• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Like Legend of Zelda, do you think they should relase an offical timeline?

they alredy have one one line google it and you can most likly find it online in pdf format it was rather long too

Wait wut? I mean, we do know the ORDER for most the games.
The reason we (or at least some people) want a timeline is to know the actual NUMBER OF YEARS between each game.

At least this proves that they won't alter the timeline for these new remakes. I'm glad to finally have confirmation that Generation III is contemporary with Generation I.

XY being contemporary with B2W2 is unexpected.

Yeah, that part threw me off. The way the plasma events were being mentioned, it sounded like a good while ago, not within months of XY.

Yeah, that part threw me off. The way the plasma events were being mentioned, it sounded like a good while ago, not within months of XY.
I thought that there was a 1-year gap. Technically, they didn't mention any specific events; an NPC said that Team Plasma was "making news a while back in the Unova region", which is just a reference to Black and White as it turns out. It seems that Colress was in Kalos prior to B2W2, which could explain his absence from Unova during Black and White.

While that doesn't affect the games per se, it will be interesting to have two games in a generation with the events happening in different time frames.

I think the timeline is pretty clear each generation happens after the last, apart from gen 1 and gen 2, which I see as incorporated into gen 3 and gen 4 after the reboot.

So RBY/GSC are no longer in the timeline, they are gone, written out of canon.

So we have RBY/FRLG happening around the same time, maybe FRLG slightly ahead.
Then DPPT and HGSS happening around the same time, and I think they intertwine, when you start DPPT the Lake of Rage event has already happened, but by the time you complete your run through Johto and your run through Kanto, the events of DPPT have concluded hence why Cynthia knows about Giratina in the Sinjoh ruins.

Then its straight forward, BW comes couple of years after that, then B2W2, then X and Y.

This is why I think OR/AS will be a knew game rather than a remake, you can't set the games back in 2003/2005 and have Mega Evos and Fairy types running around whem they weren't discovered until 2013.

Oras said:
then B2W2, then X and Y.
They're contemporary as proved by the tweet. Toshinobu Matsumiya is Game Freak's scenario writer.

This is why I think OR/AS will be a knew game rather than a remake,
Sadly, Satoru Iwata confirmed that they're remakes.

you can't set the games back in 2003/2005 and have Mega Evos and Fairy types running around whem they weren't discovered until 2013.
Game Freak have no problem with retcons, as evidenced by the previous remakes. But the Fairy being recognized as a type won't be a problem as long as it isn't acknowledged by any of the NPCs. As for Mega Evolutions, they were discovered in Kalos in the ancient past and so it doesn't make sense that they were recently discovered in the other regions, even though there is a silly line in XY about Mega Evolution only existing in Kalos.

They're contemporary as proved by the tweet. Toshinobu Matsumiya is Game Freak's scenario writer.

This is why I think OR/AS will be a knew game rather than a remake,
Sadly, Satoru Iwata confirmed that they're remakes.

you can't set the games back in 2003/2005 and have Mega Evos and Fairy types running around whem they weren't discovered until 2013.
Game Freak have no problem with retcons, as evidenced by the previous remakes. But the Fairy being recognized as a type won't be a problem as long as it isn't acknowledged by any of the NPCs. As for Mega Evolutions, they were discovered in Kalos in the ancient past and so it doesn't make sense that they were recently discovered in the other regions, even though there is a silly line in XY about Mega Evolution only existing in Kalos.

What tweet implies B2W2 and XY happen around the same time? I assume they are at least a year apart as in real life, also didn't someone mention Colress in XY, implying the events after B2W2

What tweet implies B2W2 and XY happen around the same time? I assume they are at least a year apart as in real life, also didn't someone mention Colress in XY, implying the events after B2W2
You should read the recent posts in this thread. Here's the tweet.

As I said before, Colress being in Kalos before XY doesn't mean that the B2W2 events already took place.

You should read the recent posts in this thread. Here's the tweet.

As I said before, Colress being in Kalos before XY doesn't mean that the B2W2 events already took place.

Ok, seems legit, but according to his own tweet how can XY=RS when he already showed RS->DPPT->BW ->B2W2 = XY it's gone full circle

Ok, seems legit, but according to his own tweet how can XY=RS when he already showed RS->DPPT->BW ->B2W2 = XY it's gone full circle
The remakes aren't contemporary with XY just as B2W2 weren't contemporary with their prequels despite being released in the same generation. It's weird but it just means that the remakes won't reference the XY events, and that the trading mechanism won't be explained.

I fully agree that sequels would make more sense (for several reasons), but alas.

The remakes aren't contemporary with XY just as B2W2 weren't contemporary with their prequels despite being released in the same generation. It's weird but it just means that the remakes won't reference the XY events, and that the trading mechanism won't be explained.

I fully agree that sequels would make more sense (for several reasons), but alas.

It just seems odd that they made a big deal about new fairy type in XY storyline, and newly Rediscovered Mega Evolutions, but it turns out actually, these things both existed back in FRLG/RSE. I know there was a type change in GSC and eggs etc which were then in RSE/FRLG, but I consider RSE a complete reboot of the series and seperate canon to RBY/GSC

Also more importantly what console will be in the players house, Gamecube or Wii U ;)

Also more importantly what console will be in the players house, Gamecube or Wii U ;)
They changed Red's SNES to an NES in FRLG, so who knows?

But like I said, that was a retcon, a reboot, RBY/GSC aren't in the timeline anymore they never happened, the tweet even excludes them. But RS are not so easily removed from the timeline. How can Brendan and May have a Wii U, when 3 years later poor Lucas and Dawn only have a Wii?

But like I said, that was a retcon, a reboot, RBY/GSC aren't in the timeline anymore they never happened, the tweet even excludes them. But RS are not so easily removed from the timeline. How can Brendan and May have a Wii U, when 3 years later poor Lucas and Dawn only have a Wii?
I thought you were being facetious. The game system isn't an important detail, but they could easily bring back the GameCube or even an older system. By the way, the fact that Brendan/May had a GameCube while Red/Leaf had an NES was odd in itself.

I consider RSE a complete reboot of the series and seperate canon to RBY/GSC
I know you said you consider and wasn't trying to stat a fact or anything like that, but I have to say: RSE isn't a complete (nor an incomplete) reboot of the series. The Pokémon series was never rebooted. RB/GSC aren't canon anymore, since they got remakes, but RSE (only Emerald, actually, since it is third version) is in the same canon as FRLG, HGSS, Platinum, BW/B2W2 and X/Y.

As for what console May and Brendan will have, it will most likely be a Wii U, but it could be a Wii or even just a Gamecube. The fact Dawn and Lucas had a Wii means nothing, if DPPt get remakes in Generation VII, they could also change the Wii for Nintendo's next home console as well. This is such a minor and irrelevant detail. :loopy:

I thought you were being facetious.

I was

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom