• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

I'm gonna backtrack to the Rumours of Glow Punch being Fairy type and people saying Fennekin will evolve into a Fire/Fighting type, which is hugely impossible. I see Glow Punch sort of like Fire, Thunder and Ice Punch. Glow Punch likely is Fairy type and Fennekin could possibly evolve into a Mixed Attack Fire/Fairy type, ala Lucario.

Glow Punch is reportedly supereffective on Litleo, a Fire/Normal type, strongly implying it's Yet Another Fighting-type Punch (tm).

Fairy type could be SE against Fire.

It hasn't been confirmed by Nintendo, for anyone who is using that definition of the term.

So... maybe Glow Punch is Fairy and is super effective against Fire...?

Hm.

It hasn't been confirmed by Nintendo, for anyone who is using that definition of the term.

Litleo resisted Fairy Wind in the demo. I'd say that's confirmation enough.

Maybe Fairy is supper effective against Normal? I'd believe it. Otherwise Normal only has one weakness (Fighting). Maybe GF is going around knocking down all the only a couple weaknesses types. *looks at the Electric type*

If Litleo resisted Fairy Wind, then Normal wouldn't be weak to Fairy...

Maybe Normal resists Fairy.

I don't really like the whole Mega Evolution concept, but I think it'd be interesting if we got Mega Articuno.

Forgive my desinformation, but can someone send a link of this 'Demo version' where Litleo resists Fairy Wind? Couldn't find it.

And as far as I understood, if Litleo is part Normal, it may well be the Normal type the one to resist Fairy, making it its first resistance apart from Ghost immunity.

Anyway, like Fire needed any other resistance. If they wanted it to balance those bloody Stealth Rock, then they could only have them nerfed. Have Stealth Rock cause fixed damage like Spikes, except that it would hit Flying and Levitate.

The more I hear about the conflicts over whether Litleo is weak to Fairy or not, the more I wonder if Fire even is resistant to Fairy. Have there been any footage of a Fairy attack being used on a pure Fire type, such as Fennekin?

The more I hear about the conflicts over whether Litleo is weak to Fairy or not, the more I wonder if Fire even is resistant to Fairy. Have there been any footage of a Fairy attack being used on a pure Fire type, such as Fennekin?
Attacking a pure type is always the gold standard in evaluating type matchups. Has anyone heard of Fennekin vs. Flabebe/Sylveon matchups?

One of the very interesting things about the demo is that only two rivals can battle you: the other PC who many are guessing to be the main rival, has the starter with the type advantage to yours. The other two don't battle you, which gives a bit more credibility to the Kanto starters thing-ie.

Forgive my desinformation, but can someone send a link of this 'Demo version' where Litleo resists Fairy Wind? Couldn't find it.

And as far as I understood, if Litleo is part Normal, it may well be the Normal type the one to resist Fairy, making it its first resistance apart from Ghost immunity.

Anyway, like Fire needed any other resistance. If they wanted it to balance those bloody Stealth Rock, then they could only have them nerfed. Have Stealth Rock cause fixed damage like Spikes, except that it would hit Flying and Levitate.

ニンフィア 野生バトル「Pokémon Game Show」 - YouTube

@Reila; You do realize that that did happen in the first black and White games? Most people's Teams ended up being Starter, Blitzle, Stoutland/Audino, Musharma/Swoobat, Palpitoad, and either Cofagrigas or Krookodile. From what we know, X and Y seem to have a bigger pokedex, but we don't really know for certain how much diversity will be available.

Is that supposed to be an argument against something I said? Even without older Pokémon in the dex, there were a lot of other Pokémon to use in Black & White, besides these you mentioned. Whimsicott, Lilligant, Golurk, Jellicent, Sawk, Conkeldur, Musharna, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Watchog, Mandibuzz, Braviary, Unfezant, Crustle, Leavanny, Scolipede, Eelektross and Swanna are some of them. BW had issues, but diversity wasn't one of them. Also, how exactly do you know which Pokémon most people decided to use? I really don't get this post of yours.
Makes two of us: my team in Black was Samurott, Galvantula, Sigilyph, Boldore, Sawk and Golurk. And prior to this latest Gen, I hadn't used a Rock, pure Fighting, Ghost or Ground type at all.

And also, I didn't use a single one of those Pokemon you mentioned earlier. Including my starter. I felt there was a humongous variety of Pokemon available in the V Gen that I could use. I also took the time to raise Litwick because I wanted a Chandelure really badly. It was one of my favorite Pokemon, and I know plenty of others who did the same with Golett. I didn't think there was a lack of viability or availability in the V Gen.
*coughs* Yep, one over here. :sweatlol:

On topic: Is Fire resistant to Fairy and Dragon simply not effective against it? I can honestly say I'm a bit confused here, as that sounds like Fairy is a slightly different Ice type.

I feel like we need more people to play the demos and specifically try to do research with specific matchups. We need inside agents, man!

I feel like we need more people to play the demos and specifically try to do research with specific matchups. We need inside agents, man!

What we also need is for Nintendo to release these demos on the 3DS eShop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom