• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

Dolphin, dolphin, PLEASE DOLPHIN

If there's a dolphin pokemon, I'll name him Haru, and I'll hug him and pet him and squeeze him

It'll have Swift Swim and will be Water/Psychic... maybe? :D

Water/Dark would be much more appropriate for a dolphin. They're very much jerks to put it lightly.

^Yeah, but "Psychic Dolphins" are a common trope in science fiction and such. If not Water/Psychic, then I think Water/Fairy might be more appropriate than Dark.

Also, I want a Grass/Fire pokemon, maybe a "Fire Flower"! It could be based around plants that need fire to activate their seeds. and have Flame-like petals/flowers. That or maybe based on Chili Peppers!

i still want a dark/electric type. not sure what theyd make it into but we have TOO MANY mono-electrics who could have gotten a second type happily (looking at you luxray/zebstrika)

a grass/fire chili pepper would be pretty cool. but its another step towards being able to make an entire food based team for the fat friend in x/y (sigh stereotypes)

a grass/fire chili pepper would be pretty cool. but its another step towards being able to make an entire food based team for the fat friend in x/y (sigh stereotypes)

He's got a Vanillite on his shirt.
Classic.

Classic.

picardfacepalm.jpg

food pokemon just dont sit right with me (ugh, puns) because pokemon being (potentially) edible just... no please no

Classic.

picardfacepalm.jpg

food pokemon just dont sit right with me (ugh, puns) because pokemon being (potentially) edible just... no please no

Y'see, in my imaginary world of what makes PokeEarth bearable to me, the Vanillite line came before Ice cream and Ice cream cones were subsequently modeled after Vanillite.

Icicles are naturally occurring phenomena, and many Pokemon are simply created/evolve from the essence of some elemental type (Like Geodude and rock.)

Proto-Vanillite was probably a floating icicle of some sort, genetically evolving and gaining power by gathering snow at its top (the area most available to snow fall.) This eventually created the Ice cream-shaped Vanillite we know today, and humans later shaped Ice cream after them.

Last edited:
now that makes sense regarding the ice cream pokemon, but something like cherubi....

and i understand there dont appear to be 'normal' animals in pokeearth which means odds are the people are eating tauros-steaks and the like. but the only noted cases seem to be moo-moo milk from miltanks, and maybe leaving the rest to just saying 'maybe they are all vegetarians' and not really concerning myself with the issue.

but we're getting off topic here, i apologize.

i rather like the ghost evo in that pic. the spell tag on its forehead is a nice touch

There still might be another Eeveelution still hidden away. It's not likely but hey, that's what they said about Mewtwo having two alternate forms and look...Mewtwo just got revealed to have two mega evolutions.

In that fanart, though, I like the fighting type. The boxing glove tail is a nice touch.

i still want a dark/electric type. not sure what theyd make it into but we have TOO MANY mono-electrics who could have gotten a second type happily (looking at you luxray/zebstrika)

why must you predict everything

but yeah, stereotypes!

Personally, I want to see a Steel/Ice type Pokemon. Though now that Amaura is revealed, I hope it's not related to that since Rock/Ice is a pretty unique (but loldefence) type. Wouldn't mind it though.

I want to see an Orca pokemon, probably water-fighting or water-dark. After all, the Orca is the most predatory creature on earth! It could have very high attack, and maybe an ability like Defeatist to make up for its massive attack.

I want to see an Orca pokemon, probably water-fighting or water-dark. After all, the Orca is the most predatory creature on earth! It could have very high attack, and maybe an ability like Defeatist to make up for its massive attack.
Besides Kyogre you mean? :p
But yeah, a non-legendary Orca whale would be cool. It would have to stand out in appearance from Kyogre though, lest we get another Alomomola incident.

But yeah, a non-legendary Orca whale would be cool. It would have to stand out in appearance from Kyogre though, lest we get another Alomomola incident.

I never especially liked Kyogre. And besides, Kyogre was a whale, not an Orca. Orcas eat whales for breakfast! (literally.)

I never especially liked Kyogre. And besides, Kyogre was a whale, not an Orca. Orcas eat whales for breakfast! (literally.)

Orca = Killer Whale.

Orca = Killer Whale.

I know that an Orca is a whale, my point is there should be one.

Back
Top Bottom