• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokkén Fighters/Pokkén Tournament trademarked by TPCi

Sneazy Sneasel

Is a pretty Sneasel
Reaction score
Source

At the Pokemon Game Show today in Japan, a mysterious screenshot of presumably a new game was shown.

mystery.jpg

The image comes from a CG promo with Pikachu walking through the Pokemon games and consoles. Eventually, Pokemon X/Y’s release date is shown, and the image pops ups. We also have this photo from the video:

pokemon_image-2_zps909d5903.jpg

Update:

A new Pokémon title was teased during Pokémon Game Show with a brief image of Lucario and Blaziken about to face off. The title was not formally announced, but Siliconera believes it may be called Pokkén Fighters or Pokkén Tournament.

Siliconera uncovered trademarks for Pokkén Fighters and Pokkén Tournament filed by The Pokémon Company in the US. Two bipedal Pokémon about to fight? Sounds kind of like a Pokémon fighting game to me and it and there are enough fighting type Pokémon for this game to exist. And that flag in the top right hand corner looks like the logo for fighting Pokémon from the Pokémon Trading Card game. Hmmm…

Siliconera contacted The Pokémon Company and are awaiting a response.

Pokkén Fighters A Pokémon Fighting Game With Lucario?

Last edited:
Re: Mysterious Pokemon Screenshots Shown At Pokemon Game Show - New Wii U Game?

Hopefully this is an RPG so they won't be forced to stuff nearly 800 pokemon as catchable in one game.

Serebii has the video. There's all this static-video-signal-interruption stuff before and after the shot appears. Very mysterious. Kind of creepy.

Nintendo said they were planning on two-GamePad support for the Wii U this year. I wonder if this game is supposed to showcase it?

Or an Anime-based game .

If the top screenshot were a Street Fighter-esque game, that would be amazing.
The bottom photo is just a screen from footage made exclusively for the video, where Pikachu walks past all the past game consoles (that are all white, for some reason) playing all the old Pokemon games, including spinoffs.

[video=youtube;-Ifspg5ZCkw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Ifspg5ZCkw[/video]

If this isn't a hint, I don't know what is. They showed Pikachu walking through a scene showing every Pokemon game including spin-offs leading to Pokemon XY....and then after showing the release dates, they show that scene at the end with Lucario and Blaziken.

If that' scene isn't indicative of a new game yet to come, then they are just trolling us.

I doubt it's a coincidence that both Pokemon shown are able to Mega-Evolve.

I'm expecting it to be the Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revolution of this gen. Another "coincidence" is that both are fighting types and there's a fighting symbol from the TCG on a building in the BG.

I'll just say that I hope it's an RPG set in a metropolis, which is what the concept picture implies (a street is hardly your typical arena). Not only that, but the way the trailer hints at the game makes me think that it's important even compared to XY, so I'm holding out hope that Satoshi Tajiri is the director despite how long it's been since he was involved with any development. He has unfinished business to tend to.

To me it just seemed like a continuation of the CGI-movie, showing one of XY's new shiny features: mega-evolutions. It could be a new game, but I wouldn't expect too much.

A pokemon game for Wii U? Probably like Collosseum and XD or whatever their names is. Does not make me interested.

To me it just seemed like a continuation of the CGI-movie, showing one of XY's new shiny features: mega-evolutions. It could be a new game, but I wouldn't expect too much.
Mega Evolution isn't showcased (merely implied, if that) and the graphics are very clearly not the same as XY's.

I agree with Mr Palpitoad mostly cuz it's been a long time since they released a similar game. Might boost Wii U sales

I'd love another Colluseum/XD game. Though I don't have a WiiU, so :c

The aesthetics of the first screenshot could be from a Wii U stadium game, but it also reminds me of some of the CG work done for TCG card art (more detailed, though).

If the top screenshot were a Street Fighter-esque game, that would be amazing.
The bottom photo is just a screen from footage made exclusively for the video, where Pikachu walks past all the past game consoles (that are all white, for some reason) playing all the old Pokemon games, including spinoffs.
[video=youtube;HhTv2kSBMhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhTv2kSBMhc[/video]

Now that the handhelds have reached the point of 3D graphics, I really don't see the point in a Pokemon console RPG or Stadium games.

Is that writing on the signs in the background japanese, some other language, or made up entirely?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom