• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

I highly doubt it, the anime always likes making legendaries nigh-invulnerable to virtually everything whenever non-legendaries attack them (unless they're the cute, tiny, innocent-looking ones like Celebi or Victini, because of the whole "rule of cute" thing). I doubt even Ash's Charizard would even put a scratch on Darkrai, let alone a hard hit.

I highly doubt it, the anime always likes making legendaries nigh-invulnerable to virtually everything whenever non-legendaries attack them (unless they're the cute, tiny, innocent-looking ones like Celebi or Victini, because of the whole "rule of cute" thing). I doubt even Ash's Charizard would even put a scratch on Darkrai, let alone a hard hit.

Except Jukain practically dished out the bulk the damage against Takuto's Darkrai and won. It's not hard to believe Lizardon would manage to do the same.

As for Latios, Jukain was worn-out from the Darkrai fight and Ohsubame didn't really do much to it - Pikachu was responsible for KOing it (along with itself). Lizardon can totally take it on.

Infernape would win against Darkrai, if not tie with it. It's got a major type advantage, and it's pretty strong. It's got the moveset for attacking AND dodging. Infernape has a pretty good chance.

As for Charizard... I don't know, though I'd definitely like to see him go up against Latios XDD

I think that both Charizard and Infernape would have been able to take down Darkrai. Infernape might even have an easier time due to having a type advantage and moving around faster on the ground. It was too worn out from its battle against Paul, so I'm not surprised that it wasn't used. Since Sceptile was able to defeat Darkrai, although in pretty anticlimactic way in my opinion, I think that Charizard could defeat it too. I don't think that Infernape could defeat Latios, although it might be able to cause a bit of damage, but Charizard could at least give it a good run, if not defeat it too.

If heracross and sceptile had their positions reversed then heracross could easily have ended the battle and could probably even heavily damage latios as well. But then they had to glorify the already overglorified starter again.... point being if Heracross can do it, so can they.

It doesn't matter if Tobias had a Mewtwo and a Ho-oh or a Pichu and a Azurril. If they wanted Ash to lose with whatever pokemon he had at the time then he would have lost. Especially with him having two fire types at once. Which is stupid in my view.

If charizard goes mega he'd eat darkrai. Tbh it wasnt a proper fight and purely a fabrication of invincible oponent to justify beating Ashs best team.

Yes, let's not lose sight of the fact that Ash could've beat Darkrai, Mewtwo, Articuno, and Rayquaza with a Kakuna if the writers really wanted to troll us. Actually, I'd be REALLY interested in seeing how they'd pull that off.

I think both Lizardon and Goukazaru could potentially win against Takuto's Darkrai and Latios. While I like Satoshi's Jukain more than the two Fire-type starters, I don't think it is stronger than them and it managed to defeat Darkrai, so...

Well. In my opinion...no they could not. To be perfectly honest, Infernape isn't powerful enough to beat a legendary Pokemon. Sure, its moves have merit and all, but I just can't see it beating Darkrai nor can I see it beating Latios. To be perfectly honest, I really feel like it would be KOd in about three moves. Yeah, three moves and no more than that. I don't doubt its potential if he were to use it, but honestly, it's kind of not that powerful against his Latios. Okay, so then again, maybe Infernape could beat Darkrai because of type advantage, but remember how sometimes in the anime...the type disadvantage wins? So, there's that, too. So, it could beat Darkrai, then he'd send out his Latios and the Latios would use a Psychic attack and beat Infernape. That's just my thought on this. As for Charizard, well, with all the attacks it has, I'm pretty sure it could possibly beat both Darkrai and Latios. Especially Latios since we all know his Charizard knows a few Dragon Type attacks. Though, honestly, it could be an even match because Charizard is powerful, but not ~godly powerful~ if you catch my drift here... so, yeah, Charizard could, with no doubt beat both the Pokemon--but we'll never know what other Pokemon Tobias has, but I still think, despite that fact, Ash would never be able to beat him. (Hey, he could have a Celebi on his team, even.) But, yeah. You get my point. xD

Well. In my opinion...no they could not. To be perfectly honest, Infernape isn't powerful enough to beat a legendary Pokemon. Sure, its moves have merit and all, but I just can't see it beating Darkrai nor can I see it beating Latios. To be perfectly honest, I really feel like it would be KOd in about three moves. Yeah, three moves and no more than that. I don't doubt its potential if he were to use it, but honestly, it's kind of not that powerful against his Latios. Okay, so then again, maybe Infernape could beat Darkrai because of type advantage, but remember how sometimes in the anime...the type disadvantage wins? So, there's that, too. So, it could beat Darkrai, then he'd send out his Latios and the Latios would use a Psychic attack and beat Infernape. That's just my thought on this. As for Charizard, well, with all the attacks it has, I'm pretty sure it could possibly beat both Darkrai and Latios. Especially Latios since we all know his Charizard knows a few Dragon Type attacks. Though, honestly, it could be an even match because Charizard is powerful, but not ~godly powerful~ if you catch my drift here... so, yeah, Charizard could, with no doubt beat both the Pokemon--but we'll never know what other Pokemon Tobias has, but I still think, despite that fact, Ash would never be able to beat him. (Hey, he could have a Celebi on his team, even.) But, yeah. You get my point. xD

I don't get your point lol. You start off saying one thing then kind of change your mind a few times through your post. You start off saying they couldn't beat them, then you say Infernape probably couldn't, then maybe could beat Darkrai, but not Latios (which is fair). Then you say Charizard could beat both, especially Latios (also fair). And then you say that Ash wouldn't be able to beat Tobias, which isn't actually what this thread is asking.

Is your point that Infernape and Charizard could take out Darkrai and Latios, but that Ash would still lose a 6 v 6 against Tobias overall?

Without plot armor, yes. Tobias wasn't all that impressive, only his Pokemon were- but they're notasstrong as their movie portrayals.

I can definitely see Charizard beating Darkrai & Latios, but I don't give Infernape a chance in hell of winning, even with the overuse of Blaze.

No. I may be remembering a different episode, but wasn't the only reason Ash's pokemon stood a chance against Darkrai because it could combat it's sleep attack?

No. I may be remembering a different episode, but wasn't the only reason Ash's pokemon stood a chance against Darkrai because it could combat it's sleep attack?

Nah. Ash tried to use Heracross because it knew Sleep Talk, but Darkrai KO'd it pretty quickly. Sceptile won because it had both speed and strength and it managed to wake up after hearing Ash call out for it.

Nah. Ash tried to use Heracross because it knew Sleep Talk, but Darkrai KO'd it pretty quickly. Sceptile won because it had both speed and strength and it managed to wake up after hearing Ash call out for it.

Yeah. But why on earth did Ash use Torkoal against Darkrai?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom