• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
Did anyone put sylveon agaist flabebe to see wich is the fairy interaction with itself?

Did anyone put sylveon agaist flabebe to see wich is the fairy interaction with itself?

You mean in the demo? I don't think so, at least, I haven't seen any videos where people have battled the two. If anyone has access to the English demo, that'd be interesting to check. I imagine they're going to resist themselves, but you never know.

It was confirmed that Fairy resists itself in the demo.

Of course, this is assuming GF didn't tinker with the mechanics after the leak to change the interactions to make the rumors false, which I REALLY don't see happening.

I could easily see them changing Fairy being super-effective against Ice to Ice resisting Fairy in-production. It probably wouldn't take much playtesting to determine that Fairy being Super-effective against it makes Ice superfluous - what with it both filling Ice's shoes as dragon-slayer AND beating it.

Thinking about it, I want Ice to be super-effective against Water.

Although... would that be too drastic of a change?

I could easily see them changing Fairy being super-effective against Ice to Ice resisting Fairy in-production. It probably wouldn't take much playtesting to determine that Fairy being Super-effective against it makes Ice superfluous - what with it both filling Ice's shoes as dragon-slayer AND beating it.
I can't imagine why they would have made Fairy super-effective against Ice in the first place; the interaction isn't intuitive and it certainly doesn't add balance. But I do find it quite possible that they eventually decided to give the Fairy resistance to Ice instead of Psychic.

I don't see how that would be more drastic than creating an entirely new type. It would certainly weaken water defensively, while giving ice more usefulness as an offensive type, which is what many people have been clamoring for. Though let's admit it, there's no shortage of ice type attacks, its problem is its fragility.

I'd say give it a resistance to water.

I don't see how that would be more drastic than creating an entirely new type. It would certainly weaken water defensively, while giving ice more usefulness as an offensive type, which is what many people have been clamoring for. Though let's admit it, there's no shortage of ice type attacks, its problem is its fragility.

Yeah, that probably makes sense. If Ice becomes good against Water-types, then it becomes one of the best offensive types, pretty much doing everything that's Electric is good at(SE against Water and Flying), while also being good against what Electric is bad against(Grass and Ground), which is the best of both worlds(mostly). Giving Ice resistance to Water, along with maybe Dragon and Fairy, should round out its resistances a bunch.

Yeah, Ice and Electric are already a valuable combination because Ice covers virtually everything Electric can't.

It was confirmed that Fairy resists itself in the demo.

Of course, this is assuming GF didn't tinker with the mechanics after the leak to change the interactions to make the rumors false, which I REALLY don't see happening.

Where did you see the video showing this?

Yeah, that probably makes sense. If Ice becomes good against Water-types, then it becomes one of the best offensive types, pretty much doing everything that's Electric is good at(SE against Water and Flying), while also being good against what Electric is bad against(Grass and Ground), which is the best of both worlds(mostly). Giving Ice resistance to Water, along with maybe Dragon and Fairy, should round out its resistances a bunch.[/QUOTE]

If Fairy's not immune to Dragon, I'd definitely welcome adding a Dragon resistance to Ice. What ice needs is defensive boosts. Ice is already one of the best offensive typings, and the problem with that is that Ice moves get used, but not Ice Pokemon because they are too fragile.

If Fairy's not immune to Dragon, I'd definitely welcome adding a Dragon resistance to Ice. What ice needs is defensive boosts. Ice is already one of the best offensive typings, and the problem with that is that Ice moves get used, but not Ice Pokemon because they are too fragile.

I totally agree. What ice needs is a boost on its defenses. It should definitely resist Dragons and fairies. Then and only then people would start to use both an ice move on an actual ice type. Also for grass, I'd suggest ( since apparently it doesn't resist fairy :( ) to resist rock. Rock is one of the most used types offensively and it is also only resisted by 3 types. this way rock won't be so nerfed and grass can get a boost.

On this video, we can see sylveon hit chespin with fairy wind. I think it hit neutral, but i cant be sure, because the video's poor quality.
Pokemon X & Y PAX demo - YouTube

Fairy Wind inflicted neutral damage against Chespin. The next message that appeared on the screen was the opponent commanding Chespin to use Rollout.

Also, Rollout inflicted neutral damage against Sylveon.

Grass and Rock are definitely 1x defensive against Fairy-type attacks, and Psychic must also be neutral because Fairy Wind hit Exeggutor with neutral damage.

Is rock neutral against fairy type attacks? The video shows sylveon being hit by a rock type attack, not a rock type pokemon being hit by a fairy type attack.

Grass and Rock are definitely 1x defensive against Fairy-type attacks, and Psychic must also be neutral because Fairy Wind hit Exeggutor with neutral damage.

That definitely makes it seem like the moved the leaked Fairy resistance from Psychic to Ice.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom