• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Re: (READ POST #18) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Please do not bring the option to skate into the next generation, GF. We thank you for another choice of faster transportation but its more of an annoyance than beneficial.

There should be an option to take the roller skates off next game.

Please do not bring the option to skate into the next generation, GF. We thank you for another choice of faster transportation but its more of an annoyance than beneficial.

-Says people who can't control the roller skates properly.

It's far superior than having to hotkey select the bike, and it's faster than running. The only legitimate complaint is that they should let players take the roller skates off. Other than that, people who can actually manipulate it properly are golden.

-Says people who can't control the roller skates properly.

It's far superior than having to hotkey select the bike, and it's faster than running. The only legitimate complaint is that they should let players take the roller skates off. Other than that, people who can actually manipulate it properly are golden.

Its not just the problem of control and I quote from a review from Siliconera:

The skates are incredibly smooth and fun to use—with the only problem being that sometimes they’re a bit too fast and smooth, so much so that turning in a specific direction to talk to NPCs or trying to head into a door can be difficult.

GF could slow the speed or make the player come to an abrupt halt similar to real world skaters.

Last edited:

I wonder if they went through with the skateboard in G/S if this is how it would have ended up.

You had over 10 years, GF, you could have fixed the controls some...or at least made the rollerblades a key item instead of making them like running shoes.

This game is so amazing, it's really hard to find a flaw to me. I was really surprised.

My only complaint would be individual Pokémon, I guess. I don't really like Binacle and Diggersby.

-Super Training is incredibly difficult if you're left-handed. You either use the stylus with your left hand and awkwardly cross your right hand over your left to use the circle pad which is very uncomfortable, or use the circle pad with your left, and stylus with your right hand.

-I dislike how there are only 69 new Pokemon, and how the pokedex is so massive.

-The rollerskates aren't that bad once you're used to them, you can walk with the control pad, but even so, I find walking normally kind of awkward.

-Pokemon-Amie is interesting for about five minutes. You play each minigame once, feed a pokemon, and that's it. It's boring. And what purpose does decorating your room/space/thing have? Can you show it to people?

-This has nothing to do with gameplay, but am I the only one who finds Valerie's eyes extremely weird/creepy?

Otherwise, this game is awesome.

I actually really like the roller skates, and I find them much easier and less of a pain than the bike. Then again I'm used to playing with the D-Pad ^^'

I actually think that Grass types got weaker this gen, unless I just picked some really crappy grass types XD. First I went with Pansage but I boxed him after about level 15 or so since he still didn't know any decent moves. Then I picked Bulbasaur, had it reach level 20 as an Ivysaur and its only damaging grass move was Vine Whip still -.- so in the end I caught a Skiddo and was happy to see that it learned Razor Leaf at level 15 or so.

Also this may be because I'm not that far into the game so I haven't seen much character development from her yet, but I don't really like Shauna. It's just something about her that irks me a little. Maybe it's all of the musical notes that appear around her dialogue and the part when she constantly kept reminding you that she would heal wour Pokemon for you in the forest. I was like "Alright, I get it!" So far she seems like a less ditzy Bianca. I'm sure my opinion will change later on but right now she's probably my least favorite out of the main 5.

Its not just the problem of control

GF could slow the speed or make the player come to an abrupt halt similar to real world skaters.

Tap on the d-pad to put on on an abrupt halt. Use roller skates for wide open speed, and then tap on the d pad for the last bits of finesse for optimal mobility.

-Pokemon-Amie is interesting for about five minutes. You play each minigame once, feed a pokemon, and that's it. It's boring. And what purpose does decorating your room/space/thing have? Can you show it to people?
Five minutes here, five minutes there, and next thing you know you've logged 10 hours on Pokemon-Amie but still have yet to conquer the next Gym.

Pokemon from other players on the PSS will occasionally drop by to visit on your Pokemon-Amie, and they do seem to sit down and eat any Pokepuff you set on the table.

And don't forget the in-battle benefits to having a Pokemon with high Amie! One of them is a roughly +20% boost in the Pokemon's XP gain (my Lucario is most definitely challenging Braixen for highest-levelled team member atm). Another is spontaneously curing itself of status ailments (like poison/paralysis).

I'm honestly a little bored with the space between Gyms. It's great and all, not just going from place to place. But it's also kind of boring at times.

My only complain is that the rollerblades can make it hard to position yourself to talk to someone.

Other than that, I'm loving X. It had addressed all the things I was pretty damn critical of in BW2.

I'm honestly a little bored with the space between Gyms. It's great and all, not just going from place to place. But it's also kind of boring at times.

This isn't nearly as bad as that gap in B2/W2 after the Flying(?) gym. That was absolutely horrendous.

The 3D in caves just makes me miss a 3d overworld more.

I don't think complaining about the small number is fair. Game freak probably just wanted to make the majority of us happy. When they added all new mon in gen five everyone complained. My complaint is not the quantity but the quality. Most new gen 6 pokemon were sh*t. With the ecxeption of a few.

I thought that Pokemon X and Y would have a lot of new Pokemon (with the ones that evolves from the old generations)

But now it's ruined and now feeling really bad because
- of having only 69 Pokemon (SERIOUSLY!!!!)
- having only one Pokemon (Sylveon)that evolves from the older generation
- having CRAPPY mega Pokemon that is not even a totally new Pokemon but only a different form (some may have high stats and good abilities) but all will be gone once battle is over

I hope GameFreak will fix this but still however they'll never listen to fans like us

I wander if game freak is going to troll us this generation. Everyone disappointed about the lack of new mon but maybe it will be like gen 4. They've definently layer the groundwork for what we want. What I see happening is this.
-sometime either late 2013 or mid 2014 pokemon Z is announced
-their will be many new mob added plus many evos to old favorites
Cough cough* Farfetched,Sableye and Dunsparce.
-I also speculate that early 2015 will see either gen three remakes or sequels as evidenced by the ton of Hoenn references

I'm almost done with the story, and I got to say that I really enjoyed the game. That being said, I have some more complaints. Spoilers abound!

-Four rival-friends and I feel that only Shauna, and to a very lesser extent, Serena/Calem) are that interesting. Tierno feels pretty flat as a character, and while Trevor did have that scene in Frost Cave, he was also pretty boring. Shauna was the only one of the group I felt actually grow a lot, and I ended up really liking her. It's too bad they got shafted and their teams were so pathetic. I know they're not supposed to be battlers, but come on.

I like Tierno's design, but Trevor's personality. I wonder how different things would be if their characters were combined? I feel as though there's not a lot of differentiation between them not to warrant such a thing.

-Does Lumiose City really need to many cafes? Really?

-The Gym Leaders don't seem as interesting as last gen's. Aside from Korrina, they haven't had much of a presence outside their Gyms (Viola was at that battle place, and Grant was in a race we didn't see?). Which is a shame, because a few of them seemed pretty interesting. I'm hoping for the best when I meet Wulfric, though.

They should've just combined Trevor and Tierno and made the resulting guy the romantic subplot option, and second Starter holder, for female players.

I do like Tierno's dance though.

These gym leaders are piss easy. 1 and 2 had too few pokemon, 3 and 4 were easily one-pokemon sweeped.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom