• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Dub Voice Actors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneazy Sneasel

Is a pretty Sneasel
Reaction score
What TPCI/4kids voice actors do you think will be more fitting to for the X and Y characters in the dub?

I think Michele Knotz should voice Serena, Veronica Taylor should voice Clemont, Lisa Ortiz should voice Bonnie, the blaziken man should be voiced by Jason Griffon and Bill Rogers as professor Sycamore.

It's hard for me to think of who should voice any of the characters at this point. We haven't even seen Serena beyond official artwork, let alone hear her Japanese voice. I'd love for Veronica Taylor to have a role in the dub, but I'm not sure if she would want to do that at this point either. Lisa Ortiz as Bonnie and Bill Rogers as Professor Sycamore sound like they could work though.

With 4Kids now dissolved as a dubbing company, is there anything keeping her from providing her voice in the next series? She obviously won't be Ash, but I could see her voicing Clemont. She voiced a character who looks very similar to him, Tori, in another series, Tai Chi Chasers.
Tori_TaiChiChasers.jpg

I'm secretly hoping that Veronica Taylor returns as Ash here, but Sarah Natochenny is probably staying.

After hearing her as Marigold in Clash of the Connoisseurs!,
I'd think that Emily Jenness.would probably good as Bonnie.

With 4Kids now dissolved as a dubbing company, is there anything keeping her from providing her voice in the next series? She obviously won't be Ash, but I could see her voicing Clemont. She voiced a character who looks very similar to him, Tori, in another series, Tai Chi Chasers.
Tori_TaiChiChasers.jpg

I forgot about that show. Tori looks a lot like Clemont. I don't think that there was anything from 4Kids' end keeping her from being in the cast. I was thinking more about if she would want to be involved in the series after what happened with the voice cast change a few years ago and if she wouldn't be able to voice Ash.

Veronica Taylor as Clemont, is a wish that I will like. But I sorta think that a unknown VA would get the role. And maybe Lisa Ortiz as serena and Bonnie, maybe a VA that can voice little girls (heck it could be a unknown at point).

Tracey Moore or Terri Hawkes as Serena (get it? ;-))

Last edited:
To be honest, I'd rather have Veronica Taylor back as Ash if she were to voice a main character on the show again, that said Sarah Natochenny is miles better now than what she was in from BF to early DP, there will probably come a time and a place when Sarah and the other cast for that matter will be replaced, so I've got no complaints. I can very much see Lisa Ortiz voicing Bonnie, possibly Tom Wayland as Clemont and maybe Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld voicing Serena.

Kalos Jenny, possibly her current actress or someone new, I thought that Emily Williams was a good fit for her. Kalos Joy, It would most likely be Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld but I would like to see Bella Hudson / Erica Schoder reprise her role. I could picture Sean Reyes, voice of Wallace & Kellyn in DP for Professor Sycamore.

Last edited:
Bonnie- Emily Bauer
Serena- Melissa Schoenburg (or Lee Quick)
Professor Sycamore- Nicholas Dimichele
Clemont- Michelle Knotz

Last edited:
Veronica Taylor as anything less than Ash would be insulting to fans everywhere. If the current VA bails for whatever reason, they need fix the grave error they made 7 years ago. Oh yeah, and Rachel Lillis as Jessie, Eric Stuart as James, & Stan Hart as Professor Oak. Then everything will be normal again.

This is audio of Veronica Taylor's Tori (Tai Chi Chasers) over footage of Clemont. Personally, I think if she lowered the tone a little, she could pull off a good Clemont.
[video=youtube;8KfyxcjuN54]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KfyxcjuN54[/video]

I don't know, I sorta wish Amy Birdbuam (4kids max's voice actress) was still active, I would love for her to be Clemont. I have a feeling Kayzie Rodgers (who currently plays axew right) could be being cast as him.

J̶i̶m̶m̶y̶ ̶Z̶o̶p̶p̶i̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶u̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶

Definitely not Lisa Ortiz for anyone, and honestly I'd rather them use voice actors that haven't gotten much screen time as of yet (or just new actors but I don't think that's going to happen)

People still aren't over the TPCi voices? o_O

Not to be rude but just because someone prefers the older voices doesn't mean they're "not over" the dub change. No one is entitled to accept every change that goes their way.

There's a difference between preferring old voices and wanting or expecting the old VAs to come back.

Nobody actually expects the old ones to come back, and there's nothing wrong with wanting them back, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom