• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Re: (READ POST #18) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

My only nitpick is Lumiose City's "blackout". 8U Just say I'm not welcome until I have enough badges, dude, don't blatantly lie to my face.

I can confirm that non the eeveelutions learn any new moves by level up. The level up moves are the same as BW2 as are the levels.

Rant:

WHERE IS THE GOD DAMN RAIN. I want a Goodra game. Stop screwing with me. It rained once when I had a Sliggoo near levelling, but when I had to reload the game after doing something stupid, the rain goes away. What the hell? GIVE ME RAIN ALREADY.(

Why not just make your own rain? Sliggoo does learn Rain Dance after all, just use a Heart Scale or even get another Pokemon to use it. Rain Dance isn't an uncommon move.

Rant:

WHERE IS THE GOD DAMN RAIN. I want a Goodra game. Stop screwing with me. It rained once when I had a Sliggoo near levelling, but when I had to reload the game after doing something stupid, the rain goes away. What the hell? GIVE ME RAIN ALREADY.(

Why not just make your own rain? Sliggoo does learn Rain Dance after all, just use a Heart Scale or even get another Pokemon to use it. Rain Dance isn't an uncommon move.
As far as I've heard, it has to be terrain weather, it can't just be danced rain.

My only nitpick is Lumiose City's "blackout". 8U Just say I'm not welcome until I have enough badges, dude, don't blatantly lie to my face.

But it doesn't have anything to do with badges; you can't access the other parts until you take care of the issue at the power plant.

One thing I gotta say that's kinda ridiculous is the game's censors on names >:U A friend of mine tried naming her Pumkaboo Spice, but it wouldn't allow that. I hear on gamefaqs someone said you can't name your trainer Conner. Seriously....

One minor disappointment is not facing Serena in battle before her starter evolves, so you never get its entry in the Pokedex. HOWEVER, I just realized that outside of the Battle Chateau on Route 7 where Serena has the four of you do a tag team battle together, it's her idea to team up with you instead of against you. You're even asked yes/no about it.

So if you said "no", does this mean she teams up with Trevor or Tierno and you battle against her? If so, I kinda wish I had said that (despite my team having a significant vulnerability to her element).

One minor disappointment is not facing Serena in battle before her starter evolves, so you never get its entry in the Pokedex. HOWEVER, I just realized that outside of the Battle Chateau on Route 7 where Serena has the four of you do a tag team battle together, it's her idea to team up with you instead of against you. You're even asked yes/no about it.

So if you said "no", does this mean she teams up with Trevor or Tierno and you battle against her? If so, I kinda wish I had said that (despite my team having a significant vulnerability to her element).

If you choose the option to decline the battle, there will be no battle initiated. She will not team up with anyone else. They'll all stand there until you agree to team up and battle.

So far I am not disappointed much about anything. I may have been upset about there being so few new pokemon added except for the fact that I haven't played a Pokemon game since Ruby so basically everything is new to me.

The only thing that I am slightly upset at is how overpowered the Exp. Share is. All of my pokemon should not be getting that much experience for just sitting in my party. I had a traded pokemon and I never used it from level 20 - 40 and it was still 3 levels above the rest of my pokemon without being used once.

I'm playing Pokémon X and I'm really struggling with a gym battle, said no one ever! Seriously I've five badges that were no work at all my Pokémon have made everything their bitch. Is someone else finding it a little easy, or am I just REALLY good?

Do you have the EXP All on? I did my first playthrough (I didn't realize you could turn it off :p) and my Pokemon were miles ahead of everyone else without any grinding. I literally just caught Pokemon and fought trainers. This is the first ever game where I wasn't behind the gym leaders by at least a couple of levels, and the first one where I was actually ahead of the Champion rather than like, ten levels behind. And I had several Pokemon of the same type (granted they were dual type) but I STILL had a type advantage in every gym and against most of the Elite Four. This has never happened to me before. Trying to correct this in the second playthough.

Also, I hate that there's nothing to do post-game. Seriously, after I beat the Champion I literally just looked for Pokemon and experimented with berry farming (I don't like the battle for the sake of battling places; I like battling for money and exp). The cross-pollination of the berries was neat but not neat enough to keep me from re-starting the game after I caught most of the Pokemon in the game. I've had my Black 2 and my Heart Gold going MONTHS after I finished the game.

I also was pretty peeved about the Fairy type. If cotton candy beat the crap out of my four-armed superman and my t-rex IRL I would just shoot myself. Game over, man. Don't get me wrong; the type itself has some awesome strengths and its weakness to poison is magnificent. Poison needed a boost. But if they were going to make something that could murder dragons and supermen and witches they could've made the Fairy types a little more intimidating. Seriously it seems like the entire type was meant to appeal to girls. I am a girl and the type is too pink and frilly for me. The only one that's not entirely feminine is Xerneas. I mean, the Fighting type is mostly masculine, but you also have Pokemon like Meinshao that are feminine. I would be fine with Spritzee and Slurpuff is there was something like a badass tree fairy guardian thing to balance it out...
Edit: I forgot Mawile was retconned to Fairy, but I never use it because I don't like it. That's a personal thing, though.

Last edited:

The game was way too easy to beat. The only real challenge was finding how on earth to get where you're supposed to go!

(I'm remembering the time I spent trying to find Lysandre Cafe out of the 999999 cafes in Luminose, and when I couldn't find it, the time I spent trying to find the damn taxis.)

Eh... the story pretty much disappointed me. I guess I should've seen it coming, because reports and early reviews already stated the story wasn't all that special. The visuals used for the climax of the story were fantastic, but it left a bit of a hollow feeling to me at the end. Only the (don't read if you don't wanna be spoiled)---
final encounter with AZ after defeating the Champion was really great
Maybe it's just because other stories of other games were better to me. Even B2W2's story was better to me.

Also, the four female Team Flare admins.... they hardly did anything or did anything special at least. They didn't even have their own battle theme. It's also implied they're even in lower rank than the nameless Team Flare Admins. There was more potential with them, I guess.

And... my final complaint and a bit unjustified: the game was too easy. I never had any trouble battling anyone in-game. But I used the Exp. All and a couple of Pokémon with different OT's, and I just like being really powerful I guess. So I shouldn't complain about that.

But other than this, everything was fantastic!

But it doesn't have anything to do with badges; you can't access the other parts until you take care of the issue at the power plant.

8U Really? I guess I'm not far enough in the game yet. Thanks for letting me know!

(I'm remembering the time I spent trying to find Lysandre Cafe out of the 999999 cafes in Luminose, and when I couldn't find it, the time I spent trying to find the damn taxis.)

Already foresaw this problem when GF mentioned the size of the city compared to Castelia.

Eh... the story pretty much disappointed me. I guess I should've seen it coming, because reports and early reviews already stated the story wasn't all that special. The visuals used for the climax of the story were fantastic, but it left a bit of a hollow feeling to me at the end. Only the (don't read if you don't wanna be spoiled)---
final encounter with AZ after defeating the Champion was really great
Maybe it's just because other stories of other games were better to me. Even B2W2's story was better to me.

Also, the four female Team Flare admins.... they hardly did anything or did anything special at least. They didn't even have their own battle theme. It's also implied they're even in lower rank than the nameless Team Flare Admins. There was more potential with them, I guess.

And... my final complaint and a bit unjustified: the game was too easy. I never had any trouble battling anyone in-game. But I used the Exp. All and a couple of Pokémon with different OT's, and I just like being really powerful I guess. So I shouldn't complain about that.

But other than this, everything was fantastic!

The critics who waited until they complete the game and found all that there is to offer said close to the same thing. The focus of X/Y seems to be the 3D graphics and improved or new features and mechanics, which was to be expected after the discovery of ~60 regional pokemon.

Last edited:

My biggest complaint was the placement of the second gym. My whole team was already level 30+ by the time i got to it. This basically made me over leveled for the entire game. At least it's an easy fix: just keep the EXP. All off.

This isn't really that much of a complaint since I'm not wound up about it at all, but I had a little bit of an eye-roll/laugh kind of moment when I found out that New York's Vivillon pattern is the Polar pattern. Yes, we sometimes get lots of snow, but anyone who lived through this most recent New York summer can tell you we are most certainly not "polar". ;p

Yeah, I think having the Exp.Share turned on by default was a bad move.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom