the Battle Frontier at the time was amazing, and had their own unique touch, things of that nature. I'm not asking for an entire sidequest or anything when we beat the elite four, but at least something that would keep the players stuck to the games instead of just putting it down right after they play it. A good example of this is B/W, in which I found the Battle Subway an utterly horrible attempt at replay value. There's only so many battles you can go through with the battle subway before the entire thing gets stale, and let's face it, the concept is pretty bad anyway since it's the only thing you get to do after you complete the game in B/W. Perhaps I'm being too picky with this, but something to add to replay value would be nice, that's all.

• Berries - I'm not sure whether or not berries are going to be able to be grown again in places that are not Dream World, but I hope that this makes a comeback. :\ I have no idea why GF made the turn to somehow make berries into a "virtual online world only" kind of thing, instead of just making it easier on the player and letting them grow their own berries in-game. But whatever.

• Have a set difficulty level - This is where I feel BW2 did an excellent job, but it can definitely use a bit of work. I want X/Y to have a bit more flexibility with this, I suppose. Instead of interacting with the opposite game in order to unlock other difficulties, why not just have them available when you beat the game? Start off the game at normal difficulty, and when you complete it, either set it at Easy or Hard (and I still want a "Champion"-level difficulty, which is pretty much the highest level.

• Have the game actually recognize that you're the region's Champion for ONCE - Too many times, in every single Pokemon game, there's some sort of brief scene in which you're redirected into your room, and your mother acknowledges you as the champion, or maybe your father (in the case of Pokemon Emerald)...but no one else? At least have some challengers of your own or something. I mean, I'm not asking for the former region's Champion to stop existing or something, but still...

• Having Secret Bases Again - Pretty self-explanatory, this was a really fun feature back in R/S/E that I feel should be brought back again. Also, why not share your secret bases/show them off via wi-fi? If that's not enough, then why not go the route that 4th gen did and have a Villa of your own? That's pretty possible too, if you want to have some visitors. Heck, make it a mansion this time, I don't care, as long as you have an actual place of your own, lmao.

• The Underground - An excellent way to dig for evolutionary stones, repels, and the whole nine yards! It's unlikely this would get implemented, but hey, one can dream, right? I'd like for you to communicate with people through wi-fi so your friends could dig with you as well!

That's...pretty much it ^^;;

I liked how in BW1's Zorua event, you actually got to select which Poke Ball to use on him. I think I already mentioned that I wish a Pokemon hatching from an egg did that too.

Any way, you know how at the end of BW1, after catching your version mascot you're given an opportunity to swap it in to your party and send someone else back to the PC? I would love to see that for all wild Pokemon catching. For one, it would make those Heal Balls actually useful again.

• Have the game actually recognize that you're the region's Champion for ONCE - Too many times, in every single Pokemon game, there's some sort of brief scene in which you're redirected into your room, and your mother acknowledges you as the champion, or maybe your father (in the case of Pokemon Emerald)...but no one else? At least have some challengers of your own or something. I mean, I'm not asking for the former region's Champion to stop existing or something, but still...
There was this one guy in Humilau city who did acknowledge that you were the Champion.

There was this one guy in Humilau city who did acknowledge that you were the Champion.

I suppose, but maybe they can incorporate that better other than have less than a handful of people that acknowledge it? .___.; Just a nitpick of mine.

A couple of ability-related things:

Egg Abilities: Essentially make it so that you can get abilities that a Pokémon normally doesn't have by breeding specific types of Pokémon together. I think it can be a neat new feature.

Ability Machine: Like Technical/Hidden Machine, but for Abilities. Using this machine on a Pokémon will change their ability for the one in the machine. Each Pokémon would only be able to use some machines, like with TM/HMs, and some won't be able to use machines at all(like Slaking or Regigas).

I suppose, but maybe they can incorporate that better other than have less than a handful of people that acknowledge it? .___.; Just a nitpick of mine.
So, like...

GUY: Hey, you! You seem familiar... wait! You're the champion! I saw you battle on TV! Can I have the honour of battling you? Please?

Then again, if you lose to Guy, then he becomes the new champion.

So, like...

GUY: Hey, you! You seem familiar... wait! You're the champion! I saw you battle on TV! Can I have the honour of battling you? Please?

Then again, if you lose to Guy, then he becomes the new champion.

...Yeah, that's the one flaw I can see with that. :x But hey, wouldn't it be fun at the same time, trying to regain your Champion spot?

How about a new league called the Legendary League? It would be more of a after-game challenge, like the PWT. You can only use Legendaries. Yes, that means you can finally use all those event pokemon you got, like Shiny Entei or Jirachi.

I'm not sure who you could possibly fight, maybe Red or Cynthia, but it would definitely be fun!

I want an alternate forme for Pikachu. I know, people are probably sick of one. But it would be cool to see Ash utilize that in the anime. Maybe the forme increases bulk at the expense of speed? Sumo wrestler Pikachu?

Back
Top Bottom