• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

NOOOO! This thread is reserved entirely for complaining about real life and discussing lemons. And sometimes Game of Thrones, which sort of falls into both categories.

Nah, but really. Technically, plot bunnies belong in the General Writing Questions thread, where they are very welcome!

Hello internet, welcome me to the Fiction Fareground. Anyway, Youtuber references aside, I'm posting here to anounce my first work of fanfiction ever, which will be appearing shortly after this message, a pair of oneshots (a twoshot?) called Darkrai's Shadow, So... Read 'n' reveiw and all that.

Hello internet, welcome me to the Fiction Fareground. Anyway, Youtuber references aside, I'm posting here to anounce my first work of fanfiction ever, which will be appearing shortly after this message, a pair of oneshots (a twoshot?) called Darkrai's Shadow, So... Read 'n' reveiw and all that.

Welcome and all that jazz, glad to see some new faces around, but if you want to promote your work the Announcement Thread is the place to go :)

USA! USA! USA! USA!

Thank you, Portugal!

On to the next. #ibelievethatwewillwin

If USA can beat those overrated Belgians, that'd be brilliant.

Colombia is my number one team to follow now that my own nation has been dumped out, though.

World Cup stuff. Meh. xP (I never liked soccer, sorry peeps lol)

Anyway, I've some good news! After over a year of being left in the dust, Zelda: The Ancient Power is finally going to get an update. I haven't finished the chapter yet, but it's nearing completion and once my co-author is through looking at the current FE: Dawn of Darkness chapter, I can hand him the TAP chapter! Look forward to some major updates from me soon. ^^

For what it's worth, I'm a football nerd on top being a regular nerd. I spend way too long studying that game than I should be.

I love cricket, too. All those numbers and graphs... it's paradise.

I don't know if Pacific Rim necessarily needs a sequel - I mean, the movie ended things pretty solidly. What's going to happen in the sequel - "Oh no, another one has opened - lets just fight some more monsters..." I mean, not a lot of stuff these days really needs a sequel, but especially not things that end pretty conclusively.

BTW, you still have time to vote for the three User Voted categories!

American football is like the best sport ever, imo. There's a reason it's so huge here and other nations eventually took interest in it (like England. Every NFL season, one game is hosted in London). ;D

It's just so freaking exciting to watch. And when your team makes a huge play it's like "OMFG THAT WAS AWESOME YEAAAAH!!" ^^

American football is like the best sport ever, imo. There's a reason it's so huge here and other nations eventually took interest in it (like England. Every NFL season, one game is hosted in London). ;D

It's just so freaking exciting to watch. And when your team makes a huge play it's like "OMFG THAT WAS AWESOME YEAAAAH!!" ^^

I'd have to disagree. Although it may be popular, all I see is people running at each other when there are clearly empty spaces all around them. STOP CHARGING THROUGH THE PACK AND GO AROUND IT. What is this, Pokemon? "A tree is in the way." Who needs to cut the tree when you can just go between it and the next tree? Also, for every few seconds of action, there is a long pause. There's too much stopping and starting for my liking. Also, the commercials. There's some after EVERY SINGLE PLAY. Why not watch soccer, when the only commercials are during halftime? Football may be alright to play with a few friends, but professional football just isn't my cup of tea, so to say.

I'd have to disagree. Although it may be popular, all I see is people running at each other when there are clearly empty spaces all around them. STOP CHARGING THROUGH THE PACK AND GO AROUND IT. What is this, Pokemon? "A tree is in the way." Who needs to cut the tree when you can just go between it and the next tree? Also, for every few seconds of action, there is a long pause. There's too much stopping and starting for my liking. Also, the commercials. There's some after EVERY SINGLE PLAY. Why not watch soccer, when the only commercials are during halftime? Football may be alright to play with a few friends, but professional football just isn't my cup of tea, so to say.

Uh, wow, way to unnecessarily exaggerate. For one thing, every sport has commercials. And even then, football only does them during half time and during timeouts. They're not after every single play.

Second, you don't seem to know the rules of football very well. Teams don't just run the ball, they pass it too, and whenever they do run, I will agree that they sometimes unnecessarily run right into the pile. But other times they do this to run down the clock because if they go around the pile, they may wind up being forced to run out of bounds, which stops the clock.

You also need to watch some actual good plays. To see a player on my team to actually keep running for an insane distance gets my heart pumped up so hard and I go "YEAH KEEP GOING KEEP GOING KEEP GOING!! TOUCHDOWN!!" :p

American football does have a lot of pauses though. I find that, if nothing else, to be a valid criticism of the sport. Not that I really care much for any sport to be honest.

Uh, wow, way to unnecessarily exaggerate. For one thing, every sport has commercials. And even then, football only does them during half time and during timeouts. They're not after every single play.

Second, you don't seem to know the rules of football very well. Teams don't just run the ball, they pass it too, and whenever they do run, I will agree that they sometimes unnecessarily run right into the pile. But other times they do this to run down the clock because if they go around the pile, they may wind up being forced to run out of bounds, which stops the clock.

You also need to watch some actual good plays. To see a player on my team to actually keep running for an insane distance gets my heart pumped up so hard and I go "YEAH KEEP GOING KEEP GOING KEEP GOING!! TOUCHDOWN!!" :p

Okay, I may have exaggerated a bit with the commercial bit. Sorry about that part, I haven't actually really seen any football games on TV in years. I do understand that passes are made; I guess I just didn't make that clear in the post. Looking back, I do look like a fool who knows nothing about football, hehe. Let me rephrase that: I feel as if football has too little spread and pauses and the plays are much too short for the most part. When they are more exciting, it always appears to be focusing on one or two key players rather than the team as a whole. Each player plays a key role in every sport, although in football, I see it a bit less. Whether it's the fact that I am not as fine-tuned in such a sport of the fact that it is actually the case is to be determined. Also, Just about every sport has good plays. The tension in some of the better plays in soccer are actually quite exciting. Sorry I seemed so exaggerating and perhaps slightly foolish in my last post, I guess I wasn't really 100% there at the time of writing it. I've been working hard, and I guess I was a bit worn down.

I see. That's a much better way of explaining it, I can understand now. I never minded the pauses myself though, so I guess that's a reason I can enjoy it.

But I never liked soccer because I just never had fun playing it or watching it. I just see people running around everywhere in soccer, as well as hockey. Though I did like watching hockey during the Stanley Cup playoffs (though wtf those Pittsburgh Penguins losing THREE GAMES IN A ROW after they had just WON three in a row...).

Soccer nerd here as well, but the NFL is fantastic as well. American Football and football (soccer) are my two favorite sports for different reasons.

Soccer, because it's a beautiful game that requires fluidity and grace. It's a sophisticated game. Many of my fellow Americans don't like it because there aren't enough goals, but as a soccer player, I can say that that's why I love it. A goal is so hard to attain that it is just amazing when it happens.

Football is more barbaric and gladiatorial, which Americans love. It's an amazing display of athleticism, especially in the passing game.

I love both.

Back
Top Bottom