• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Oh my god. I want to scream. Who spread the initial rumor that the Charizard is Steven's?? I looked at the scan a million times and there isn't a single word written that the Mega-Charizard is officially confirmed as his??? It is NOT confirmed yet omg.

Looking closer at the Primal Groudon vs Primal Kyogre page, I quite like the look of their new attacks. Primal Kyogre's in particular reminds me of the highest tier spells in Final Fantasy XII.

I'm not a particular fan of Steven of anything, but giving him extremely skintight pants just like the Team Flare grunts was a terrible idea. It looks awful.

Also, character's lack of noses in their artwork is starting to really annoy me, it looks too empty to me. At least give them more than just a curved line.

Not a fan of Brendan and May's redesigns either, though I adore Mega Swampert, which is ironic since Swampert is my least favorite Hoenn starter. I think I'll wait a bit longer on the whole Primal Kyogre/Groudon issue.. I like their designs but I'll keep it at that for now.

Why would Steven have a Mega Charizard X? There were plenty of Mega Evolutions to give him from his type (Steel) and his hobby (Rock-type, from collecting rare stones).

Nintendo seems to like promoting this thing: SSB4, Mega Evolution Acts, and now ORAS.

Oh my god. I want to scream. Who spread the initial rumor that the Charizard is Steven's?? I looked at the scan a million times and there isn't a single word written that the Mega-Charizard is officially confirmed as his??? It is NOT confirmed yet omg.
It's natural to assume that it's Steven's. It's beside Steven's picture in the magazine where it would have no place otherwise, and Mega Charizard X has been promoted a lot recently. There isn't any confirmation, but most have reasoned that it's likely his. Maybe it's not Steven's, and it's just an example of what he's likely studying in ORAS.

If it is his, it's likely he doesn't use it in his main team. He is a Steel type trainer, so I can see where you're coming from.

Lift.png

2014 is the Year of the Lift.

Notice that May and Brendan have their Emerald clothes on in the ORAS design. There's a pretty good chance that the developers will incorporate Emerald features into ORAS.

For Brendan, yeah, but May's red and black clothes, and her yellow bag (as opposed to green in Emerald) seem to harken back a lot more to her original Ruby and Sapphire design

Last edited:
Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon. Awesome. Wasn't my first choice, but I know lots of fans wanted it, so I'm happy for them. Mega Swampert been hitting the gym looks rad as fuck <3

Ew, Mega Swampert looks so weird to me lol But whatever, this just confirms all starters will get Mega's. I for one am ecstatic about Mega Empoleon. I love Steven's redesign, however. And Game Freak did say no Kalos Pokémon would get Mega's in X and Y. This is ORAS lol Mega Diancie looks ridiculous. I wonder how what (if anything) they'll do with Pikachu and Eevee, since they're starters as well...

Okay, let's see...

Brendan's and May's designs don't look too shabby. Better than the HGSS PC redesigns (CURSE YOU LYRA FOR REMOVING CRYSTAL!!!), and, given the fact that I had (or maybe still have) a game crush on May, I like her design a bit more. But still, their designs could be a whole lot worse, so I'll take it.

So, all three Hoenn Starters can Mega Evolve. Mega Sceptile looks pretty rad, but Mega Swampert... it looks like a balloon with too much air in it, especially its arms. Or maybe one of those Wubble bubble/ball toys I've seen ads for recently, since it looks like that. And Grass/Dragon? Well, looks like that finally happened. Never thought I'd see the day a Starter would gain the Dragon-type. Hopefully that gives Sceptile a decent boost in power and bulk, though Ice will nuke it pretty good.

So, it looks like we're getting two bikes again. I'm glad, as I liked that little gimmick. Made getting the bike more interesting that just for faster traveling.

The designs for Magma/Aqua are pretty good (though I'm having a bit of trouble getting a really good look). At least the Admins now look like something special instead of looking rather generic. Archie's design is the major oddball to me (though he was always crazy, so I guess it works for him), but I'll get use to it. I'll probably like the designs more when I see them in-game, as that usually ends up the case. While Steven looks largely unaltered, but that's good, as he design was pretty solid to begin with. Guess it's hard to improve perfection. *chuckles*

Overall, a nice leak. I hope to find more detailed (and larger) images of these scans so I can look them over more (especially the Aqua/Magma designs, as I can't quite totally make them out). But not to shabby.

I know. What is with Mega Diancie? Where did that even come from? And does this mean Mega Delpohx? :D

Anyway, so pleased with this CoroCoro edition. Can't stop looking at the pictures. Just a couple more months. Sigh.

The overworld and battle backgrounds are what impressed me the most out of the CoroCoro reveals.

They look so much better compared to the scenes in X and Y.

Also, I really love Courtney's new design - best of the redesigns tbh.

I know. What is with Mega Diancie? Where did that even come from? And does this mean Mega Delpohx? :D

Anyway, so pleased with this CoroCoro edition. Can't stop looking at the pictures. Just a couple more months. Sigh.

I agree with you. Mega Diancie is a bit out-of-place. And I can only imagine what Mega Delphox would look like (just as long as the ear fur doesn't explode any further...)

Sigh, yeah, if only they could speed up the release date. The only other new game I have to look forward to for a while is Zexal World Duel Carnival. But they're the boss, so November it is. Guess they're doing the whole Christmas holiday bit again. What, the summer isn't good enough anymore?

Holy shit just noticed the rs styled speech bubble! Wonderful touch imo.

I don't think Steven as champion has been confirmed, has it? My memory's a bit fuzzy, but usually when they refer to the champion, they write it out in katakana (チャンピオン), and I don't see that word on his page.

Unless I'm wrong, his champion status is still unconfirmed. What is, is that he's searching for the secrets of Mega Evolution. So he'll probably keep his Mega Boss status from Emerald, making Wallace the Champion and Juan the final gym leader. Steven seems like he cares more about stones and gems than being a champion, even though he does both things extremely well.

I hope it's not his. Considering it's Fire/Dragon and not Steel or Rock, that'd be very shocking. But then again, aside from the Hoenn champions, Lance and Iris, every other champion has had a multi-type team. I'd much prefer Steven to follow this trend.

YES NEW MEGAS!!! TIME FOR SPECULATION!!!!

Okay okay last post (for now). The scans reveal that Team Magma and Team Aqua will be as they were in RS, right?

If so, I'm kind of bummed. I wanted to fight both of them as we did in Emerald. Given their designs, it seems a shame that only half of them will be seen in battle, and often in at that.

I'm loving mega Sceptile. Grass dragon is a combination I always wanted to see. Rel
Really don't care for Swampert that much.

As for team magma/aqua redesigns. I'm actually really liming Maxie's design.

They love to make 4x weak to ice dragons don't they ;)

Back
Top Bottom